Print

Author Topic: Tired of this 2D/3D artsy fartsy crap? Me 2!  (Read 6944 times)

« on: June 02, 2000, 11:32:42 AM »
Paper Mario? Come on. I may be new here but I have some crap to say. It's time for Nintendo to get off there butts and make some more worth while Mario games. Super Mario 64 Was one of my all time favs but it's gone down hill since then. With the creation of Yoshi's story, to all these sports style Mario games. I hope SM64 2 is going to be good, and by the sound of it ( Mario and Luigi growing up) it will be good. But if Nintendo doesn't shape up it's just going to get worse when Miyamoto retires. I hope they get a level headed guy to do the job, like my brother for one (he worked on Monkey Magic, psx. It's pretty fun!). No more "artistic style 2D/3D" in other words loser programmers and artists. But untill then let's hope SM64 2 isn't going to be Yoshi's story 2. Well Doomba made his point.

Doomba, King of the Goombas

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2000, 12:02:19 PM »
You said it. When the n64 first came out, I expected at least one more Mario game like the first. Then Mario Kart 64 came out, I loved it. Then a few years later, all I see is tons of cheesey Mario party and sports games. Banjo Kazooie was going too far. It was like a Mario game...without Mario.
However, I'm actually looking forward to Paper Mario. Not because of the 2/3D stuff but because it's finally a Mario game with a story and some action. We haven't had that since Mario64.

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2000, 12:10:28 PM »
Yeah I guess your right, about the story line and the action. I guess it's the only thing us Mario fans have to look forward to untill the dolphan. Pretty sad isn't it? How could Nintendo diss there own character so bad?

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2000, 02:28:50 PM »
I do agree to certain parts, about the big hit mario games, but don't judge Paper Mario Story until you've played it. I do think, in order to keep their loyal consumers, the next mario game should be Mario64 II, and a hit at that, but the sports games aren't meant to be compared to a full adventure mario game. They are just fillers, and some of them, good ones . But Yoshi's story, not exactly what you call a hit game.

what exactly is normal?
what exactly is normal?

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2000, 05:50:29 PM »
I do agree to certain parts, about the big hit mario games, but don't judge Paper Mario Story until you've played it. I do think, in order to keep their loyal consumers, the next mario game should be Mario64 II, and a hit at that, but the sports games aren't meant to be compared to a full adventure mario game. They are just fillers, and some of them, good ones . But Yoshi's story, not exactly what you call a hit game.

what exactly is normal?
what exactly is normal?

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2000, 08:54:28 AM »
I agree with all of you! The recent Mario games that Nintendo is bringing out are all crappy and pathetic! I mean, Mario Tennis, Waluigi (Luigi's evil brother) COME ON!! It's all about the money that's all. They don't care about the quality of their games! All they care about is if the game earns MOOLAH! The only N64 Mario game that I truly thought was the best Mario game of all time was... BUM BUM BUM... Super Mario 64: Now that's a quality Mario game!

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2000, 09:23:29 PM »
Well, Ign64.com said that Paper Mario's controls were complicated... at first. After they got to playing, they said it was quite enjoyable. With is the way with most games.

Oh yeah! Well, Luigi''s taller!

Ralph Wiggum: Hello SuperNintendo Chalmers!

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2000, 09:23:32 PM »
Well, Ign64.com said that Paper Mario's controls were complicated... at first. After they got to playing, they said it was quite enjoyable. With is the way with most games.

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2000, 03:52:44 PM »
I dunno...2D/3D might be interesting (BTW, i havent seen that many screens of it, it sounded kinda  like)
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Print