Print

Author Topic: Run Killers  (Read 11146 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 04:07:55 PM »
Haha, my first try, I ditched my boat to avoid burning to death and tried to continue on foot. That was not successful.

On a related note, I really love Highway 17.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 03:58:09 AM »
[Dead Rising]
The key to success and enjoyment in Dead Rising is DO NOT RELOAD from restroom saves. If you fail a story mission, the game keeps going. Just do other stuff. When you die, restart and keep your stats. Eventually through this repetition you will be leveled up enough in the game and leveled up enough in RL to pwn. Dead Rising is a Majora's Mask and only through death can you live.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 04:25:28 AM »
I still learn something about the game pretty much every time I play. Even I, who have ALL DA 'CHIEVEMENTZZ, find something new every time I play the game. Screw side quests and 100% completion, Dead Rising has true replay value.
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 09:41:26 AM »
Everything after the battle with Mother Brain in Metroid: Zero Mission.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 08:43:13 PM »
I know this isn't a game, but the new Forum layout has taken down my drive to check the Forum.

(what happened to the spoiler option..? Anyway) It's just because it's a new thing. I'll get used to it eventually.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 11:28:26 AM »
I still can't launch my legit copy of BioShock due to the game having crappy SecuROM DRM and me not having a working DVD-ROM drive.

The idea that I'd have to spend at least $10 (to buy a used copy of the 360 version) to replay a game I already bought kills the urge to replay it before it even comes up.

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2011, 03:05:40 PM »
The saving system in Portal. I'm at the fight against GLaDOS, but I haven't fried Curiosity yet, there is only 2:3X.XX left, and I saved in the middle of the battle. Now I can't do anything about my near-halved time and if I die I'll just start over at that point where I rage quit and decided to look at the commentary.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 05:22:54 PM »
N00b symptoms:

1. Can't beat the boss fight in less than 2:30 minutes, even with it half way over.

2a. Playing on a console version with nerfed save system (is that how it is???) that can't be easily reloaded at an earlier chapter or 2b. Complaining about having to play 15 minutes of the game to get back to the beginning of the boss fight.

3. It's 2011.

4. Somehow knows the name of a personality core, clearly has consulted a strategy guide.

N00b diagnosis: N00b

N00b prescription: Get some butt cream for that butt.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 05:36:39 PM by TEM »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 06:10:30 PM »
2a. console version with nerfed save system (is that how it is???) that can't be easily reloaded at an earlier chapter

In 360 Orange Box you can save whenever you want. It auto-saves too but sometimes it seems like more than one auto save is hangin' around.

You can start a new game from any chapter you've cleared in the Half-Life 2s and likewise Portal is divided up into reasonable parts. Early test chambers are grouped together but I seem to remember the post-test-chamber leg of the game being divided up into multiple parts. At worst, starting a new game from the last unlocked chapter might set you as far back as those rooms with all the steel beams. MAYBE. Pretty sure, though, that it unlocks the last chapter you REACHED, not CLEARED, so you might start from as close to the end as... the introduction of the missile launcher?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2011, 07:01:49 PM »
N00b symptoms:

1. Can't beat the boss fight in less than 2:30 minutes, even with it half way over.

2a. Playing on a console version with nerfed save system (is that how it is???) that can't be easily reloaded at an earlier chapter or 2b. Complaining about having to play 15 minutes of the game to get back to the beginning of the boss fight.

3. It's 2011.

4. Somehow knows the name of a personality core, clearly has consulted a strategy guide.

N00b diagnosis: N00b

N00b prescription: Get some butt cream for that butt.

1. I can get to incenerating the blue one, but not Rage
2a. Actually, I'm playing on PC
2b. I lost.
3. ...
4. I used THE GREAT POWERS OF SPOILERS ON TEH INTERNETS</ominousvoice>

There, I am not a N00b, but a noob

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 08:50:33 PM »
I'm with TEM. You can't beat it in 2:30 when already partially done and reading walkthroughs? You're a to'al n00b, lol. How did you even get to GLaDOS in the first place?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 09:34:32 PM »
I keep dying on that part in the beginning of Half-Life Episode 1 where all that crap is falling on you in the elevator. No, I don't know why I am having such a problem with this.

Also, I made the odd decision to start replaying Darksiders on Apocalyptic, and The Griever made me want to watch Equilibrium on TV instead.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2011, 09:43:20 PM »
I'm with TEM. You can't beat it in 2:30 when already partially done and reading walkthroughs? You're a to'al n00b, lol. How did you even get to GLaDOS in the first place?

I got through the game myself, I could beat it maybe if the incenerator stayed open longer, this is my first playthrough, Wikis.

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2011, 09:56:39 PM »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2012, 11:05:58 PM »
Not quite the same thing as this thread, since it was my first run through rather than replaying it, but Catherine on hard mode was such a tedious, uninteresting, memorization-heavy ordeal (with no real consequences for failure) that I ended up having to restart the game and play on the normal difficulty, which mainly involves sight-reading the maps, to actually enjoy it.

As I mentioned to LD recently, I'd love to replay BrĂ¼tal Legend, but since it's got a large amount of collectibles scattered around the game world, I don't want to start a new game. Fortunately, the solution to this is really just "finish finding those collectibles," but that'll take forever.

Also, since I don't have a working PSP anymore, the idea of playing Persona 3 via either of the PS2 versions kills itself as soon as I realize I'd have to deal with the original combat system (in which you have no control over most of your party, and your party members tend to do really dumb things, like using weak healing items instead of their late-game healing spells) instead of the Persona 4 combat system (in which you can take control over all party members' actions).

Print