Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch  (Read 41765 times)

« on: October 19, 2016, 06:57:50 PM »
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 08:39:48 AM by bobbysq1337 »

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 07:08:44 PM »
10:00 AM Eastern
10:00 AM EASTERN
WHAT'S SCHOOL
WHAT'S ADVERTISING TO YOUR MAIN DEMOGRAPHIC
i swear the NX better have the PS4 version of FFVII or I quit forever
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 10:56:13 PM »
Exactly when I start work. Of course.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 08:14:05 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI</a>

Can a mod rename this thread to "Nintendo Switch" since we have a name now?

Also, the screen controller thing looks a lot like the Wii U, but better executed. Hoping for a 720p screen at the very least.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 08:25:44 AM »
At long last! Loving the detachable controllers and overall design -- less clunky than the WiiU gamepad, from what I can tell. And is that a new non-3D World 3D Mario I see? In any case, here's hoping the launch library beyond BotW can do that setup justice.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 08:41:14 AM »
They also appeared to show a new Mario Kart, with Double Dash item slots. The inclusion of Skyrim and NBA 2K also made me confident in the 3rd party lineup.

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 09:07:06 AM »

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 09:41:23 AM »
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 10:25:08 PM by bobbysq1337 »

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 10:23:57 AM »
"and see if you crouch right at this spot it looks like the coin is going up mario's butt"

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 10:27:48 AM »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 12:33:48 PM »
Much like the Wii Motion Plus made the Wii Remote able to do what most people thought it was always supposed to do, the Switch is what people think the Wii U is once they stop thinking it's a Wii peripheral.

I feel like this image conveys what the Switch is really well -- you can play this big full console game on your TV, and also turn it into a tablet and play it anywhere. Maybe people will get confused and think they snap onto a tablet you already have?

It's really good that it's not a Wii or a DS. Those sold really well last decade, but their naming schemes have gotten way too convoluted for the average consumer (New Nintendo 3DS XL in New Galaxy Purple, or the New Nintendo 3DS (they never came up with a name for the smaller one) or the 2DS which is mostly the same thing, but the Wii U is a completely different thing than the Wii but it uses Wii controllers (I'm betting the Switch will still have Wiimote compatibility because why not if they've got Bluetooth anyway, but they're not going to advertise it)). Also, having a one-syllable console name (and one that's a common word) means you're going to hear "Nintendo Switch" more than you hear "Sony Playstation 4 Pro Slim" or "Microsoft Xbox One S" or "Nintendo Gamecube." With other consoles, using the full formal name makes you sound like a PR guy, but "Nintendo Switch" feels pretty natural to say. That's good for brand recognition.

Also I love that they're called "joy-cons."
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 12:49:48 PM »
I'm on my phone and I probably should have previewed my post to check how big that picture was, but eh, this thread could use a super hi-res picture.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 01:42:04 PM »
honestly i may dislike skyrim but at least it might mean that we get 3rd-party games that I'm actually interested in (AKA RPGs)
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 01:45:32 PM »
Telltale Games WOO... and the other stuff too. Really curious to get more information over the next few months.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 03:03:31 PM »
CE7, I want you to imagine my emoji (facial expression) after spending minutes carefully sizing my three posted images and then coming back to your post.

People, Skyrim doesn't mean jack. The Wii U also had ports of ancient third-party games for the first six months! What DOES mean jack is the first year or two of sales. Not publisher deals made a year in advance of release.

Print