Print

Author Topic: Brawl's Ups and Downs  (Read 98341 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 09:50:46 AM »
I imagine Olimar could easily be manipulated seeing that he depends on his Pikmin, unless I'm mistaken.

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 09:54:48 AM »
 Yeah, I have noticed a little slowdown but I imagine it's just something I'll get used to. I imagine it might make Pikachu a little weaker for me, since I'd always play the hectic style against people with his lightning attacks. I'm thinking Lucas will be a sleeper.

The loading times are absurd, but I feel bad nitpicking in a game that offers so much fanservice.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 11:11:29 AM »
I do pretty well with Wario.  I'm a little disappointed with Ganondorf, though.  He used to be one of my best characters.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 04:30:23 PM »
I heard they made Captain Falcon worse. I can't find anything bad but his Falcon Kick is an inch shorter and he still is extremely suicidal. Another bad thing is that Zelda is practically the best character so far, thus be being beat by an 8 year old. Which, in favor, is forcing me to be Meta Knight. Bye Link.

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 04:37:18 PM »
I just played for about 15 minutes at Gamestop.

My favorite characters to play with are, in order, Fox, Pit and Diddy Kong. Fox is nice and fast, which I like. Pit is also fast, and has uber jump and recovery, especially his up-B. Diddy has a nice feel of power and speed (not as slow as DK or Bowser but definitely not as fast as Fox or Pit). I didn't try many other characters, but I imagine if I get the chance to play again, Sonic and Wolf would be favorites of mine as well, since I like the speedy characters.

My favorite stage so far is the Warioware one. At first I just thought it looked cool, but then I got thrown into a Microgame while I was fighting Wario, which I thought was really innovative and fun.

I like the setup for the Subspace Emissary. It's very adventure-mode-y. I played it until I got to the DK-Diddy level, then stopped to try Fox and some other characters.

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 04:38:50 PM »
Okay, so...

When did Falco get a Brooklyn accent? It's funny, but stupid at the same time. XP

Then again his last name IS Lombardi, so it does make some sense.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 04:59:55 PM »
Some stages have embarrasing vocals, like Warios stage.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 07:17:28 PM »
When the heck was Wolf ever British?
...And Falco. Uhh... maybe because Rare is a British company and they made a lot of the StarFox games? Beats me, a lot of the voice acting sucks.

Up: More of everything that made Melee great
Down: Subspace Emissary makes unlocking most characters too easy (also, I wish Toon Link was available from the start).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 07:49:34 PM »
...And Falco. Uhh... maybe because Rare is a British company and they made a lot of the StarFox games? Beats me, a lot of the voice acting sucks.

Up: More of everything that made Melee great
Down: Subspace Emissary makes unlocking most characters too easy (also, I wish Toon Link was available from the start).
I wish that Sonic was avalible from the start
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2008, 07:50:42 PM »
When did Rare ever make a StarFox game?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 08:34:52 PM »
They made Star Fox Adventures. Star Fox Adventures had excellent excellent voice acting. Rare only made one Star Fox game. Wolf was not in Star Fox Adventures. Falco did not have a British accent in Star Fox Adventures. He actually had much more of a Brooklynesque accent. Done by a British voice actor. Leon had a British accent, but Wolf never did.
That was a joke.

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 09:21:58 PM »
I lol whenever I hear "Piece a'cake".

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008, 09:59:19 PM »
Ups:
Ness got super de-nerfed (But still says "PK FRAHS!"). Lucas is splendid, but I still feel like I shouldn't use him until I play Mother 3 in English. I'm okay as Wario, I guess.
Stages are grand
Moving while shooting
I like Yoshi's redesign
"Olimar" > "Pikmin & Olimar"

Downs:
Loading times are insane
Pokéball results are never satisfactory anymore
Most new items are lame
No more "soft shielding" as I call it

ShadowBrain: Why would you want to waste time in single-player mode to get new features added to a multiplayer game?

Some stages have embarrasing vocals, like Warios stage.
Mona Pizza > You
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2008, 10:24:13 PM »
I intentionally made the chances of the Japanese version of Mona Pizza to occur than the English one in the Wario stage, just to annoy friends who don't like hearing songs in Japanese.

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2008, 11:09:44 PM »
I'm a little disappointed with Ganondorf, though.  He used to be one of my best characters.

Same here. I'm not too good at him either. I'm still good at Mario though. :/

I earned Sonic earlier this evening, and I'm in the process of getting Wolf.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print