Print

Author Topic: Smash Bros. Brawl Delayed Until March 9th in the USA  (Read 23391 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2008, 10:14:51 AM »
Well, I'm sure you've all seen those conspiracy theories about how it actually had to do with legal debates with Square-Enix over you-know-who being in the game. Maybe that's the case, maybe it's not; but, personally, I think it just comes across as a bunch of Geno fanboys in serious denial about Wolf usurping him as the final character. I mean, I like Geno and all, but I can accept that he's not in the game and not have to concoct some elaborate story in my head that borders on Kennedy Assassination and Roswell territory.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2008, 04:12:34 PM »
Well, I'm sure you've all seen those conspiracy theories about how it actually had to do with legal debates with Square-Enix over you-know-who being in the game. Maybe that's the case, maybe it's not; but, personally, I think it just comes across as a bunch of Geno fanboys in serious denial about Wolf usurping him as the final character. I mean, I like Geno and all, but I can accept that he's not in the game and not have to concoct some elaborate story in my head that borders on Kennedy Assassination and Roswell territory.
Personally I think Wolf's a better choice anyway. His taunts are great, gave an excuse to throw in Star Wolf music, and it looks like his appearance was modified from Assault so that he looks decent now. I still think his Star Fox 64 self is better, but he wasn't screwed up as much as Fox.

For the people who still think Geno will appear in Brawl in some form... unless he turns into an Assist Trophy at the last second or becomes an American-exclusive addition, give it up. He's not in.

There was an Assist Trophy list somewhere, but I forgot where it went.
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2008, 08:18:23 PM »
Assault wasn't the game to worry about. Command screwed everyone up something fierce.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2008, 09:22:57 PM »
I never played Assault. From the screenshots, it just seemed to me like they were trying to copy a little of that Halo style. And I actually didn't think StarFox Adventures was that bad (though, I must ask: Who is it that legally requires Rare to implement infinite collecting, idiotic fetch quests, horrible voice samples, and the occasional physically impossible minigame?).

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2008, 09:39:02 PM »
Horrible voice samples? That was about the only game of theirs that even had that. Better yet, the only reason the game has any of the flaws it did was because of Nintendo's decision to force them to revamp the original Dinosaur Planet project into a Star Fox game, ****ing off both Rare fans and Star Fox fans alike.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2008, 09:52:38 PM »
Well, I guess by voice samples I meant voice acting or that irritating gobbledygook they speak in the Banjo-Kazooie games and Grabbed by the Ghoulies (first Xbox game and the title is a frickin' balls joke... nice. Very nice).

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2008, 09:56:53 PM »
I thoroughly enjoyed Star Fox Adventures. And you know, it was Miyamoto's idea to turn it into a Star Fox game (not that that adds any validity to the idea). But I always thought it had excellent voice acting. At least, Fox, Krystal, and Falco had good acting. It would probably have been a cooler game if it were left to be Dinosaur Planet and not rushed to completion, but I still loved it. The music and environments were enough to win me over. I may have beaten it more than any other game. That seems a little weird.
Star Fox Assault was okay, and it had excellent music. The game wasn't quite as fun (especially on foot) but I liked it for advancing the storyline and having great music. The inexplicable Arwing collision system (i.e. no impact whatsoever) was pretty weird though. Thanks, Namco.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2008, 08:32:09 AM »
Well, I guess by voice samples I meant voice acting or that irritating gobbledygook they speak in the Banjo-Kazooie games and Grabbed by the Ghoulies (first Xbox game and the title is a frickin' balls joke... nice. Very nice).

The "irritating gobbledygook" was a part of the game's charm. It broke the mold in terms of character voices. Mind you, Rayman 2 took that prospect a step further, but still....

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2008, 04:43:52 PM »
Come to think of it, Super Smash Bros Brawl was supposed to come out today, but it got pushed to next week. Oh, well, at least we'll see more characters, courses and others.
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2008, 05:44:39 PM »
You mean next month?

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2008, 06:41:42 PM »
hopefully
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2008, 07:07:30 PM »
It's getting delayed again, thanks to TEM and me.

[18:40] <tanooki> is TMK needing any brawl info cause i got the game in english early from my uncle dont ask! and unlocked everything so far
[18:41] <+TEM> buuuuuuuulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll <censored>
[18:41] <+TEM> picture of you with the game disc and a paper with the words "TEM is the man" written on it, and I'll believe you
[18:41] <tanooki> ok dont believe me!
[18:42] <tanooki> i will just have fun and not tell anyone!
[18:44] <tanooki> im pretty lucky to have the game rite now im already bored of it
[18:44] <+TEM> this guy with the large testes is a liar
[18:45] <+TEM> I already asked you for a picture, PIX OR IT DIDN"T HAPPEN.
[18:46] <tanooki> I dont have a freaking webcam!
[18:46] <+TEM> an uncle with the hook ups to get an advanced copy of smash but no one in his family has a digital camera, or the ability to get a picture scanned and saved digitally
[18:47] <+TEM> lies
[18:48] <tanooki> omg you know what maybe if i get a cam tomorow i can show everyone hows that?
[18:48] <%Sunbun|bbl> you get a picture tomorrow, or you're not allowed to talk in here for three days
[18:49] <tanooki> ok deal!
[18:49] <+TEM> we have to be able to read the game's title off the disc
[18:50] <tanooki> ok on one condition im not showing my face!
[18:50] <+TEM> How am I going to kidnap you if I never see your face?
[18:50] <tanooki> XD lol
[18:53] <tanooki> ok well anything you need to ask?
[18:53] <WarpRattler> Yeah. Why don't you have that camera yet?
[18:54] <tanooki> do you know how late it is here?
[18:55] <+BirdPerson> It's almost seven o'clock. Do you know where your children are?
[18:55] <+TEM> Their cages.
[18:56] <tanooki> one more rude comment no one will know and i can get my uncle to get brawl pushed back cause he really does work with them how would you all like that?
[18:56] <WarpRattler> Now everyone knows you're lying. See you in three days.
[18:56] <+BirdPerson> Now, that's really not believable at all.
[18:57] <tanooki> oh yeah you wana know why twili princess was pushed back so much?
[18:57] <+BirdPerson> Improvements.
[18:57] <+BirdPerson> On actual development.
[18:57] <+BirdPerson> And stuff.
[18:57] <+BirdPerson> In Japan.
[18:58] <tanooki> no cause its but holes like you guys who act this way when i offer to give pre release info but know dont be surprised if brawl gets pushed back AGAIN!
[18:58] * tanooki Quit (Quit: Ciao!)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 07:09:12 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2008, 07:55:01 PM »
Lol. Just lol. Some people...
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2008, 12:59:18 PM »
Well, I guess by voice samples I meant voice acting or that irritating gobbledygook they speak in the Banjo-Kazooie games...
As one other person said, it adds to the charm, although I'll admit Banjo's "guh-uh-uh-huh-uh" got annoying fast. Kazooie's voice somehow didn't.
In Star Fox for SNES, part of why I adored Peppy so much was for the cute rhythm to his "voice". Fox was okay, Slippy was tolerable, Falco sounded ugly (but he sure redeemed himself in SF64). And so I was cursing at SF64 once Peppy got the "old" voice.

Horrible voice samples? That was about the only game of theirs that even had that. Better yet, the only reason the game has any of the flaws it did was because of Nintendo's decision to force them to revamp the original Dinosaur Planet project into a Star Fox game, ****ing off both Rare fans and Star Fox fans alike.
Actually, I welcomed the change just because it meant a visual upgrade (and that Krystal looked attractive now, having been changed to a vixen, but that's beside the point). Felt the same way with Eternal Darkness: The move to GameCube was a good thing. Better framerate, better character models, everything's more clear. Seriously, recall that Star Fox Adventures is great for framerate as far as Rare games go.

I thoroughly enjoyed Star Fox Adventures. And you know, it was Miyamoto's idea to turn it into a Star Fox game (not that that adds any validity to the idea). But I always thought it had excellent voice acting. At least, Fox, Krystal, and Falco had good acting. It would probably have been a cooler game if it were left to be Dinosaur Planet and not rushed to completion, but I still loved it. The music and environments were enough to win me over. I may have beaten it more than any other game. That seems a little weird.

Yes, the game had nothing to do with Star Fox, but we got a great Fox McCloud model out of it (voice actor for him is excellent too, sounds just like I expected), wonderful unrelated-to-StarFox music, cool visual effects, Chief Lightfoot, and just knowing this is Dinosaur Planet in some form. Krystal had a great British accent too, pity we didn't hear much of it in English.

One day I returned to SFA, after having recently played Beyond Good & Evil (or was it Prince of Persia), and was in awe at how beautiful SFA still was. Actually, I was more in awe at the silky-smooth framerate and how responsive Fox was to movement. What I usually look at to validate the framerate is the fluidity with which Fox's tail moves. And I still love the little detail of Fox's ear twitching if you stay still for a moment.

I'll admit the game's not perfect, it's very unfair in a few places (I hate pushing the strong Lightfoot into the pit), but it just makes me so darn happy when playing it that I can't resist.

Disadvantage of story advancements to the Star Fox series through Adventures and Assault? We now have Fortuna the former dinosaur planet, Fichina the ice planet that was mistakenly called Fortuna in the American release of SF64, and Dinosaur Planet which was renamed to Sauria. I can't take any more Fortunas.
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2008, 05:42:36 PM »
(I hate pushing the strong Lightfoot into the pit)
Oh, God, I feel your pain.

Print