Print

Author Topic: SSBB Leak Thread [SPOILERS]  (Read 53811 times)

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2008, 05:50:24 AM »
I think I'll like Toon Link, simply because I mainly use Young Link in Melee. My guess is that he'll have the same moves.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2008, 07:49:47 AM »
Toon Link, I think, is really unique. I think it's funny that he was named "Toon Link".
I think that's sort of a direct translation from Japanese. At this point, I'm pretty sure the only character roster screenshots he's appeared in also refer to Bowser as "Koopa" and Jigglypuff as "Purin".
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2008, 08:33:00 AM »
Seems like the last character is Wolf

Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2008, 09:41:39 AM »
Lame.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2008, 09:59:20 AM »
And this coming from probably the biggest Star Fox fan on the board.

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2008, 10:56:01 AM »
Well, Wolf could be real. There's this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=JJhxPS1lQZw.

Once you get past the roster image, you'll see a couple in-game shots (or cinematic stills) of Wolf.

Wonder if that's all the characters in Brawl then. Another YouTube video suggests that 35 characters is the limit (and looking at a screenshot for what looks like a load profile screen, there's only room for 36 characters). Oh, and just now I noticed Jigglypuff, wonder when she appeared in the roster.

Several music tracks from Brawl also uploaded to YouTube. ...oh, frick, they turned Kirby Gourmet Race into a rock song.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 11:04:41 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2008, 11:04:43 AM »
What do you mean "could be"?  He is.

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2008, 11:06:43 AM »
Seems like the last character is Wolf

mmm...okay. So now the only thing to enjoy from the game is Adventure Mode, and Multiplayer? (Unless there's still some stages left...?)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2008, 11:57:37 AM »
If they really wanted a new Star Fox rep, Krystal would have been a better choice.  The Roster needs more females, and Krystal would have offered a more original moveset with that staff of hers.  I watched some Wolf footage, and, guess what?  He's a freaking Fox clone!  Why couldn't they have just given Wolf the Daisy and Blood Falcon treatment, and make him an alternate Fox color?!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2008, 01:38:29 PM »
The final roster disappointed me.

Falco, Wolf, Lucas, "Toon Link"; just no.
Brawl is starting to be somewhat of a disappointment, I expected loads of new characters. Don't get me wrong, there's some great ones included, but I wanted to see other ones like Animal Crosser, and characters that're actually original, rather than four clones. Also, Wind Waker Link should've just been an alternative costume for Link.
Ditto used Machop!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2008, 01:43:27 PM »

That screen is fake.  This is the real one.

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2008, 02:26:04 PM »
Having Wolf in that position lines all of the franchises up, though. I've heard rumours he's got the Landmaster as his FS (WTD? Star Wolf team has never used a Landmaster, but since Wolf's is supposedly red, that must mean it's okay) but apparently he's Luigified in comparison to Fox and has more of his own moves. Reminds me somewhat of the Mario-Doc-Luigi cloning procedure.

btw, to all of the people on the Net suggesting this is just Melee 1.5/2.0: is that so bad? We've got awesome stages, stage builder, long-anticipated characters, online play, wide array of characters as Assist Trophies (excellent idea), superior single-player mode, and tons more features I'd list but my internet only lets me onto TMK and Google for some reason, and is horrifically slow on anything else.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2008, 02:41:19 PM »
Who needs rumors anymore when there are plenty of videos?

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2008, 02:48:20 PM »
I am sad. There is still no playable Toad (unless there are actually more hidden characters, but I highly doubt that since the character select screen is a cut & paste of the Melee one).

Oh well. Maybe in SSB4..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2008, 02:55:54 PM »
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print