Print

Author Topic: Luigi spotted in Super Mario Galaxy  (Read 16577 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: October 10, 2007, 03:07:36 PM »

It's been sometime since Mario AND Luigi attempted to save the Princess and the Mushroom Kingdom together, hasn't it? Wouldn't it be grand if Luigi was at least somehow involved in Mario's latest adventure, Super Mario Galaxy? Well, thanks to some detective work (aka looking closely at screenshots) it seems he might be.

A reader from blog "Go Nintendo" was able to spot Luigi in the background of this photo (blown to epic proportions above). It looks as if Luigi is trapped in a cage of some sort, with Boo Suit Mario needing to free him. Now, I personally believe once Mario finds Luigi, it turns out nothing but a ruse to trap poor little Mario.

Cameo, secret playable character, or just some Boos playing a trick on Mario? You decide!

Link: Go Nintendo
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 03:26:48 PM »
ㅤ ㅤ
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:03:31 PM by Mr.Toadsworth »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 03:29:26 PM »
It's a trap, I'm sure.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 03:32:52 PM »
It is pretty close to Luigi (If it isn't.), but I'm with Max. It's probably going to be some kind of distraction trap for players.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 03:49:36 PM »
L is real 2007.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 05:07:17 PM »
This reminds me of that one scene in Disturbia...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 05:16:53 PM »
It's a trap, I'm sure.
Maybe...
But I think more games need to be like Kirby Canvas Curse when it comes to playable characters. The unlockable characters are not part of the plot. The one main character is the only one who is important the first time you play, but for the sake of replay value or just "why not?" purposes, add some unlockables afterward.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 08:48:41 PM »
Why can't I think of anything witty to say? You'd think I'd be all over this.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 08:57:15 PM »
Hopefully he's playable in some form. When I hear co-op play, I think Mario and Luigi, not Mario and Invisible Pointer controlled by Player 2.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 10:02:43 PM »
Weegie?  It that really you?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 10:27:14 PM »
Actually that is an Oddish, not Luigi.

[Note to self: Don't image search Oddish with safe-search off.]

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 11:06:52 PM »
Actually that is an Oddish, not Luigi.

[Note to self: Don't image search Oddish with safe-search off.]

What'dya mean don't image search with saf- OMG WHAT THE DUKAR IS THAT?!
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 04:17:02 PM »
Wait, I never thought to actually look at the original screenshot...

...Okay, I REALLY doubt that's Luigi. Seriously, we're bording on "Paul is Dead" conspiracy levels here.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 06:01:49 PM »
Actually that is more likely to be Luigi. Wanna know why? Gamevideos.com or whatever their name is released a video of them playin Galaxy. But at the end, they talked to a toad from peach's castle who mentioned being with Luigi, but not only that, but with a pic of himself next to his name. LUIGI LIVES!!
If you wanna see it like I did search on youtube. Put "Super Mario galaxy" and hit "date added" and look for videos about the queen bee. One that I found was "pleasuring the bee". Don't worry, you aren't the only one disturbed by that name.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 06:05:20 PM by Wiiario »
I really don't care much for logic.

dżamper

• You forgot Poland!
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 06:51:39 AM »
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26679.html - w00t, that's not trick... L is Real 2007 xd
Yoshi's broken English!     Lesson 1: All your base are belong to us!     Lesson 2: Please would paper chuck in wastebin Thank you!

Print