Poll

Who will you vote for or do you think will win?

Obama
8 (61.5%)
Romney
1 (7.7%)
Obama wins the popular, but loses the electoral
1 (7.7%)
Romney wins the popular, but loses the electoral
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: November 06, 2012, 09:25:56 AM

Print

Author Topic: Day Zero  (Read 47747 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 05:15:32 PM »
I'm voting for Obama, but my wife had planned to vote for Romney, but based on all the harassing phone calls we've been getting from the RNC she may switch sides or simply not vote.  We are referring to these calls as harassing based on the number and time of the calls.  On average we've been getting two to five calls per day from the RNC or someone calling on their behave with about one call every two days being after bedtime.   

I hadn't realized how much this was compared to the rest of the US until CNN said that the election depended on Northern Virginia.  What a slap in the face that must be to the rest of the rest of the voters that are not in swing states. 

When we lived in Mississippi our votes didn't really count because the state was always red.  When we lived in California it didn't matter on the national level because the state was blue.  Now it matters so much that we are harassed about it.  I feel sorry for the democrats in Mississippi, the republicans in California, and everyone else's vote that seemingly or realistically does not matter.  I don't think this is what the founding fathers had in mind. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 05:30:29 PM »
I feel sorry for the democrats in Mississippi, the republicans in California, and everyone else's vote that seemingly or realistically does not matter. 

I know that feel. I'm a democrat in Texas where Romney is assured a win. I voted anyway. :/
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 06:13:31 PM »
on their behave

Anyway, I'm grateful that the Canadian election system is slightly less confusing.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 06:24:35 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0vE5CTTSFI" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0vE5CTTSFI</a>
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 11:15:39 PM »
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 07:39:03 AM »
Might wanna change the topic title, man.

Anyways, I find it kinda funny how I live in a red state, but all the adults I know are either voting for Obama or aren't voting.
Relics.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 02:47:22 PM »
I voted a week ago by mail-in ballot, for Obama.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 03:02:27 PM »
I voted for Jill Stein.  My brother voted for Romney specifically because he doesn't want Obama to win. X/
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 03:48:02 PM »
99% of Romney voters are voting solely for that reason.

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 04:49:35 PM »
A lot of conservatives who were calling Romney a RINO during the primaries support him now, which I suspect is for precisely that reason.
Relics.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2012, 05:05:08 PM »
I hate not having instant-runoff or range voting. I voted for Obama and regret not voting for Jill Stein, but if I'd voted for her I'd regret not voting for him.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2012, 10:29:40 PM »
Obama is da winnar

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2012, 10:30:35 PM »
Looks like I predicted it correctly, too.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2012, 08:42:36 AM »
Obama winning is nice, but doesn't surprise me.

Washington and Colorado legalizing marijuana surprises me greatly, however.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2012, 10:15:55 AM »
Called it.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print