Print

Author Topic: Things That Made You Poop A Little.  (Read 133065 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2008, 10:09:22 PM »
One of these days I'd like to see a survival horror game with no supernatural elements whatsoever, just to see if it can be done right. That means: no zombies, whether reanimated through science or magic; no freaky hallucinatory inner demons manifested in the real world; no ghosts; no aliens; no possessed people. The closest I've ever seen has got to be Manhunt, and maybe Condemned (if you count the mannequins part as being strictly in the main dude's head).
every

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2008, 12:43:38 PM »
I don't see how it's impossible to make a survival horror game with no supernatural elements right. Just make a game about some poor sap walking down a dark alley and then running away from muggers.

Or a game where it's the apocalypse and you're trying to survive in a world where everybody will stoop to anything just to stay alive. A human version of survival of the fittest.

...nah, it'd either hit too close to home or be too much like Manhunt.
You didn't say wot wot.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2008, 03:19:15 PM »
Well, hitting close to home is sort of the point. I was imagining a war game that starts off like usual (You riding in on a helicopter and kicking everything's ass), but the mission goes fubar and your squad is stranded behind enemy lines, probably with only you and one other guy surviving. The intro sequence would basically be Saving Private Ryan's D-Day scene is first-person, but way worse. Maybe the player would get horribly injured in some way (losing a finger or eye or some such) and stay that way the rest of the game.

Sounds horrific to me.
every

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2008, 03:36:47 PM »
I game where you are a goomba and you fight mario thats scary :0
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2008, 05:14:49 PM »
And really short.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2008, 09:57:14 PM »
That'd make a good experimental indie game.
every

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2008, 05:29:16 PM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2008, 05:36:50 PM »
Dood!

I'm most excited because "Desperate Struggle" is the second awesomest title for a game ever, behind "Raw Danger".
every

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2008, 05:48:34 PM »
Yeah, Mirror's Edge got kicked out of my Most Anticipated Game spot so hard I think the glass broke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2008, 08:09:33 PM »
"Desperate Struggle" makes me think it should be on DS. Not that it makes me think it actually should or anything.
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2008, 08:22:11 PM »
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41311.html

:(                                                                     )

I've never been so excited about a super hero game before, I might actually buy this.

« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2008, 08:51:59 PM »
Whoa, hadn't seen that particular trailer.

Could go either way, but the midair stuff looks awesome.

I'm not buying day one, but will if enough people I trust rave about it.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2008, 08:46:52 AM »
That looks amazing.  Not because of the graphics or gameplay, but because Venom/Symbiotes are finally getting the spotlight.  Hopefully the Wii version won't suck too badly.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2008, 11:35:31 AM »
Not because of the graphics or gameplay,

but because Venom/Symbiotes are finally getting the spotlight

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2008, 04:48:15 PM »
1. Finally getting SM64
2. Dakar 2
3. My (really dumb) map in Halo 3. Basically, you hit the coil thingies and...well, you explode so far that you eventually can't see yourself.

One of these days I'd like to see a survival horror game with no supernatural elements whatsoever, just to see if it can be done right. That means: no zombies, whether reanimated through science or magic; no freaky hallucinatory inner demons manifested in the real world; no ghosts; no aliens; no possessed people. The closest I've ever seen has got to be Manhunt, and maybe Condemned (if you count the mannequins part as being strictly in the main dude's head).
Resident Evil 4 is pretty close. Even though pretty much most of the game has you fighting possessed people.

Print