Print

Author Topic: Zelda bonus disc is released Feb. 16th  (Read 3393 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: February 16, 2003, 03:04:36 PM »
I got my bonus disc and guide at Funcoland today.  Did you get yours?

Everything is perfect!  Hyrule is a very liveable place. ;Þ

-->  Åñím@l ©®ø$$íñ9â„¢   <--
-->    Town: Hyrule     <--
-->     Name: Link      <--
--> Now Only ß9,999,990 <--
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2003, 03:23:54 PM »
lucky bum. i haven't even pre ordered yet, but i need to!! does wal mart or blockbuster carry em? cuz i heard they did, but i maybe wrong! how much does it cost???

the hero of time

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 12:07:33 AM »
 Yeah, I already went and got mine. I haven't done much with the plain OoT, but I'v been playing Master Quest a bit, and it's a pretty nice challenge. I tell you, it's not as easy as OoT is, that's for sure.

The bonus disk doesn't cost anything, however you need to pre-order Wind Waker in order to get it. I'm sure that'd cost at least $10, and it's at least $15 around my area. Also, my area Wal*Mart didn't have the Bonus disk deal, but that's not to say all of them don't. So, I'm not sure. I do know, however, that Gamestop/Babbages and Electronics Botique both honor the reservation deal.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2003, 01:14:24 AM »
OoT? Easy?!
*falls flat on floor from disbelief*

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2003, 01:48:52 AM »
Gamestop has the bonus disk and free prima guide if you preorder with at least $15 here.  I think software etc. and babbage might have the same deal.  bestbuy didn't have the guide.

Yes, Oot is EZ compaired to the Master'S Quest.  I died in the tree for crying out load.  Other than being harder and having brighter graphics, I don't see much difference between the Master's Quest the N64's Oot.

Everything is perfect!  Hyrule is a very liveable place. ;Þ

-->  Åñím@l ©®ø$$íñ9â„¢   <--
-->    Town: Hyrule     <--
-->     Name: Link      <--
--> Now Only ß9,999,990 <--

Edited by - Luigison on 2/16/2003 11:51:25 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2003, 12:49:10 AM »
My Software, etc., which used to be a Babbage's, has the deal. Don't know if I'm going to do it yet or not...

That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2003, 08:56:08 PM »
I gotta wait till May to get all my games cause I pre-ordered before Master Quest & OoT were in!Oh,Are the OoT graphics the same as the N64 graphics?

Do you know when we die,we''ll be boos too?
Find your inner monkey.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2003, 12:58:47 AM »
They are exactly the same, except at 640x464 instead of 320x240 resolution.

That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2003, 04:08:54 PM »
 Indeed, the graphics are the same, however, they look much more sharp, and crisp. While they did look somewhat blurry on the N64 compared to other games now days, it does look better overall.

But yes, no changes were made to the actual graphics, as Chupperson Weird had pointed out.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2003, 09:54:36 PM »
It's just that the GameCube has a higher resolution than the N64. Result: sharper graphics.

That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2003, 08:27:48 PM »
Not to make any one mad, but I think this is what led to the new demo disk.

Nintendo: AH its about time there was another Zelda game that comes out, we're in need of Moola!
Shiggy: Sure, I'll have my best techs on it at once!
Nintendo videogame programmer #1: DUH hey lets change the graphics (lets out a big puff of smoke off a joint)
Nintendo videogame programmer #2: Ya like were totally not being paid enough ( looks at the TV which has an old old cartoon on from the 50's) Hey lets make them look like that!
Nintendo videogame programmer #1 Dude!

Much later

Nintendo videogame programmers #1 and 2: Hey boss! where done
Shiggy, well lets see it.....OH MY GOD WHAT THE HECK DID YOU DO! YOUR BOTH FIRED!

Latter
Nintendo : well maybe the public will like this horrible looking game, lets find out
 (First screenshots are released)
Public (well most of the public anyway): Thats supposed to be a Zelda game? What were the programmers smoking?

Nintendo: Shiggy quick! we must do something, start reprogramming!
Shiggy: But that will take forever! And by that time we'll be bankrupt!
New Nintendo Employee: Hey I got an Idea, how about we run a gimic so that you'll sell a million copies!
Nintendo and Shiggy: How will we do that?
New Nintendo Employee: Easy, just release an improved vesion of a zelda game the people like, and maybe make a more challenging version and release it along with this horrible looking game.
Nintendo and Shiggy: THATS A GREAT IDEA, you get a promotion to vice president for that idea.
New Nintendo Employee: Cool

And there you have it, how I believe that the new zelda game came about. Again, dont start flaming me, the last time I checked here nearly everybody hated the new graphic. so if that public oppinion has changed, then, well, oops.

It''s a me Marionut#1

Edited by - Marionut#1 on 2/22/2003 6:38:35 PM
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2003, 10:20:49 PM »
Personally, I think the art style looks pretty darn cool.

That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2003, 06:29:59 PM »
 I'm with Chupperson on this one. I think it'll be pretty intereesting, as the game is done totally in the Cell-shaded style. Although it's comming out after many of these new Cell-shaded games, I dare say, Celda, as it was called, was one of, if not, the first to announce this style. But that matters not.

I don't think you're giving them enough credit, to be honest. The game looks pretty sharp, and I believe it'll be on par with the others.

Oh, and "Master Quest" was not created just for this promotion. It was actually the 'expansion' created for the old 64DD (N64 Disk Drive) that never saw our shores and lasted only a short time in Japan. I can't recall how many copies there were, I'd like to say 6,000 but seems awfully low. No matter, I think it was nice of them to include this offer, as it gives us a chance to play the game many of us, including myself, have been curious about for some years now.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2003, 01:01:48 AM »
I'd like to try it sometime, but I'm so horrible at the normal OoT that I probably wouldn't find it very amusing.

I fear the monkey in your soul.
That was a joke.

Print