Print

Author Topic: More Media Adaptations for Nintendo IPs?  (Read 11259 times)

« on: July 17, 2016, 12:03:50 PM »
Would you want more book, music, and tv adaptations of Nintendo's properties?

Provided they were done by the best and/or most favorable groups?

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 12:39:20 PM »
In a perfect world, there's a fun TV series about daily life in the world of Splatoon. In the world we live in, there's the Adventures of Super Mario Bros 3.

I don't have much hope for Nintendo cartoons.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 02:09:06 PM »
In a perfect world, there's a fun TV series about daily life in the world of Splatoon. In the world we live in, there's the Adventures of Super Mario Bros 3.

I don't have much hope for Nintendo cartoons.
Eh. Not the worst adaptation of a video game I've seen. Of the Mario Trilogy, I find Super Mario World to be the worst.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 02:17:09 PM »
No. Video games are already better than movies and TV shows.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 03:49:11 PM »
No. Video games are already better than movies and TV shows.
In terms of what?

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 01:09:31 AM »
They're interactive! You can't interact with the characters in the TV show without finding the actors. That would be creepy.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 01:45:27 AM »
When I'm watching a really good movie, I find myself thinking "wow! I wish I could be at this place/could be doing these things/could be that person!"

When I'm playing a really good game I pretty much am never thinking "gee I wish someone else would do all this so i could watch instead"

There's things each medium can do better than the other, they're two very different beasts. I say video games are better because they have way more potential and are inherently more immersive, but besides that, Nintendo doesn't have any stories worth telling in film, or at least any that would be better watched than played. Nintendo understands that in a game, the game part comes first. They understand everything else should exist to serve the gameplay. They make the game, and give it a story only because the story serves the game. I don't think I've ever played a Nintendo game where the gameplay was deliberately made worse in order to accomodate the story.

I haven't played Metroid: Other M.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 09:51:17 AM »
When I'm watching a really good movie, I find myself thinking "wow! I wish I could be at this place/could be doing these things/could be that person!"

When I'm playing a really good game I pretty much am never thinking "gee I wish someone else would do all this so i could watch instead"

There's things each medium can do better than the other, they're two very different beasts. I say video games are better because they have way more potential and are inherently more immersive, but besides that, Nintendo doesn't have any stories worth telling in film, or at least any that would be better watched than played. Nintendo understands that in a game, the game part comes first. They understand everything else should exist to serve the gameplay. They make the game, and give it a story only because the story serves the game. I don't think I've ever played a Nintendo game where the gameplay was deliberately made worse in order to accomodate the story.

I haven't played Metroid: Other M.
Eh. Some people prefer the content within the game itself. The gameplay is secondary to them.

I guess I just want another Super Mario Adventures. I mean, considering what Archie Comics have done for Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 02:12:07 PM »
Those people shouldn't play games and are holding the medium back.
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 04:43:56 PM »
Those people picked the wrong form of entertainment to be a fan of.

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 06:39:59 PM »
Have they? I mean, sure, any can play a specific game, but how many are will to play a game that has an unfavorable world or player avatar?

I mean, what made arcades, and later, the NES Popular in the first place? What about "PAC-MAN Fever?"

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 09:37:15 PM »
All in all I'd rather play games than watch a show or movie, but how many games are as funny as a really good comedy flick?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2016, 09:49:40 PM »
All in all I'd rather play games than watch a show or movie, but how many games are as funny as a really good comedy flick?
Play games about what, exactly?

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2016, 09:52:11 PM »
N-not about pretty pink princesses having tea parties, th-that's for sure!
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 09:57:33 PM »
Duck Game is pretty funny, but I don't think that would translate to a movie version.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 03:33:35 AM »
You'd be right to think comedy is something games haven't really gotten their hooks into yet. But some really great examples do exist. Fighting in God Hand is hilarious, between the outrageous enemies and the moves you use on them. Especially the big payoff super moves--a few of them are all about the brutality, but most of them are satisfyingly funny. Dead Rising 1 and 2 are about using everyday items as improvised weapons on crowds of braindead people, and that on its own is comic gold. Banjo-Kazooie, quality dry humor throughout.
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 05:03:53 PM »
If the world operated according to 4 Game Freak's logic, Tetris would never be ubiquitous.

Print