Print

Author Topic: Confess!  (Read 141758 times)

« Reply #375 on: November 26, 2010, 03:17:49 AM »
Much like the vampires in Buffy staying home on Halloween because it's just a bunch of amateurs running around, I shave in November.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #376 on: November 29, 2010, 10:10:27 PM »
I forget, is that considered a holiday or a... whatever you call "Black History Month"? In any case, it's incredibly poorly-named.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #377 on: November 30, 2010, 06:06:49 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #378 on: November 30, 2010, 06:08:33 PM »
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #379 on: December 03, 2010, 03:35:16 AM »
My facial hair came in at the end of 8th grade when I was 14. It wasn't patchy. It wasn't that disgusting, thin blonde crap with a few stray, thick black hairs that some people love to annoyingly grow out, and it wasn't uneven. It just straight up showed up and was there to stay. Sure it was a fledgling beard at the time, but it had none of the familiar symptoms of a pubescent kids facial hair that I mentioned above.

I've done essentially every [non-retarded] beard style at least twice except for mutton chops because I think any form of mutton chops is redneck-looking, nerdy, nasty, and pretty stupid overall (sorry weegee & wiggles).

Now I just keep it trimmed and neat, like a few days past stubble. Its uniform and feels good.

My growth rate. Eh, hm, let's see. My high school had a no beard rule. If I shaved that morning, I'd be okay, but if I shaved the night before, I'd be in trouble by 5th period for having 5 o' clock and be sent to the nurses office to shave, so I guess that explains it. This happened basically every day and it was $1 to shave.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #380 on: December 03, 2010, 04:59:04 PM »
I occasionally grow visible chin hairs.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #381 on: March 14, 2011, 02:38:52 PM »
I feel sort of ashamed for saying this, but... okay, let me make one thing clear: The disaster in Japan is horrible for all involved, I feel genuinely distressed about the people over there and sad over all those who have died, and I've donated some money to the cause for good measure. However, one of the other reasons it's got me down is that a good two-thirds of the book I'm writing takes place in or around Japan, and I am at a total loss as to how to tastefully address this event without altering the story's tone, short of making it a period piece or pulling a Song of the South.

« Reply #382 on: March 14, 2011, 03:03:07 PM »
Change the setting? I know that's asking a lot, but if you're concerned about your book being tasteful that might be the only option.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #383 on: March 14, 2011, 03:05:03 PM »
For what it's worth, Irem Corporation just canceled the newest Disaster Report game (about the aftermath of an earthquake in Japan) despite the fact that preorders (in Japan, mind you) actually shot through the roof after the real-world disaster.

« Reply #384 on: March 14, 2011, 04:58:51 PM »
Set it in pre-disaster Japan, perhaps?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #385 on: March 14, 2011, 05:01:13 PM »
Don't change it, dude. If it's absolutely, unavoidably too soon to have whatever you WANT in it, delay it. Serious. Remember Metal Gear Solid 2's ending? It would have been spectacular if the friggin' twin towers didn't fall down in real life, 'cause Arsenal Gear was supposed to tear through 'em. Noooooo, it's too soooooon, it's best we just RUIN THE ENDING OF THE GAME FOREVER, even when people play this game ten or twenty or, if it's possible, a hundred years from now! 'Cause it'll still matter by then, right??

Edit: and if you have a deadline or something, or if YOU don't especially care and are just worried people will be offended over nothing, then screw reality, just do it
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 05:03:11 PM by BP »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #386 on: March 14, 2011, 10:25:44 PM »
Well, to be honest, I was putting it off pretty heavily, because I'm not that confident in my own writing ability sometimes. It's just... now it's harder than ever to motivate myself to write it, because now the images that pop into my head whenever I think of "Japan" are irrevocably ruined.

« Reply #387 on: March 27, 2011, 11:27:11 PM »
I haven't played anything other than RPGs for months.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #388 on: April 07, 2011, 12:34:13 PM »
I really like Friendship is Magic now. :[

And just a week ago I couldn't stand it.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #389 on: April 07, 2011, 04:42:08 PM »
Haha, no one can resist the ponies

NO ONE

And, I'll confess something also -- since the time I last left TMK and now, I developed a raging alcohol problem. As in, I drink myself to sleep literally every single day.
~I.S.~

Print