Print

Author Topic: Super Mario World: Special World Superplay  (Read 4068 times)

« on: September 04, 2009, 09:07:28 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQpX8mEUjro

Basically, I established a condition for each level that made it much harder to complete (In most cases, small and ducking throughout the level).

And yes, I used LunarMagic to string all the levels together, because Windows Movie Maker was being stupid.

My personal favorite to watch is Way Cool (not using a single rope or platform, only one Cape to aid), but dang, that took forever. My fingers are still cramped from holding down G (run) and Y (spinjump) and repeatedly mashing F5 to rerecord.

Skip Mondo if you wish, as the "hold down" condition rendered me unable to leave the water until it receded, and it thusly took upwards of 2 1/2 minutes.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 11:15:10 PM »
Nice! I'd recommend using Z as jump and either A or X as run to make things easier, but whichever controls work best for you are fine. I noticed some things that you could've done to improve your run, though.

Way Cool: Why didn't you just fly through the whole level with the cape? That would've been much faster, plus, you wouldn't have even landed on another platform besides the first one.

Funky: At around 8:51, couldn't you have jumped onto the ? Block and then jumped on the Note Blocks after gaining considerable speed? I'm pretty sure you could've made it.

Regardless, I think this is a great video!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 08:52:30 AM »
Way Cool: Why didn't you just fly through the whole level with the cape? That would've been much faster, plus, you wouldn't have even landed on another platform besides the first one.

That's kind of cheap, perhaps I should have made it "Spin Jump only", but come on, who cares what I do in the middle part if that's the case?  And plus, I'd like to think this is the most impressive level run in the video.

Funky: At around 8:51, couldn't you have jumped onto the ? Block and then jumped on the Note Blocks after gaining considerable speed? I'm pretty sure you could've made it.
Tried that, it didn't seem to work, as a ducking jump, even while holding the dash button, can't quite clear that gap.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 09:28:12 AM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 01:13:39 PM »
When I first read the title, I thought this thread was about someone re-creating the play in that SMW world cartoon episode when Mario plays football with Yoshi. But don't ask me, I don't even watch/play football.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 01:17:39 PM »
Tried that, it didn't seem to work, as a ducking jump, even while holding the dash button, can't quite clear that gap.

Sorry; I tested it right now and you actually can't jump that far or high, but you could've dropped the shell and hit it into the Turn Block on the right and proceeded from there.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 03:45:26 PM »
...you could've dropped the shell and hit it into the Turn Block on the right and proceeded from there.

{EDIT} Actually, that doesn't work while holding Down, I tried it. So still no excuse to rerecord! (Except perhaps that horrible Awesome run)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 01:50:32 PM by jdaster64 »

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 02:27:06 PM »
Oh, duh. Jump on the shell, rather than trying to let go in midair. How ingenious, I guess I can't go holding Down and "Y" the entire level.... :P

Here's Funky alone, and it's 41 seconds faster! (41??? How the heck did I do that badly on the original run?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0R-GqkONko

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 11:54:55 PM »
(Except perhaps that horrible Awesome run)

Heh..

Nice video. I've tried similar things like this, but then got bored about halfway through. Of course the last time I tried was a number of years ago when I thought that such challenges were stupid, but I've grown since then..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print