Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 367065 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2009, 04:37:34 PM »
C'mon Jake, the name pracitcally gives it away.

As for the remakes, hopefully they'll be more enjoyable this time since Game Freak gets a chance to rectify it's mistakes from the first time. Especially with the ability to trade to Red/Blue too early in the game. That practically destroys any challenge the game offers, since you can sweep through the game with your veteran team as opposed to a new one.

...And you aren't able to do that in every other game in the series?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2009, 06:18:40 PM »
Pics ahoy, boys and girls! Rest assured that they're straight from the ever-reliable folks at Serebii.net:

It's intriguing that your chosen starter follows behind the player, a la Pokemon Yellow. Sadly, the Pokemon Company's Japanese-to-Engrish translated webpage provides little in the way of answers.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 06:25:31 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2009, 06:24:55 PM »
All right!

It'd be even better if you could just choose a Pokémon to follow you and switch freely, or go without it. That's a feature I've been wishing for since I first played Red.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2009, 07:11:53 PM »
You know, I might finally get in on this Porkyman thingie this time around, for reals.

Is there a difference between the two games? Am I supposed to buy both? I never really paid attention before.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2009, 07:16:55 PM »
The only difference between the two games is the set of pokemon that appears in each game. Like in the Red/Blue generation, Ekans only appeared in the wild in the Red game and.. Maybe Sandshrew only appeared in the Blue.

If you've got enough money (or a significant other who likes to play games) it never hurts to have both games around.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2009, 07:29:04 PM »
Disregard this; I suck.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 07:49:27 PM by Weegee »

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2009, 07:38:50 PM »
Wrooong. In Gold and Silver, you were able to catch Ho-Oh and Lugia in both of them.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2009, 07:53:20 PM »
I can't even begin to describe how much I hate myself right now for misguiding poor, naive CrossEyed. How could I have forgotten?

Well, otherwise, there are indeed a number of Pokemon exclusive to each version. As for the aformentioned Legendary Pokemon, one can't be caught until towards the game's end.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2009, 08:20:09 PM »
So which one has cooler 'Mans?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2009, 08:28:46 PM »
Let's see here ...still haven't bought Pokmon Platinum, so that will be $35.00. And buying the upcoming Pokemon Heart Gold and Pokemon Soul Silver (I'm getting Silver) will be another $35.00 bucks out of my pocket. So that'll be $70 bucks spent on Pokemon. Plus tax. >:|
Oh yeah, and spending a good 600 hours on both games. Wonderful.

I'm actually looking forward to journeying back to the Johto region and maybe even catching the elusive Celebi. I also hope that Pokemon HG/SS comes jam-packed with a load of new and enhanced features. :D
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2009, 08:37:36 PM »
Well, the game won't be released in Japan until September, meaning that North America will be waiting for at least one solid year. I'd reccomend making regular stops by Serebii.net for constantly-updated word on all things Pokemon, not to mention a thorough rundown on the basics of series.

In other words, just pick your favourite colour of the two. In keeping with personal tradition, I'll be purchasing the less-popular title in the pair, presumably Silver.

Sorry to use Crunch on your bubble, FBM, but Celebi will almost certainly be this generation's token downloadable Pocket Monster.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 08:40:04 PM by Weegee »

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2009, 08:41:35 PM »
For whatever reason Silver is actually the more popular title.

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2009, 08:46:46 PM »

PROOF

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2009, 09:02:36 PM »
Speaking of proof, I would like to know who might have a Celebi (without Game Shark) in their Pokemon D/P/P pokedexes. I don't like downloading/obtaining Pokemon that way. But I'll bet that Nintendo will distribute Celebi at local Toys R Us, GameStop and the Nintendo World store in New York City in the near future.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2009, 09:50:33 PM »
I don't know how you want me to prove that. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Print