Print

Author Topic: Unused SMB sprites?  (Read 4217 times)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« on: September 06, 2009, 11:04:22 PM »
I was browsing the Spriters Recourse when I came across this http://www.spriters-resource.com/nes/supermariobros/misc.png

I have seen many of these sprites before but some I haven't seen at all. Gray Mushroom? Blue Flower? STAR OF DAVID?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 11:10:48 PM »
Well, the blue flower could possibly be just a palate it cycles through if you just let it sit on the block you punched it out of. As for the gray mushroom or Star of David, I have no idea..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 11:15:22 PM »
Isn't that a castle-palette mushroom?

As for the Star of David, the media is, of course, owned by The Joos, so that's to be expected.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 12:23:54 PM »
Oddly enough, all the unused, palette-swapped mushrooms only have forward-facing sprites.

It recently occurred to me that Bowser's fire breath sprite is backwards. Just sayin'.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 05:05:14 PM »
I wonder why they left out the altered 1-Up Mushroom found in World 1-2
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Print