Print

Author Topic: Which Video Game Company?  (Read 9174 times)

« on: November 04, 2016, 08:12:11 AM »
If you had the chance to work for your favourite video game company, which one it would be? First off, I would likely start my own studio if it came to that. However, it would be so awesome to do a new ZOE game for Konami with that studio. As for the game itself, it would take place in a space colony like the first ZOE game but this time there would be multiple ones you go through and with features from ZOE 2 implemented as well. My second choice would be Activision. What about you guys?

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 07:43:20 PM »
Which you would work for and you say Konami.
A new ZOE would be cool if it wasn't just pull the lever.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 03:34:34 PM »
Well the obvious answer here is Nintendo

but there are other good companies too. TOSE, Square Enix, GungHo, Hal..  I'd be happy working for any of them.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 12:50:36 AM »
Not too long ago I would have said Next Level Games, because from Punch-Out!! and Luigi's Mansion 2 it seemed like they were living the dream: making Nintendo games with creative freedom, some helpful guidance but not stifling control coming from up above... but then, they made Federation Force. Everything about it clashes with what I thought about NLG. The idea came down from Metroid Prime's producer? Who thought that a good idea for a game would be to expand on the fiction by showing it from the perspective of space marines? It's their most recent project, but does not appear in their list of works on their website? Hmmmmmmmmmm......

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming NLG for anything here. I didn't play MPFF and it doesn't really look like a game I'd get into. Maybe it's fine but maybe so is Sonic and Final Fantasy and other trash I don't like. Even if it were a bottle of satan's pee I don't think it's their fault that it exists. I don't think it's something they're proud of. I think it was an order handed down from Nintendo that they followed to make some money. That's fine. There is nothing wrong with participating in a job that's way beneath you to afford to stay in business for the good ones. But it's a wake-up call that you can't deify a business or imagine it's a dream job.

Realistically it's way early for me to be thinking about where making games might take me. I've only finished one, and it IS something, but hardly. I'm back onto working on my second one regularly. Just get a little bit done every day, work on whatever code is the current agenda for an hour a day, it's like anything else and the progress will stack up, that's what I'm doing. When I've done all I can do, I'll need a soundtrack (don't offer please, I have... not "plans" but "fantasies" and I'll deal with that as it comes). After it has one of those, I'll see if it meets Steam's monumental quality control standards, and publish it myself.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 12:59:12 AM by BP »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 06:13:23 PM »
I've always thought the culture at Naughty Dog would be really neat to be a part of, but their process seems to emphasize artwork and graphical development, which are the two facets of game development I find least interesting in practice.  More or less ditto for Insomniac, which is essentially just the opposite side of the same coin.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 07:04:42 PM »
Honestly though I can't really think of any company I'd love to be a part of.
Nintendo would probably be the best one for me, but I really hate some of the policies they've been doing for a while, especially in regards to localization. Square-Enix is one I'd consider because I love JRPGs, especially Final Fantasies IV-X and Chrono Trigger, but the during this decade the only new game they've released that I've been majorly interested in is I Am Setsuna (though the Bravely series is pretty decent too). Bethesda I'd really only consider because there are so many things I hate about that company that I want to get it back in good condition. Really the main two I can think of are WayForward because I can't really think of a bad game from them that I've played (even though I'm not the biggest fan of platformers), and whatever the remnants of Black-Isle Studio is today.
They made Wastelander 2.
I love Wastelander 2. And Fallout 1 and 2. And New Vegas is pretty alright considering I'm not a huge fan of the Bethesda ones.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

Print