Print

Author Topic: Anyone else play Team Fortress?  (Read 41736 times)

« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2010, 01:06:33 PM »
Arena sucks for people who get killed easily.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2010, 04:37:00 PM »
i.e., me.
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2010, 08:45:33 AM »
With Friends Like These TMK Extravaganza!

Post any and all responses to this on the event page, please!

TEM

« Reply #138 on: June 27, 2010, 08:54:48 AM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2010, 10:56:34 AM »
Seen it.
every

« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2010, 01:15:15 PM »
Hah, that's awesome.

Even more awesome if you press the soccer ball button at 1:00.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2010, 04:14:35 PM »
It took me days to figure out that's supposed to be that South African soccer horn thing.
every

« Reply #142 on: June 28, 2010, 06:32:01 PM »
I can't wait for the second one.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2010, 01:32:38 PM »
GOLDEN WRENCHES MOTHA****AZ

GET EM WHILE THEY'RE STILL HOT
every

« Reply #144 on: July 05, 2010, 02:09:44 PM »
And for Glorb
My favorite part is the dude who types "HACKER" after like a minute.

The dude talking is also a good glimpse of the post-emotion internetfutureman. "this-is-awesome." "this-is-so-epic."

« Reply #145 on: July 05, 2010, 02:56:18 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2010, 03:21:06 PM »
Yeah, saw it already. Also, seizure warning for epileptic folks.
every

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #147 on: July 07, 2010, 09:51:22 AM »
Wut
every

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #148 on: July 09, 2010, 10:22:14 AM »
What I like about the new update:

New Engie weapons are cool and unique, if a little on the overpowering side. From what I've seen, an Engie with the new shotgun and the Wrangler who knows what he's doing can utterly rape an opposing team with only a little backup, compared to a vanilla Engie. Of course, there's ways around this obstacle but Valve seemed to go a little overboard with Offense-izing the Engie; he can hold his own against an class with the Wrangler (Scouts are harder to hit, from what I've seen, but now Snipers are easily neutralized and that's a big advantage).

The mini-sentry is adorable, but I play defensive Engie mostly so I'm not going to have a whole lot of use for the Gunslinger. I might just go all guerilla with it though, because it's such a cool-looking weapon. I only have three beefs with it: It's impossible to pull off the three-punch crit combo (not that you'll ever really use it), I wish you could quickly deploy minisentries with M2 instead of the build menu to better suit its fast-paced ambush purposes, and minisentries are really only good for general harassment instead of any real damage. This means that combining it with the Frontier Justice is less of a no-brainer than you'd think; you're unlikely to get any real kills with the little guy.

I love love lurve Payload, and especially Payload Race, so the new maps are a very strong point for me. Thunder Mountain is a ginormous, long, over-the-top theme park ride of a map for both teams, although prepare for a total [dukar]storm if you're playing Blue Team; you will not win, at all, against the onslaught of Engineers you're sure to face in time to make it through all the twists and turns. Also, the NPCs are kind of a weird addition ("Why doesn't the Sniper shoot anyone instead of standing there looking majestic" did indeed cross my mind).

What I don't like about the new update:

The Gunslinger taunt is, I'm sorry to say, really dumb and dorky. Engineer looks like a tool using it (no pun intended), and it doesn't look good on the killcam. Besides, two killtaunts? What the duck, Jerry?

If I were Valve I would fire whoever the hell decided to make the Gunboats even more useless (now I'm going to not use them even more!). Same with the Sandvich; it was the only item in the game that was truly perfected balanced without being a straight stats-tradeoff, and now Valve had to go and add a 30 second delay. I could settle for maybe a 10 second delay, but 30 seconds?

Where the hell is the new Meet the Team? Part of me has hope that we'll see it in an uncoming Day 4, but most of me thinks Valve is simply switching to easier-to-produce-but-not-nearly-as-cool web browser comics from now on.
every

TEM

« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2010, 09:19:42 AM »
By far my favorite part of the update is the Engie's new ability to move already built stuff.

And now a Super Cool Story:

Just played a game on the new Payload race map, it was awesome. For the first few minutes it was Engie Fortress 2, nothing new, got some achievements with the other 5 Engineers on the incline before the final victory elevator. I then realized that our team's cart was ON the final victory elevator, so I said, "We should all just go Heavy/Medic and cap that." One guy sarcastically said, "No that would make too much sense." I then said, "I'm going medic," followed by "HELP ME BROTHERS." Everyone was like YES and we had a small army of Heavy/Medic, with a few soldiers helping out too. The Spies, Snipers, and Sentries held us at bay for a minute, but me and a Heavy finally got to the bomb. We rose about halfway up before the Heavy beefed it, I wasn't receiving much fire, ducking on the side of the bomb opposite of their respawn.

Out of nowhere an ubered Engineer and Medic dropped down on the bomb! The Engineer apparently didn't know what was going on and I pushed him off the edge, the Medic stood on the bomb with his uber dying and I hit him with the Ubersaw, critting him off of the rising platform. I watched as my team marched up towards the rising bomb, covering me with fire, painting me with a zone of bullet-strewn safety. They were cheering me on, a lone, hurt, Medic on the cap, and I shed a single man-tear.

Suddenly, an explosion rocked me and sent my lifeless body to the sky. It was the bomb; it had detonated and I was given a victory suicide. My corpse flew towards the sun, forever encased in glory.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 11:01:07 AM by TEM »

Print