Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart Wii discussion  (Read 18837 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: October 25, 2007, 05:25:04 PM »
I can't believe there wasn't a topic for this already.
So.. what modes or playable characters are you hoping to see? What's up with those motorcycles?

I'm hoping it'll be everything MK:DS was and more. More flexible WFC play (that will actually work for me and my connection) would be great. Well I'm basically hoping it will be the Brawl for Mario Kart--everything we've seen before improved, and good new elements. I may be alone in kind of liking the two-man kart Double Dash idea, and thinking it'd be an okay to have, just because, mode... you know?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Sqrt2

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 06:29:12 AM »
I just hope the winged blue shell isn't in it. Bring back the MK64 version!

The problem I see with those motorcycles is that, it makes peach look too mush like her Strikers model, which isn't a good thing!
AA fanboy and proud!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 10:02:04 AM »
I thought it made her look like this.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 02:18:48 PM »
better watch out.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 02:25:50 PM »
Um, what's wrong with Peach's Strikers design?
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 02:40:03 PM »
I just hope the winged blue shell isn't in it. Bring back the MK64 version!
Forget the blue shell altogether.  It broke Mario Kart.

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 04:03:42 PM »
If snaking is in the game, then I'd like to see people go crazy with the Wii Wheel.

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 04:23:17 PM »
Not really a Wii Mario Kart question, but a general Mario Kart inquiry.  Is there a real use for the "hop" before the slide?  A lot of people seemed disappointed that it wasn't in DD, and then took note when it was in Mario Kart DS.  Can you like, hop over banana peels, or something really useful?

Also, I liked the MK 64's feature about being able to cancel out some of the banana peels, and would like to see it put back into the Wii game.  I thought that was a nice feature, especially how it didn't work for all of them.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 04:34:54 PM »
I hope that the developers'll make it so you can't snake. It really killed MK:DS for me. When I played with my friends, it wasn't based on skill, or experience, it was based on whoever was the CHEAPEST.
"it's always the present"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 04:58:45 PM »
HolyAarom: One of the things I tried to imply saying "I hope it's the Brawl for Mario Kart" was, perhaps the four control setups would work for those "turned off" by the wheel. If the control is really fine-tuned with the wheel, I'll enjoy it.

CoconutMikeNIke: Well, not really, but hopping is useful for other things, too. Except in DD you couldn't jump from one part of the track to another unless the shortcut was intentional... And I loved the little "Boing!" that appeared in Mario Kart 64.

Shyguy92: Learn to snake. Snaking isn't cheap in the least. It requires the skill to consistently power slide without losing balance. You apparently need to be experienced to do it, because whiners who don't know how to do it could learn.

About blue shells: We need an item switch.
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 05:16:26 PM »
Jumping affects your handling and stuff besides just coming before the slide. Yes, it really does do things.
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 07:37:41 PM »
I will not buy the game if I'm forced to use that awful WiiWheel control. I am absolutely terrible at arcade racing games and yet I'm really good at Mario Kart. I want classic controls included somehow.

I'd also like to see the dual karts return as maybe an unlockable or something. I'm probably in the minority in saying that I preferred Double Dash over Mario Kart DS just because it tried to do something different and in turn became a lot more fun to play with other people.

I couldn't care less about WiFi though. It's a lot funner to see your opponents and trash them in their face. That and I still don't have WiFi.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 08:14:32 PM »
I wouldn't say I preferred Double Dash over any other Mario Kart other than Super Circuit. You went way too slowly, a few tracks stood out as brilliant (Wario Colosseum, Mushroom City) and others as boring (Peach Beach, Dino Dino Jungle)... but the double-person kart concept was neat. My friends love it when I let them throw my items in co-op mode.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 08:53:50 PM »
In MK64, I hop over certain corners a lot to cut them really tight.

I do this particularly a lot in Sherbet Land and Banshee Boardwalk, not that I sit around playing MK64 anymore.

P.S. You can hop over the yellow bombs that appear in Vs. races in MK64 (anyone notice no other game has this?).

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 08:59:53 PM »
I liked those yellow bombs. More than that, I liked becoming... er, my friends becoming bombs in 3<player battle mode when they died.
It's YOUR problem!

Print