Print

Author Topic: New Wii U details - launch date, price, and more!  (Read 39010 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 09:44:46 PM »
Well logically accounting for inflation, it's not much more than $50 was worth in 2006 (and actually less than when the gamecube launched; $50 in 2001 is worth $64.68 now), but who uses logic when it comes to complaints about video game announcements? Yeah I'm not too happy with it regardless, but I'll just deal with it.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 10:03:35 PM »
I'm slightly disappointed with game prices, but there's only one launch game I'll be buying anyway. I'll be going after the Deluxe version as well, so that sounds like fun. I wonder how much I'll be using the Game Pad VS the Wii Remote.

Simply because it's new, I imagine I'll be trying out the GP for a while after my initial purchase.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 10:19:07 PM »
That means they'll cost $70 here. Ouch.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 01:44:36 PM »

Source

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 02:25:11 PM »

Source
Thanks for the source because of the censor. It was suprising to see that the Wii U actually costs less than an Atari 2600 adjusted for inflation.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 03:45:56 PM »
Hahahahahahahha the NES was the most expensive Nintendo home console ever hahahahahahahahahahaahahahhaa

I don't mean that in any malicious way, I just think it's hilarious and unbelievable
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 01:26:09 AM »
I'm 25 and my parents still buy me Christmas presents, so I know what I'm asking for!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2012, 04:58:22 PM »
Wii U's browser looks much more versatile than I thought: 

Quote from: D-e-f-;42268300
How can you know that now? If it runs really well and loads fast (which the extra RAM may finally enable them to do?!) then why not call up the browser on the tab to post a stupid screenshot of Link destroying all the furniture in Zelda's bedroom on GAF, for example?

Btw I went ahead and screencapped Iwata's browser presentation:

Ret's have a rook ...

two-screen browsing

browser-tabs in action!

browse only on the gamepad

video on both screens

video on the TV and browse on the pad

browser has curtains!

for such awesome secrets like...

BANANAIWATA

Motionscrolling! Wooo (?)

Take screenshots from your Wii U games with this fancy button.

That's the end result.

Nintendo TVii also looks useful: 

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnY-wpMbIv0" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnY-wpMbIv0</a>
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2012, 06:53:11 PM »

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 06:55:10 PM by BriGuy92 »
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2012, 07:12:31 PM »
Missed the boat on GameStop pre-orders. I'm set up so they call me when they get extras, but if anyone has alternatives (for guaranteed purchases), I'm listening.

Super excited, but not quite so much for the mad-dash release date that coincides with the holidays. Still, congrats to Nintendo; looks like they've got plenty of sales in the bag.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2012, 07:38:22 AM »
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2013, 02:10:03 AM »
Calling someone on Wii U Chat is a seriously surreal experience. You sit there staring into your own face while listening to insane carnival music and praying the party you're calling notices the subtle flashing of their GamePad's home button light. They probably won't. They're probably not even using a GamePad.

The music plays on.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2013, 01:34:44 PM »
I don't have any family or friends that have a Wii U.  People I've slept with have it though. 

Regardless, I've never seen my Home button light up nor even known that it would have meant I had a Wii U Chat call.  Sorry Lizard Dude.  Are you going to be in the D.C. area in the future.  Maybe we could catch the new Star Wars movie when it comes out. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2013, 01:45:57 AM »
A casualty of the recent update that improves loadtimes is the Nintendo Land loading music. I never get to hear my favorite part anymore!

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2013, 06:33:02 AM »
A casualty of the recent update that improves loadtimes is the Nintendo Land loading music. I never get to hear my favorite part anymore!
Nintendo Land? I don't get my funky 70s Lego City music for as long anymore!

Print