Print

Author Topic: Anyone else play Team Fortress?  (Read 41721 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2008, 01:40:35 PM »
As far as First Person on rail shooters go, Ghost Squad is great fun. Also Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles is good while having less goofiness, more game depth, and a lot more stages which are also much longer.

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2008, 06:53:04 PM »
I disagree - The conduit shall be a good FPS on the Wii...I'm doubly certain of this! :D
All worlds shall soon be ruled by the one...Count Bleck!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2008, 08:23:28 PM »
I saw someone named Count Bleck on TheVille VIII this evening.

So, I finished my big three stage map recently-- should I post it in Fan Creations, perhaps?

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2008, 09:02:41 PM »
Doesn't matter where, but post it! I want to play it.

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2008, 09:25:17 PM »

TEM

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2009, 12:00:20 PM »
Let's have a belated discussion on the Spy/Sniper Update.

I. Love. Jarate.

Definitely the most useful weapon swap out I've personally gotten since they introduced new weapons. I've changed my Steam name in reflection of this feeling. Hitting someone with Jarate just makes me feel so good on the inside that sometimes I don't know if I can take it. But that's not all; Jarate is useful in a practical sense as well. Putting out flaming teammates or even fires afflicting your own person is awesome, plus the mini crits are a great way to provide support for your teammates in battle on top of shooting the enemies from 20 yards away.

The Spy updates are pretty cool too, offering 2 new variations on the cloak watch. I personally like the Cloak and Dagger (Edit: Actually I'm using the Dead Ringer!) a lot.

Now a few negative criticisms. The Razorback doesn't seem to be very useful. I don't have it myself. But the only time I've encountered it on the field I back stabbed the Sniper to see what would happen. The Razorback broke, the Sniper survived, but I didn't notice getting damaged or a cool down time on my knife. I was easily able to stab him in the back almost immediately after destroying the Razorback. Hopefully this gets fixed.

I also think they really should have implemented the trading system when they started the random unlock system for the weapons. I've got 5 Sandviches at the moment and no idea what to do with them. Also I've noticed that low latency servers are still very laggy for me occasionally. I think this is because spectators are clogging up the works, waiting to unlock stuff by leaving the game on for days.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 09:24:27 PM by TEM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2009, 02:38:45 PM »
So, hold up, you can just unlock stuff by leaving the game running? I assumed it was by actually doing stuff, sincle I got my Axestinguisher at around 1:05:00 of Pyro playtime.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2009, 03:12:34 PM »
Yeah, they've changed it twice so far with the new update, since the first change was really buggy and this one seems to work better. As a result, once trading is implemented, I'll probably have every item pretty quickly.

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2009, 03:24:08 PM »
I think the new unlock system sucks.

The only new spy/sniper weapon I have (due to the sucky unlock system) is the Ambassador, which sucks.

TEM

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2009, 09:21:19 PM »
I captured a Sniper moments before unleashing skillful Jarate on an enemy Pyro!

I made an ad out of it!

« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 10:26:21 PM by TEM »

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2009, 02:48:03 AM »
Of the new hats, I have to say Pyro has the best one.

Demo's fro and Spy's fedora are awesome as well, however.

No! I don't want that!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2009, 01:31:05 PM »
Spy gets a fedora?

Yeessss.
every

TEM

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2009, 01:10:41 PM »
First this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=881804

I've cranked out quite a few screen shots since the Spy/Sniper update. My latest batch shows my first Huntsman kill that resulted in a pin (I was Jarated so the shot is a little strange looking).

Also: My favorite hat is the Heavy football helmet. I fear that when I see it in battle I will be paralyzed with laughter and unable to fight.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 01:12:15 PM by TEM »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2009, 08:24:27 PM »
Whoa! The bow is on the left side of the screen?! Interesting.

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2009, 08:29:13 PM »
Yeah, that probably would have thrown me off a bit, but I'm a professional Sheva, so it's all good.

Update from my last post: The Ambassador doesn't suck so much anymore now that headshot crits are full crits, not mini-crits. They fixed that in an update shortly after my post.

Print