Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 367123 times)

« Reply #1275 on: November 27, 2016, 06:17:26 PM »
The PC is a joy to use now. I'm also glad they brought back the miscellaneous storage pocket in your bag for one-off evolutionary/held items and the like.

My biggest complaint is Festival Plaza. It's an enormous step back in functionality from the PSS, and it overcomplicates simple tasks like dyeing clothing items or resetting EVs. The only way to level it up is to play tedious minigames, and you can only initiate three of those per day.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1276 on: November 28, 2016, 10:31:01 AM »
EV training has always seemed kind of like this awkward mechanic that everyone (including the devs) knows is really tedious and unfun; but at the same time, there's this odd aversion to completely doing away with it or making it more trivial, like somehow everything would be too smooth without it.  Super Training in X/Y was way better than the long grinds I remember from Gen IV, but having my progress come to a complete halt for however long it took to do a couple minigames over and over was still not something I thought of as terribly compelling.

(I haven't played the new ones but from most sources I read it sounds like they've been continuing the proud series tradition of "two steps forward, one step back")
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1277 on: November 28, 2016, 02:19:55 PM »
I always opted to fight hordes over super training for my EVs. Especially after Bank came out, gave me more BP than I could ever need, allowing me to get loads of Power items.

Nothing as simple seems to exist in SM. I think I'll probably usually do my breeding and EV training in X unless there is an egg move or the Pokémon I want doesn't exist in gen 6.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1278 on: November 28, 2016, 04:30:55 PM »
The quickest way to EV train now is having enemies call for help. Each consecutive opponent you KO gives twice as many EVs as the last, so if your Pokemon is holding a Power item, you can max out a stat after beating fourteen enemies. Seven if the Pokemon has Pokerus. Be sure to have someone with False Swipe and a stock of Adrenaline Orbs. It's not as faste as hordes, but better than the alternatives offered.

Another tip: Just south of the day-care building there's a little fenced-in enclosure that's possible to enter on foot, but not while riding a Pokemon. You can enter it, hop on Tauros, and spin the circle pad around to quickly hatch eggs. Better yet, the space is within view of the breeder who crosses her arms when an egg has appeared so you can collect them immediately.

« Reply #1279 on: November 28, 2016, 05:02:00 PM »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1280 on: November 28, 2016, 10:29:24 PM »
me:

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1281 on: December 01, 2016, 03:16:43 AM »
Triples and Rotations were removed!

My Triples team involved using Greninja's Mat Block and protean type changing, and Latias' Tailwind and Heal Pulse, to enable Lickilicky to destroy everything with Belly Drum, Rock Slide, Earthquake and Explosion. I know what to do to retool it into a doubles team. My Rotations team on the other hand... I'll explain it first

Politoed is in the lead, so Drizzle activates when the battle starts. Kingdra and Audino are in the back, Kingdra with Sniper and holding a Scope Lens, Audino with a Sitrus Berry because I never got a copy of ORAS and don't know if Audinite would really help it do its job here any better. On turn 1 I rotate to Kingdra, who uses Focus Energy, bringing its crit chance to 100%. On the second turn, I rotate to Audino and use Gravity. Gravity makes it so that low-accuracy moves like Hydro Pump will always hit. The rain multiplies water-type attacks' power by 1.5 and a Sniper's crits are 2.25 times as powerful as non-crits, plus you have your STAB, so this Kingdra is now dishing out base power 556.875 Hydro Pumps with over 100% accuracy. Politoed knows Rain Dance in addition to having Drizzle and can therefore restart the rain if it ends without having to switch out, and if anyone gets hurt, Audino knows Wish, which will heal whoever is rotated in on the turn after it's used. He also has Heal Bell. The team is backed up by Mamoswine, Garchomp and Toxicroak, all given hard-hitting moves that are sure to hit under high Gravity.

I can't make this absurd strategy happen in any other format, sadly, due to the way rotating does not use a turn or remove status changes like switching out does. I'm not sure I can even take any of the members and teach them different moves, because their natures are specific to the roles played in this team in particular. I'm just going to have to leave it in X unless they ever bring Rotations back.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 03:20:40 AM by BP »
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1282 on: December 01, 2016, 03:26:52 PM »
I just realized, if Stars ends up being a thing, it's gonna be weird going back to single-screen battles after ten years.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1283 on: January 06, 2017, 05:39:10 AM »
It's that time of times again

It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1284 on: January 06, 2017, 06:46:34 AM »
Nice lineup!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #1285 on: January 06, 2017, 04:03:08 PM »
Love the Breloom drawing.

Wish I had a basket of bite-sized Goomies.

« Reply #1286 on: January 05, 2021, 04:37:32 AM »
I'm sure we've all done it (probably numerous times), gotten bored and restarted an old game to play through it all again. and while for nostalgia's sake I would imagine the original games are replayed the most, I would like to know your guys' opinions. which pokemon game do you enjoy replaying the most? and why? is it for the graphics, or story? maybe you enjoy the music? or it simply reminds you of your childhood. it could even be a not-too-old game such as black or white, if you like.
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Print