Print

Author Topic: Nintendo's Project Café Controller Mockup and Rumor Thread  (Read 11489 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: April 23, 2011, 07:38:11 PM »
Here's mine*:

I think I overdid it, but it was a fun little project.

Post your own mockups, repost mockups from other websites, and/or comment. Quotes and rumors are welcome in this thread, but please give sources where possible. 

*I think the original artwork was from a NeoGAF member. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 09:13:16 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 07:59:52 PM »
...But does it microwave food?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 08:14:33 PM »
...But does it microwave food?
If by microwave you mean radiation stronger than a police radar gun and by food you mean your private parts, then yes.  It will sterilize you in one play-through of Mario Universe. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 08:27:36 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 08:57:03 PM »
Some mockups via Google images:

« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 08:58:52 PM by Luigison »

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 09:47:53 PM »
My vote goes to the IGN design. I'm also diggin' that first one's cardboard-esque colour scheme, though.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 07:23:27 AM »
According to 01net the following mockup is the closest to the actual design.  01net has been first and right with similar stuff before, but until anything official is out I'm still calling this rumor. 

Edit:  According to the summary on Nintendo Everything: "Nintendo feels that gaming is better with buttons, so you won’t see a machine without them."  So, that eliminates my iPad version in the OP. 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:35:25 AM by Luigison »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 01:41:01 PM »
Right on, Nintendo
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 03:08:33 PM »
These supposedly come from multiple independent sources:

It's a Windows 7 box
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 04:12:10 PM »
I see a notch in the top

GC support? That would be just super good of them
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 04:13:34 PM »
Here's a complete unboxing for comparison.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2016, 05:54:17 PM »
The NX rumors I've been hearing for months now keep reminding me of this mockup of the Wii U I made: 

Here's mine*:

I think I overdid it, but it was a fun little project.

Post your own mockups, repost mockups from other websites, and/or comment. Quotes and rumors are welcome in this thread, but please give sources where possible. 

*I think the original artwork was from a NeoGAF member.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2016, 12:44:51 AM »
GameCube support would still be great

For the NX to have, now
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 12:59:55 AM »
When we look at theses mockups, they were pretty different to the Wii U. Do you think that the NX will be similar to some mockups?

http://wiiudaily.com/2016/09/new-mockup-shows-what-the-nintendo-nx-might-look-like/
http://wiiudaily.com/2016/07/nintendo-nx-mock-ups/
Bowser impostor in 5-4, Japanese god in real life!

Print