Print

Author Topic: Mario + Luigi: Superstar Saga - 2 questions  (Read 3467 times)

« on: September 20, 2008, 02:02:54 PM »
1. What is the fastest way to get max Level/Stats?

I have 600,000-ish EXP and between 100 and 200 of each stat, but the going is slow in increasing.

Kimimaru, could you please help with this, since you mentioned having done it before?

2. Can you collect 35 Hoo Beans before the Piranha Bean battle? (which is before the Surfing Game is accessible)

I have looked all over the internet as well as doing some experimenting on my own and found -- THIRTY-FOUR. GRRRRR, I shouldn't wonder if Nintendo put only 34 in there on purpose, or if they put only 35 and I can't find one.

This is the list as I remember it (all are visible unless stated as hidden):

Beanbean Outskirts---
1. Hidden one screen down and to right of east Beanbean Castle Town exit on small platform
2. Atop tree platforms one screen down and left of same exit
3. Same screen, but towards Harhall's Studio

Beanbean Castle Town---
4-6. Hidden in lower right house (?) of west screen
7-8. Inside large house in east screen
9-13. Hidden inside castle past miniature maze near Pipe House

Woohoo Hooniversity---
14. Hidden in room south of Sun Door
15. In room with Sun Door
16. In one of two bonus rooms, clearly visible
17. In the other bonus room, just outside of Barrel Area, again clearly visible
18-21. Hidden in Mini Mario bonus room
22-23. In room preceding Cackletta battle

Oho Oasis---
24. Hidden in main entrance room of Fire Temple

Oho Ocean Seabed (including parts under Gwarhar Lagoon)---
25. In first room with Cheep-Cheep and Starkiss enemies
26. In first bonus room under Gwarhar Lagoon
27. Hidden(?) near second entrance under Gwarhar Lagoon
28-30. All hidden under Gwarhar Lagoon in seemingly empty room

Little Fungitown---
31. Hidden on tall mushroom above Fashion House

Gwarhar Lagoon---
32. (I don't remember seeing this one, but there is a hit block there in my file not marked on online maps) Hidden in screen east of Stone Bridge

Winkle Area---
33. On small, seemingly empty ledge (EDIT: Hidden, otherwise it wouldn't be "seemingly empty")

Okay, must have forgotten where one is, maybe i'd find it back if I played through it.

Sorry for length, I just wanted to post ones I was aware of.

Can anyone help me with either?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 11:14:21 AM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 04:03:13 PM »
When I was getting to level 99, I trained on most of the enemies in Joke's End. They give a lot of experience points, and the battles are usually fast if you have a lot of Attack.

For the max stats, I put on the spike badge on both Mario and Luigi and the Game Boy Horror SP on one of the brothers. I go east of Castle Town to where the Lakipeas are. I stand slightly to the left or right of the Lakipea and let it throw a Sharpea down so that it doesn't fall directly onto me. Then, I jump when the Sharpea charges at me, and I go into a battle and kill all the enemies in one hit with a First Strike. Since I have the Game Boy Horror SP equipped, I always get around 2 Woo Beans each battle. Repeat until you have 99 Woo Beans. For Hee Beans, play the Super Border Jump Minigame in Stardust Fields and choose to play Super Border Jump Sunshine. When playing, make sure that both brothers get hit twice to save time at the end. Repeat until you have 99 Hee Beans. Now, go to the Starbeans Cafe and make 9 Teeheespressos. Repeat until you have 99 Teeheespressos. There are 2 things you can do right now: save and use the Teeheespresso to get the desired stat increase for the desired brother and reset the game when you don't get the desired stat, or just randomly use the Teeheespressos on the brother whose stats you want to be increased.

This takes a very long time, so unless you're devoted to doing it, I don't recommend doing it.

For the 35 Hoo Beans before the Piranha Bean battle:

I don't think that you can get 35 before fighting the Piranha Bean boss, sorry.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 03:07:39 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Print