Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 367141 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2009, 07:34:22 PM »
If guys do stay away from it because it's called Heart, then I'll probably buy it just because of that.
tl;dr: Only wusses are afraid of looking like wusses.

Right. But don't get me wrong. I'm not avoiding HeartGold because of its title. I just want SoulSilver's exclusives... if they're the same as Silver's.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2009, 08:03:49 PM »
What exactly are Silver's exclusives?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2009, 09:14:51 PM »
I figure the word "Heart" is going to skew sales towards SoulSilver. Like how I don't know any guys who own Pearl.

I own Pearl!

I kinda like that it's going to be called HeartGold, becuase the people who play it will have hearts of gold. That's what they'll be saying about me, anyway..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2009, 03:29:16 PM »
Have fun with having these Pokemon listen to you :)   )

Don't worry about me, I only needed to beat the 4th gym to get most of my team to listen to me, and the 6th to have them all under my control.

Sure helped that prior to getting Gold, I was forced to restart my Red version twice and I defeated the Elite Four with a mostly underpowered team. It burned my wallet buying revive's and super potions, but it was well worth it.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2009, 03:54:37 PM »
It's both a blessing and a curse that money is so easy to get in D/P/Pt.  Well, after you get the Vs. Seeker, anyway.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2009, 04:39:33 PM »
Really, I restarted my Red version because I exploited the Missingno. glitch to up my party to L 100, unaware that rare candies hurt their stats.  Starter is the usual Charmander, but I'm trying to up my party's levels and beat Brock without the help of a water pokemon traded from my Yellow version.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2009, 04:43:32 PM »
Rare candies are fine if you've EV'd your party first.  Or at least, that's how it works in IV gen.

« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2009, 08:17:26 PM »
I didn't think that EV's applied in the first-generation Pokemon titles... Huh. Well, a weak level-100 beast is usually better than an adequate team of level-60's in many cases.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2009, 09:04:41 PM »
EV's weren't in the first two generations, but DVs (Deter Values) were the values that mattered. They are essentially the same as IVs, except I think they controlled a few other things in addition to stats-- such as gender and shininess.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2009, 06:34:08 PM »
Scans

New GOLD was overdone, so I'm not going to start drawing him any differently anytime soon. Apparently that's not even a redesign of KRIS at all, but some new chick. I feel for the girls. None of the designs for the female protagonist options have been short of horrendous, except LEAF.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2009, 07:03:16 PM »
Does anyone else suppose that the new female protagonist's ensemble could be a vague homage to Mario? Just a thought. Similarly, below are the sprites for your [male] player and rival.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2009, 07:06:25 PM »
Hehehehh, I noticed that too. It started with the shocking feeling that Daisy was staring at me ready to introduce herself... whoa.
It's YOUR problem!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2009, 08:52:02 PM »
Does anyone else suppose that the new female protagonist's ensemble could be a vague homage to Mario? Just a thought. Similarly, below are the sprites for your [male] player and rival.

Weegee, those can't be the sprites. Have you looked at the screenshots? Now GOLD has a yellow stripe going down his hat, as opposed to the yellow splash on the front (back). It's also missing the backpack. Those look to be fan-made.
No! I don't want that!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2009, 08:53:00 PM »
I feel for the girls. None of the designs for the female protagonist options have been short of horrendous, except LEAF.

Don't let Mr. Wiggles hear you say that.

Print