Print

Author Topic: Confess!  (Read 141747 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #420 on: May 09, 2011, 07:51:08 PM »
While I stand by the sentiment of my last post I feel a little ashamed of the language I used.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #421 on: May 09, 2011, 09:16:33 PM »
Maybe you're a moron, LD, and Kurt was just saying why he didn't want to live in Russia
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #422 on: May 10, 2011, 09:59:16 AM »
I was thinking more along the lines of how revered he was by poser teens around the world.

How can one be a poser teen? They're pretending to be a teenager? What?

Maybe you're a moron, LD, and Kurt was just saying why he didn't want to live in Russia

Puhahahahaha...

While I stand by the sentiment of my last post I feel a little ashamed of the language I used.

Why? It's just a word.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 10:28:48 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #423 on: May 10, 2011, 03:40:11 PM »
I half-expected "Why the ****? It's just a ****ing word, ****."
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #424 on: May 10, 2011, 04:46:52 PM »
Just a word.  True.  It's the reaction to the "word" that may distract from the message though.  Take the Tillman funeral for example:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRNxiPVZ69Q (Language warning).  The brother's point may have been taken more seriously and gotten more air time without the "word". 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #425 on: May 10, 2011, 05:24:05 PM »
I have no problem with swearing, as long as it's truly meant to magnify the meaning of a thought, or the emotion behind it. The problem is swearing excessively, because then it loses its purpose in the first place.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #426 on: May 11, 2011, 12:05:27 AM »
I've been out of college for a year, I turn 22 in six months, and I have crushes on two 17-year-old girls. One of whom should totally be dating a 19-year-old friend of mine whom she is already good friends with, and the other of whom I don't even know if she's actually even single. And both of whom are 17.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #427 on: May 11, 2011, 07:15:47 AM »
I have a crush on a 21-year-old girl, but I know deep down it would never work out.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #428 on: May 11, 2011, 07:34:13 AM »
... 17-year-old girls ... are 17.
Your "crushes" are ruining your otherwise impeccable prose. 

« Reply #429 on: May 11, 2011, 03:04:38 PM »
At least neither of you are infatuated with countless fictional twelve-year-olds like Mr. Wiggles is.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #430 on: May 11, 2011, 03:43:17 PM »
You know, it won't be weird when you're 60 and they're 56.

Not saying it's not weird now, because it totally is, but you know how it is, the lower end of your dating bubble will drag its feet for a while while the tops of theirs will keep on rising and soon enough they'll meet--it probably won't even be so weird when you're 24 and they're 20. It's the "teen" part, the fact that you have to say the "teen" part

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #431 on: May 11, 2011, 04:44:35 PM »
It's really weird if you don't say the "teen" part, though.

According to the Half-Your-Age-Plus-Seven Rule, CrossEyed should hold off another year before he taps that professes his feelings toward either lass.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #432 on: May 11, 2011, 05:06:54 PM »
I've been out of college for a year, I turn 22 in six months, and I have crushes on two 17-year-old girls. One of whom should totally be dating a 19-year-old friend of mine whom she is already good friends with, and the other of whom I don't even know if she's actually even single. And both of whom are 17.

My question is why are you hanging out with high schoolers?

« Reply #433 on: May 11, 2011, 05:12:08 PM »
How else is he gonna pick up seventeen-year-olds?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #434 on: May 11, 2011, 05:30:55 PM »
One goes to my Bible study, one is a co-worker (I've been out of college for a year and I'm a minimum-wage cashier).

Not saying it's not weird now, because it totally is, but you know how it is, the lower end of your dating bubble will drag its feet for a while while the tops of theirs will keep on rising and soon enough they'll meet--it probably won't even be so weird when you're 24 and they're 20.
See, this is good, because it makes me ask "Would I wait two years to date either of them?" And if the answer is no, then are these really prospects for serious relationships, or are they just kneejerk rebounds after breaking up with my girlfriend two months ago?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print