Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 367063 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 08:57:42 AM »
Should I be regretting buying Kirby Super Star Ultra instead? 

...Probably not until it's confirmed that this announcement actually is regarding G/S(/C) remakes.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 10:50:39 AM »
If Yellow never got remade, I don't think Crystal will be remade either.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 03:47:13 PM »
They did remake Yellow, only they took out the Pikachu that follows  you around and called it Crystal..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2009, 03:48:11 PM »
We're talking about the FR/LG era.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2009, 10:35:11 PM »
Well gee, aren't you a happy person. In the eyes of many pokefans, G/S/C was the best in terms of new species and plot. So, nyehh. I'll buy two copies to offset you not buying it.
Thanks, but I never said that I wasn't going to buy it. I just don't think I could waste another 300 hours of my life trying to complete a pokedex that seems to be impossible to complete anyway. And, I have yet to play Pokemon Platinum, so I really need to get that soon. But yeah, if they are making a G/S remake, I'm going to purchase it. Don't know why ...but I will.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 10:56:24 PM »
Psssst

Don't try to fill out the Pokédex

The game is more fun if you ignore it
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 08:54:16 AM »
For you, perhaps.

I enjoyed filling my Pearl Pokedex.  I don't really want to do it all over for Platinum, but that's more laziness than not enjoying it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 06:43:38 PM »
The one game I think I went the most Pokedex crazy on was Pearl, probably because you can get almost every Pokemon, period, in it.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 08:53:09 PM »

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2009, 09:07:50 PM »

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2009, 09:19:48 PM »
WPM has an ego problem.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2009, 10:13:50 PM »
I hope this is true!
I felt overwhelming joy when I found out about this, while listening "I Want to Ride My Bicycle"!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2009, 10:37:38 AM »
I almost certainly jizzed in my pants from hearing the news... NOT from seeing the below image. Just thought I'd clear that up before anyone saw the oppurtunity to make some snarky comment.

http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/150/1/8/Fat_Feraligatr_by_xxXMissYifphXxx.jpg

Are you a /b/rotha by any chance?
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2009, 02:01:28 PM »
C'mon Jake, the name pracitcally gives it away.

As for the remakes, hopefully they'll be more enjoyable this time since Game Freak gets a chance to rectify it's mistakes from the first time. Especially with the ability to trade to Red/Blue too early in the game. That practically destroys any challenge the game offers, since you can sweep through the game with your veteran team as opposed to a new one.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2009, 03:03:44 PM »
Are you a /b/rotha by any chance?

I couldn't honestly call myself anything of a /b/rotha, nor a /b/tard or even a /b/astard -- I may occasionally lurk the place, but that's basically the extent of things.

Anyways, Heart Gold and Soul Silver will probably adopt Diamond and Pearl's method of allowing cross-generation Pokemon transfers only after conquering the Elite Four. As long as a Crystal remake isn't announced a year after having spent fifty dollars on a Silver remake, I'll be content.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print