Print

Author Topic: Ever had a crush on a videogame character?  (Read 111061 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #420 on: November 16, 2011, 09:07:21 PM »

Like that.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #421 on: November 16, 2011, 09:22:32 PM »
On a related note:

Now without the turn-off of being a psychopath!
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #422 on: November 16, 2011, 11:37:44 PM »
I am in the unenviable position of having a video game character crushing on me, as depicted here:

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #423 on: November 17, 2011, 12:58:44 AM »
She's in a video game but is actually a comic character, but She-Hulk is quite somethin'.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #424 on: November 17, 2011, 04:55:47 AM »
If you don't like the Scott Pilgrim game, you probably have no friends and suck at games.

If you like the Scott Pilgrim movie, you must not care that Michael Cera portrays the complete opposite of what makes Scott great, totally lacking the joie de vivre comic-Scott usually has. The movie's VILLAINS were well-done and I liked them but all the "good guys" except maybe Knives were seriously messed. Nega-Scott, indeed.

Everyone likes the Scott Pilgrim comic, so that one's easy. It's the second-best comic ever made!

« Reply #425 on: November 17, 2011, 09:46:59 AM »
It's the second-best comic ever made!

What's the first?

Not having read the comic before seeing the movie, I thought the movie was great (we need more movies that are well done that also have multiple gaming/pop-culture references like Scott Pilgrim did).

Having read some of the comic, Michael Cera did an ok job.. It's sorta like watching the first two Harry Potter movies: they did what they set out to do, turn the books into movies. Things were left out/changed, but you get that with any book-turned-into-movie.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #426 on: November 17, 2011, 08:53:30 PM »
Everyone likes the Scott Pilgrim comic, so that one's easy.

Ahem...

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #427 on: November 17, 2011, 11:18:49 PM »
If you don't like the Scott Pilgrim game, you probably have no friends and suck at games.
The controls were bad and it was way too difficult with even two people--also, I had some major lolsony-related save issues. So if it's ideally meant to be played with a joystick peripheral, four people, and a 360... yeeeah, I'll just watch the movie again and play TMNT on an emulator afterwards.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #428 on: November 17, 2011, 11:24:27 PM »
But Brian, don't you see? Being way too difficult is a GOOD thing!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #429 on: November 18, 2011, 12:59:16 AM »
I've had no control issues with the Scott Pilgrim game, and I use a standard 360 pad. Including, yes, the 360 D-pad.

Also, I'm playing single-player, and the difficulty is just right because it means I have to actually learn how the game works instead of trying to brute-force my way through every fight.

It sounds yet again like ShadowBrian is just bad at games and isn't willing to apply any effort toward learning any remotely-complex gameplay system unless it rewards him with T&A (and even then it's unlikely). I dare him to prove me wrong.

« Reply #430 on: November 19, 2011, 05:59:37 PM »

Puqtd

• now member
« Reply #431 on: November 26, 2011, 09:29:24 PM »
the only crushes i've had on video game characters are the crushes i've had on alien homonid
~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #432 on: March 24, 2013, 10:33:32 AM »
Hsien-Ko is pretty awesome.

Wait, crush? Never mind.

Print