Print

Author Topic: Blow your snot on Mario's face  (Read 5896 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: May 24, 2007, 11:40:11 AM »

Handkerchiefs may not be the hot topic here, but in Japan school kids are required to have hankies at all time, for sanitation reasons I'd assume. The above hanky is one that blogger Brian Ashcraft from kotaku.com lets his kid use. Apparently, the Mario patch was sown on to spice up the rather plain handkerchief. The only patches I've seen in the States, recently, have been the boring old "know your roots", mushrooms, and 1up logos, but no mario faces. Seems Japan has the upper hand when it comes to patches!

Link: kotaku.com
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 02:28:54 PM »
Best. Title. Ever.
every

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 04:38:57 PM »
Ah, this reminds me of when I was about 7. My grandmother would sew Mario pictures on my shirts and pajamas. They had this odd, yet cute charm to them.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Super-Jesse

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 04:54:02 PM »
Ah, this reminds me of when I was about 7. My grandmother would sew Mario pictures on my shirts and pajamas. They had this odd, yet cute charm to them.

if you got any, upload them to a img site and I'll blog'em :-)
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 06:12:33 PM »
Wow, SJ, you really seem to blog everything you come accross with, don't you?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 06:49:37 PM »
My grandmother would sew Mario pictures on my shirts and pajamas
My dad has a "I Saved the Princess" patch from back when they used to give out that awesome stuff (He really did save her--though I don't know if that's how he got it. Even I haven't done that!)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 08:35:57 PM »
I always found handkerchiefs kind of gross. Who wants to carry around boogers in their pockets?

Super-Jesse

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 09:01:02 PM »
Wow, SJ, you really seem to blog everything you come accross with, don't you?

Hey, if it's Mario related and interesting, I have no problem sharing it with everyone who loves the Mario series!

Print