Print

Author Topic: SSBB Leak Thread [SPOILERS]  (Read 53804 times)

« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2008, 07:49:28 PM »
Sorry, Krystal fans.

If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2008, 11:03:41 PM »
Where'd all this Brawl info come from, anyway?

My takes on the newest new characters:

"Toon" Link-- I don't see what all the fuss is about, really; he's replacing Young Link from Melee, and he's pretty cool at that. And his stage is great!

ROB-- I think he's just there because he'll have a significant part in the SSE plot. I mean, I'm only interested in him because I am genuinely, genuinely curious about how in the name of God his moveset will play out (also, since I presume there was exactly a letter-writing campaign a few years back begging him to show up in more games, I think the appearance of ROB in MKD/Brawl is just Nintendo countering their collective embarassment over his initial unsuccess by pretending he was incredibly popular).

Wolf-- *Coughdumbclonenoonelikedanyway*
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 11:05:41 PM by ShadowBrain »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2008, 11:04:49 PM »
Where'd all this Brawl info come from, anyway?
Uh, the Japanese release?
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2008, 11:08:41 PM »
I know, but is it just like one Japanese dude with a video capture camera or a bunch of people? And why are all the roster pictures with the whole roster? Did they hack the game? Are there no unlockables after all... or is it just really easy to get new characters? Most of those are pretty weak questions, but I'm just thinking aloud(?) here.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2008, 11:34:02 PM »

*points to sig*

or is it just really easy to get new characters

Apparently all of the characters except three (Toon, Puff and Wolf) are unlocked through the SSE storyline, and if they go through the SSE storyline then I imagine it'd be pretty quick to get them all. I don't think the entire quest is that long...

Wolf took a bit longer to unlock, though, compared to the others, which probably means he's the Mewtwo of Brawl in terms of ease of unlock.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2008, 11:41:51 PM »
While that sounds ludicrously easy, it does make a lot of sense, considering Classic Mode is kind of limited, and clearing ALL the target courses would be mundane.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2008, 12:09:43 AM »
While that sounds ludicrously easy, it does make a lot of sense, considering Classic Mode is kind of limited, and clearing ALL the target courses would be mundane.
It could also refer to Vs. mode unlocks as well, which now that you look at it does seem a bit too reliant on SSE.

« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2008, 12:23:07 AM »

There you go again. I like Wolf. I'm sure he'll have a different move set from Fox, as will Falco.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2008, 01:27:04 AM »
Reiterating my point, a very fast run down of all the modes.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/movies/movie080131a.html

« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2008, 02:04:53 AM »
Well, maybe I can learn to like Wolf after a while. Finally, a match between Fox and Wolf, outside of Arwings. That's... uh, not a classic battle by any stretch, but it could be cool.
Knew Krystal would show up in some other form, though. After she was debunked as a playable character, that is.

So cool that the characters line up by franchise on the roster. Also cool that from now on, the Dojo will reveal secret characters. I mean, the secret characters in Melee were revealed quickly after the game's release I believe. Although Nintendo's magazine kept them secret and many months later said "oh yeah, here's three characters in Melee you never knew about. Whoops, spoilers -- aw, you probably already knew about them."

So, with all characters and stages and modes revealed, I guess what I'm interested in now are hidden music tracks and trophies available and Assist Trophies. And considering the third-party characters, I wonder if that means we'll get third-party trophies too. Naturally, probably only those from franchises represented in the game... but I'd love to see a trophy of the New Age Retro Hippie, or Tails, or Boshi, or Mewtwo. Or one of the Koopalings, I mean, come on, they do EXIST, Nintendo.
You didn't say wot wot.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2008, 08:34:11 AM »
I still don't see what place ROB has in a collection of video game characters, considering he's a hardware peripheral whose sole purpose of existence was to disassociate Nintendo with video games. I'm sure he'll be a cool character, but it seems like Sakurai thinks for some reason that the roster already has all the video game characters anyone could ever want, so he can go and pick something completely different to fill a spot.

And Wolf's inclusion, especially as the last character to unlock, just rubs it all in. I can understand Falco having the exact same Final Smash as Fox, but... this is like giving Bowser the same Final Smash as Peach. If the roster is smaller than it could have been because of time constraints, why not just delay it again? I'd wait another month for two or three more good characters. If this is really the last Smash ever, doesn't it deserve to be perfect, especially in the area that the series was created for?

But you know, I'm glad that I spoiled myself, because now I can take February to get over it. There really is a huge amount of content in the game, and I did still get several of my most wanted characters (Sonic, Olimar, WW Link [I refuse to call him Toon Link. When the localization team changes Koopa to Bowser, changing Toon Link to Young Link better be next on their list], and Overalls Wario). I'm really looking forward to the Masterpieces thing for some reason, especially since it means Earthbound is unofficially coming to the Virtual Console... and possibly Mother 3 (in fact, maybe the huge difference between the Japanese and American delays was to finish localizing Mother 3, though I certainly wouldn't stake my life on something that involved Nintendo doing something expensive to please a small group of fans).
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2008, 09:08:34 AM »
"Young Link" implies that this is the other Link, but a kid. This is not the case.

Any two characters featuring the same Final Smash is lame, but none have it so bad as Ness and Lucas, whose ideal Final Smashes were so, so obvious: PK Rockin and PK Love, respectively. They could have at least colored Starstorm red, yellow and blue for Ness and called it Rockin, but why, when the two are already expert move-thieves?
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2008, 02:51:43 PM »
I just saw Luigi's Final Smash. It's...er, confusing. To look at. And a little eerie.
every

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2008, 03:36:59 PM »
With all the new games ROB is being put in why dosent Nintendo just make a Wii version of him? They already made a Wii version of the Zapper... So why not him? Then they could finnaly releash Gyromight on the VC.

Also what's all the hate against him? I think it's awsome that their using him in the newer games. And I lol'd at Luigi's cutseen with King Dedede.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2008, 05:50:17 PM »
Why, though, do you think it's awesome? Because you're one of those people who thinks "It's from before the '90s so it's automatically nostalgic," or what?
It's YOUR problem!

Print