Print

Author Topic: The "Wiimake" Epidemic  (Read 11135 times)

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 03:32:07 PM »
If you don't have an HD TV, then you could play using the Gamepad, assuming it's supported.
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 09:25:22 PM »
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 07:38:01 PM »
I was very happy about the WW remake announcement. I love that game, and I definitely am glad to see we'll have a way to play it in 16:9. The game is the most gorgeous Zelda.

I know they're not going to, but I really wish Nintendo would also go through the game and redo the textures, and even add new special effects to make everything in the game look cel-shaded, not just the characters and some objects. If you'll remember, the environmental textures are cartoony, but they don't have cel-shading effects applied to them. In the new screenshots, it looks like they've increased the texture resolutions, but it doesn't look like additional special effects are being applied.

Anyways, I'm happy to see it again, and I really hope a whole bunch of people who have never played the game before play it.

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 05:47:06 PM »
I'll buy the Wii U version as long as it doesn't have this

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 12:02:20 PM »
Did you not like that tutorial sequence? I didn't think it was too bad. Though I do have a soft spot for Wind Waker, maybe my nostalgia overrides my memory.

Speaking of "Wiimakes", what do you guys think of the Deus Ex port? I think it could be very cool. However, I've already played through the game twice, and I have plenty of other games to play, so I'm not sure if I really want to get it on Wii U and play it again.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 03:20:33 PM »
Instead of remaking a game with deliberately non-realistic, timeless visuals, maybe we should tackle... I don't know, Majora's Mask? But then I guess that would break that weird rule about having Ocarina of Time be on a platform before MM can...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 03:45:11 PM »
Every time I see a screenshot of the original Wind Waker I remember how much I don't like the remade graphics, and how much I'm going to hate myself for buying the remake anyway.

I haven't bought OoT3D yet, so maybe there's still hope. But I have a lot more nostalgia for Wind Waker than Ocarina, so I'll probably cave in for it eventually.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 04:22:51 PM »
Did you not like that tutorial sequence? I didn't think it was too bad. Though I do have a soft spot for Wind Waker, maybe my nostalgia overrides my memory.

Speaking of "Wiimakes", what do you guys think of the Deus Ex port? I think it could be very cool. However, I've already played through the game twice, and I have plenty of other games to play, so I'm not sure if I really want to get it on Wii U and play it again.
Not the tutorial in general, just that part due to it being a little oversensitive in what should be a very forgiving part of the game.
The rest of the game is awesome.
Every time I see a screenshot of the original Wind Waker I remember how much I don't like the remade graphics, and how much I'm going to hate myself for buying the remake anyway.

I haven't bought OoT3D yet, so maybe there's still hope. But I have a lot more nostalgia for Wind Waker than Ocarina, so I'll probably cave in for it eventually.
The graphics seem very faithful to the original IMO. They retain the original feel while adding improvements like the light engine.

Print