Print

Author Topic: 3DS Shuts Off in Sleep Mode  (Read 17038 times)

« on: October 13, 2014, 11:23:38 AM »
So, I've got a first generation 3DS system. Sometimes when I close it and put it in sleep mode, it will shut itself off at that time instead of going into sleep mode, and I have to hit the power button to turn it back on. Not always a big deal, but sometimes I'm at work and carry it around with me for streetpasses (hence, not always being able to check and see if it's in sleep mode or shut itself off).

Does anybody else have this problem, or what did you do to fix it?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 07:26:57 PM »
My 3DS has frozen a couple times after resuming from sleep mode, but never shut off completely.

Called The Big N about it?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 08:51:21 AM »
Not yet, but I did find the problem. If I put too much pressure on the left side of the system while it is closed, it shuts itself off. My 3DS and my cell phone share a pocket when I am out at work or running errands, and sometimes my cell phone will unfortunately sit in exactly the wrong spot on the 3DS..

I originally switched the pockets they were in because I am a cashier, and the device we use to deactivate electronics was on the same side I kept my cell phone and 3DS in. So switched the pockets they sat in (from front left to front right, since I don't want to accidentally erase my cell phone or 3DS).

I did find they can sit beside each other in my pocket with little/no trouble.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 09:34:26 PM »
I've been having the same exact problem! If my 3DS gets knocked around a tiny bit or sometimes just while closing the hinge it will shut off. I plan on getting a New 3DS when those release because of this and the scratches on my top screen.

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 12:31:14 PM »
Huh. Well that's pretty weird. After all of the searching I've done, we're the only two I know of with such a unique problem.

I'll probably eventually get a 3DS SP. When it's the same price as a used Old 3DS in today's market.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 11:03:05 PM »
I'm kind of frustrated now, my 3ds got bumped pretty lightly in my pocket, and it shut off and the time reset to sometime in 2018 (weird), and after i set the time back, all my flowers in Animal Crossing were gone.

oh well

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 11:20:20 AM »
Mine thankfully hasn't shut itself off in a bit. My phone is still in the same pocket, but I try to have them sit beside each other instead of on top of each other.

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 02:23:43 PM »
I became industrious today and decided to attempt some diy repairs. I found that the screwdriver from a glasses repair kit will take out the screws holding on the back panel of the system. Doing this, taking out the battery and putting it back in seems to have fixed the problem, even if it was temporary. It did reset the date back to 1-1-2011, but all my other data was fine (I did unplug the 3DS from the charger and remove the game card/sd card before, and shut the system down completely before any repair attempts were made).

The particular glasses repair kit I got the screwdriver from can be found at Walmart. Item number 0 24021 00135 8, usually found in the pharmacy area (that's where I found mine, anyway).

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 05:26:29 PM »
Next time my Nintendo system messes up, I'll know who to call.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 07:27:05 PM »
I'd already tried fiddling with the battery/taking it out then putting it back. It did absolutely nothing and for a little while now it shuts down every single time I start to close the thing. Just gonna deal with it and maybe get a New 3DS sometime.

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 12:53:08 AM »
Next time my Nintendo system messes up, I'll know who to call.

GHOST-BUST- oh, I guess you meant me.

Aw. I'm sorry that didn't work as well for you as it did for me, Ninjap00.

Print