Print

Author Topic: Confess!  (Read 141756 times)

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 11:41:39 PM »
[A quick foreword: ****. My dad closed this tab during his turn on the computer, so the following is merely a shoddy reproduction of what I had before.]

Trainman, I can relate to much of that situation. Do you also feel, upon considering trying to rectify things, that pang of inexperience which convinces you that setting the Ball of Life into motion will pull you in over your head? Are you also confounded at how everyone else is able to dive head-first into life's deep end, perform some perfect-score-from-all-three-judges move on the way down, plunge effortlessly into their ambitions while dealing with inhibitions both expected and unforseen, and yet gracefully emerge on the opposite bank? Is the water meanwhile so intemperate for you as well that merely dipping a toe in it induces scalding or hypothermic shock? Are you also unable to swim in life's pool, knowing that doing so would be suicide unless you were pulled out and recusitated by someone more capable? Are you equally certain that this, in its inevitable occurence, would scare you yet further from pursuing what you've been told lies before you?

tl;dr: I, much as you, get so overanxious about things that I avoid them for fear of having everything screw up and haunt me afterwards. I've been on chronic anxiety medication for about two years, and those feelings of dread have reasonably subsided since.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 02:53:04 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2009, 11:52:12 PM »
Anxiety is a terrible inhibition isn't it?

Thankfully, mines went away once I finished High School. I guess attending a campus full of strangers is much more comforting than attending classes filled with the same people day in and day out for 12 years.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 12:01:42 AM »
I also avoid things because I get over anxious. I don't know why I do it, but I always have, unless I'm in a group of people who are also there, doing it with me (like the first time I played laser tag. I thought I was going to suck, but I ended up getting MVP on my team).

What does tl;dr mean? I'm kinda behind on my internet lingo.

I have a huge fear of making phone calls. I don't know why, I just can't bring myself to make phone calls, even if they are important. I much prefer text messages and emails to phone calls.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 12:05:48 AM »
Too long; didn't read. It's the rudest possible way of brushing aside someone's thoughtfully-composed work.

I can be similar with phone calls, especially people I'm not entirely familiar with... Like most old people.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 12:38:27 AM »
Phone calls are bad compared to real life speaking, and text is even worse for getting the intended message across. It lets you avoid actual contact and that is dangerous.
I have a tendency to become concerned about making sure I'm choosing the correct course of action for fear of messing things up as well. I don't take medication for it because what needs to happen is an actual understanding of why you feel this way and take action to make sure things are going the way you envision for the best possible future. Don't be wimpy, people!
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 07:18:04 AM »
Do you also feel, upon considering trying to rectify things, that pang of inexperience which convinces you that setting the Ball of Life into motion will pull you in over your head?

This goes for myself, increasingly so these days, as the prospects of going to college, getting a job, and driving solo all loom larger.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 06:56:56 PM »
I appreciate all your thoughts.

I'm extremely fearful of screwing things up because I'm trying to pull myself out of my not-very-sociable life into a more sociable life. Not to say I was nerdy or anything, but it's the people who over-excel at literally everything that kinda drove me into the "hey... just... a normal, quiet kid. pretty cool" category. I'm a funny guy, but I'm guess I'm not "jocky" enough to really act immature, but have people react to it in a positive, humorous way.

There could be friends of mine acting like friggin' idiots, and guys and girls alike just eat it all up, but if I were to try the same [darn] thing, I'd be met with "lol what in the hell is this kid's problem?" As a result, I tend to be a lot quieter because a lot of people don't want to just talk and BS about stuff; they want laughs only, and I have no material for those peoples' types of humor (and don't want any because it's childish, retarded humor). Also, since I was never the "act like a moron" guy growing up, I can't suddenly just start doing it one day because everyone I know doesn't know me as that kind of person.

Let me make an analogy: I'm like a King of the Hill kind of person. I like small-group based things. I'm the kid who'd grab a beer saying "yeeeep" and talk about things ... you know, have a good time BSin' with people. The other people, the "laughs only" kind of people (that being the only kind of people I know), are the type that want to party with hundreds of people and see who can have sex/pass out from being drunk the fastest, and I'm not that type of kid at all.

Every time I talk about this I think of it as a whole and I'm just kinda like.... "ughh... you know what? forget it, i just dont even wanna get into it at all."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 07:34:10 PM by BP »
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 08:02:26 PM »
There could be friends of mine acting like friggin' idiots, and guys and girls alike just eat it all up, but if I were to try the same [darn] thing, I'd be met with "lol what in the hell is this kid's problem?"

Same applies to me, but minus the "lol" part. The truth is, who's saying something matters more than what's being said. It's socially unacceptable to accept worthwhile social contributions from one who isn't socially accepted.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 08:07:01 PM by Weegee »

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 01:15:00 AM »
The "lol" part was added to refer to people giggling at how much of an idiot they would think the person is for doing that.
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 06:30:52 PM »
Given the trend of post subjects, I feel kind of awkward confessing trivialities, but... I often find myself compulsivley whistling/humming/singing the titular line of "You Belong with Me".
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 05:51:03 AM »
That song is very catchy. Don't be ashamed because you like a song.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2009, 07:24:27 AM »
Well, I suppose it's sort of preliminary embarassment over when people catch me with it on my iPod, assuming the urge to obtain a copy of it someday becomes irresistable--ditto for "Girlfriend" and "So What".

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2009, 02:55:09 PM »
At some point I stopped enjoying Tokio Hotel ironically and just started actually enjoying them.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2009, 06:27:23 PM »
I admire their cunning use of stolen motifs.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2009, 06:36:08 PM »
At some point I stopped enjoying Tokio Hotel ironically and just started actually enjoying them.
Well, all I've cognizently heard from them is Monsoon, which was pretty good. As for Bill... well, I can't stay mad at him--he was indirectly responsible for my Harem, after all.

Print