Print

Author Topic: A Debate Forum  (Read 6401 times)

Game Over

• Banned
« on: January 07, 2006, 12:02:22 AM »
I think we need a debate forum here so we can have a heated discussion without a mod locking it. I'm thinking no curses and no racist, sexist, etc. comments. Also the only way other than that for a forum to be locked is if someone says something really flaming in psudo-curses.

Ex: You friggin worthless peice of crap I hope you die! I hope your mom dies and you eat your dog <-- BAD

Ex 2: You have no right to say the NES sucked, you are just some idiot that only appreciates new generation systems and should not have the privilege to own any game systems. <--O.K.

What do you guys think?

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 11:56:46 AM »
It would really suck if a great topic was deleted by one guy uninvolved in the debate just running in and flaming people.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 12:10:54 PM »
That's pretty much what all the forums are.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 01:25:37 PM »
This is turning into a debate itself! XD
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 03:04:51 PM »
An argument forum?

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 04:04:25 PM »
An argument forum?
Dude, that's what debating is.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 10:14:56 PM »
Don't quote the post directly before yours. It wastes time and energy.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 10:25:53 PM »
Maybe we could make at least a topic, but then It will seriously change subject every 2 posts.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 10:30:09 PM »
You mean something to debate about? Well I say:

SMS is better than SM64! (Don't kill me...)
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2006, 10:53:10 PM »
Meh, SM64 is overrated anyway. Mind you, some moronic n00b would probably make a topic about a debate whether *insert member name here* is stupid. I personally like the idea, though.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 11:08:08 PM »
You mean something to debate about? Well I say:

SMS is better than SM64! (Don't kill me...)
Indeed, but the any 2D platform mario game is better than both.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2006, 11:23:32 PM »
Don't quote the post directly before yours. It wastes time and energy.
You have no right to say the that, you are just some idiot that only appreciates new replies to old posts and should not have the privilege to make new posts. </sarcasm>
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2006, 12:05:21 AM »
There is nothing wrong with quoting the post above your own. It can help to specify to whom you are addressing, and what particular remark they made.

I don't understand this hatred of the feature, it takes no more effort to hit the quote button than it does the reply button.

I don't think the idea of a debate forum is a bad one, but I don't feel it's exactly necessary, either.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2006, 12:11:51 AM »
But are any threads nessesary? I don't think so...since we're here just to have fun.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2006, 12:21:05 AM »
 It also doesn't take much effort to make a thread, where as adding a new forum, I would imagine, takes more effort.

Given the serious nature of a debate forum, the moderation must also be maintained and kept rather strict, if not moreso than the other forums.  That can also create more headaches for the Administrators/Moderators with either moderating it themselves, or finding others to do it. That also brings the question as to if it would bring in enough threads to warrant its creation, or if it would be used as seldom as the White Mushroom House.

Plenty to consider.

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2006, 10:37:10 AM »
Yeah, good point. WMH is used rarely, but some people still come and sell stuff there.

Print