Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Does Movies  (Read 5677 times)

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« on: May 15, 2016, 07:11:02 PM »
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sounds-like-nintendo-is-getting-serious-about-maki/1100-6439819/
Oh.
Oh no.

But actually this news seems pretty rad. Hopefully it turns out to be a good idea. Maybe there will finally, finally be a good video game movie.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 08:04:00 PM »
Ratchet & Clank beat 'em to that particular first, at least in my book.

But I'd hardly say "no" if they can do well with it.  I'm encouraged by their seeming desire to handle as much of it internally as possible.  Part of me thinks they'd skip right over Mario and do a Zelda movie first considering that franchise is more inherently friendly to an adaptation attempt with its emphasis on story and even its genre.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 08:40:09 PM »
Wait, isn't this like the third time in a decade this story has popped up? Not that it wouldn't be cool if they actually pull it off. In the meantime, trailer music choices aside, I'm predicting Assassin's Creed will finally break the bad videogame movie jinx.

In any case, I want to slap whatever Facebook Trending sidebar editor acted like that weird cop-themed Zelda movie was something to get excited about.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 01:50:04 PM »
Please.
Fire Emblem movie.
It needs to happen.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 04:00:08 AM »
If a game has left you wanting to watch what happened in it after you were supposed to experience it yourself, it wasn't a good game
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 01:41:11 PM »
But the whole point of video game movies is to tell a story that wasn't told in the games, preferably involving a dystopian alternate version of New York City inhabited by people descended from dinosaurs.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 03:44:22 PM »
You know it'll be a movie about the Mini-Mario toys. They might even behave similarly to the Minions. It'll be the Next Big Thing.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 07:32:35 PM »
Those would be perfect for mass-marketing.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print