Print

Author Topic: E3 2006: Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 67209 times)

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 10:50:33 PM »
No joke, I nearly had to change my underwear when I saw this. Characters look great (although I think Link looks a LITTLE too detailed for the environment, they should have developed a central art style for all to match at least a little), death moves look totally sweet, and Zero Suit Samus is the coolest idea since SSB itself.

I'm on board with the hope of Uematsu doing the full track as well. His work rocks hard, and I'd love to hear his takes on Nintendo music.

I REALLY hope this comes out shortly after launch. Or at launch, for that matter.

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 11:02:57 PM »
This game is rather different from what I expected.

It has Wario! Finally! And Meta-Knight!

And it has third-party characters in it, which might even include Sonic!

I personally feel like they would have done better not to include a character from a game series like Metal Gear Solid (at least one of those games was rated M), but I suppose it doesn't matter, since it's just a character. I wonder what this game will end up being rated, though...?

That music is great. It's interesting that they're going to put such beautiful, uplifting music in a video game.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 11:32:34 PM »
I personally feel like they would have done better not to include a character from a game series like Metal Gear Solid (at least one of those games was rated M), but I suppose it doesn't matter, since it's just a character. I wonder what this game will end up being rated, though...?
I think it was a very smart move on Nintendo's part to include Snake in SSBB, due to the fact they are constantley referred to as "the kiddy company" (and the name Wii isn't going to help), but putting a character from an M rated game in one of their major titles could help shed that image. Oh and I doubt it'll be rated anything over T.

One another note I'm extremely giddy to see Wario, Pit and Meta Knight being used as characters and can only hope that Diddy makes it in to.

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 11:49:26 PM »
I think it was a very smart move on Nintendo's part to include Snake in SSBB, due to the fact they are constantley referred to as "the kiddy company" (and the name Wii isn't going to help), but putting a character from an M rated game in one of their major titles could help shed that image. Oh and I doubt it'll be rated anything over T.

I still don't think it was a good move. Maybe an effective way to boost sales, but still not good. As far as standards go, it would have been best if they would have used characters from at least relatively innocent games. And I don't think the idiots who say "Nintendo is a kiddy company" really deserve consideration of any sort, to be honest about it.

But like I said, it likely doesn't matter that this character is in here, since he's only a character, and his mere presence doesn't add "M-ratedness" to the game.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 11:58:26 PM »
I still don't think it was a good move. Maybe an effective way to boost sales, but still not good. As far as standards go, it would have been best if they would have used characters from at least relatively innocent games. And I don't think the idiots who say "Nintendo is a kiddy company" really deserve consideration of any sort, to be honest about it.

Ah, I get what you're saying. I can't agree more that Snake probably doesn't belong anywhere near this game and idiots who dub Nintendo the kiddy-widdy company don't deserve to see him in it, but I will admit I do think it is kind of cool that he's in it and I'll more then likely love playing as him.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 12:57:18 AM »
Interview - Miyamoto and Sakurai on Nintendo Wii
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=64601

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 06:22:28 AM »
I cried of joy... Unbelievable...
Let me just say: "SUUUPER... SMAAAAAASH BROTHERS... BRAAAAAAWWWWWLLL!"

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 06:25:09 AM »
*drool*  I had a feeling they'd add Metaknight, Pit, and Wario.  Snake's addition was very unexpected, but that's cool.  I wonder if Sega is gonna beg Sakurai to add Sonic and Tails...
Regards, Uncle Dolan

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 10:34:02 AM »
Smash Bros. Dojo is a website run by the director of Super Smash Bros., Masahiro Sakurai.  As was done with SSBM, the site will continually update with new media for the game.  This time, however, the site is also in English.  Already there is some very interesting stuff, including the fact that the main theme was composed by Nobuo Uematsu and the game's music will be performed by a full orchestra!  The movie and a four page story on how the game came to be is also up there.

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2006, 10:42:42 AM »
I bet there are more characters to announce, and this game is not yet ready to be played either. Meaning there is still a chance SEGA might approve adding Sonic into the mix. After all, when one company does something, like Konami had done, many other may attempt to imitate as well, especially with a franchise like Super Smash Bros.!

I seen the primary movie... and I think I cried...
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2006, 01:18:06 PM »
Apparently, Nintendo is open for character suggestions:

http://www.smashbros.com/jp/toukou/index.html

Only I can't read Japanese...
"Noooo! My life's treasure! I would rather die than give up my life size Peach poster!"
-Some Koopa in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2006, 01:37:59 PM »
I also do not like the fact they put Snake in the game but then again hes only a character and the graphics are awesome I cant wait
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2006, 02:04:30 PM »
I just hope that they put in the rest of the characters from Melee. Otherwise, THIS GAME IS SOOOOO COOOL!!!!! Samus with no suit? Snake? Icarus!!! Woot!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2006, 03:52:14 PM »
When I first heard the news, the song 'Hallelulijah' literally popped into my head. Then I saw the trailer and thought, There IS a God. This is gonna be awesome....

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2006, 10:21:19 PM »
To me, suitless Samus seems to slightly cheapen the mystique of suitless Samus, but I guess Zero Mission already did that (it was worth it).

Print