Print

Author Topic: Sony PSP price finally revealed! Official announcement!  (Read 1846 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: October 27, 2004, 07:41:34 PM »
This article was taken from PSInext.com (the article was linked to the Sony Computer Entertainment website).

THE ARTICLE:
Sony Computer Entertainment today announced that the PSP (PSP-1000) will hit retailers on December 12, 2004, at a recommended Japanese retail price of 19,800 yen excluding tax (20,790 yen including tax).

As shown on the official PSP website, the handheld will be available in two very affordable packages; standard and value. The standard pack will retail at 19,800 yen ($185) and will include the handheld itself, an AC adapter and a battery pack. The value pack, on the other hand, will retail for 5,000 yen more at 24,800 yen ($232), and will include the handheld itself, an AC adapter, a battery pack, a 32MB Memory Stick Duo, a set of headphones with a remote control, and a soft case & hand strap.
Accessories will be readily available via retailers at the following prices: 32MB Memory Stick Duo and headphones with remote at 2,800 yen each ($26), carrying case at 2,000 yen ($19), additional rechargeable batteries at 4,800 yen ($45), and a spare AC adapter can be purchased at 3,500 yen ($33). (pictures)

To our delight, the battery life has finally been outlined, with Sony explaining that the handheld's rechargeable Lithium Ion battery will last for four to six hours for gameplay, and of four to five hours for movies. It’s important to note that these figures have been listed as ‘averages’, meaning that depending on how well optimized the software running on the PSP is, the battery life could be greater or less.

---------------------

MY OPINION:
Well I am very impressed that Sony FINALLY set an official price for the PSP (in Japan). $185 is not bad at all for a system which most people were expecting to sell over $250... I am glad that the PSP is priced within the $150-$200 range, because anything over that would be too expensive...

I am dissappointed with the PSP's battery life. 4 to 6 hours (average) of game time is not good at all, especially if you plan on taking the PSP on a long road trip. The Nintendo DS battery life is fortunately much longer, 6 to 10 hours.

Hopefully, Sony will release a more powerful battery in the future, because I would hate to be playing my PSP and suddenly have the battery die.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 08:52:51 PM »
(All together now!)

WHO CARES?

The fast pace riding on a horse bets a slow boat anyday.

That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 09:23:14 PM »
I care!
/Luke Skywalker

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 02:37:35 PM »
I care to see how much money I'm not going to waste on that thing.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 04:48:40 PM »
The Nintendo DS is still going to be way better though.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 05:45:54 PM »
Why is this in General Mario Chat?

Most good judgement comes from experience.  Most experience comes from bad judgement.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2004, 08:10:22 PM »
Why are YOU in General Mario Chat?

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2004, 08:11:48 PM »
It's not.

The fast pace riding on a horse bets a slow boat anyday.
That was a joke.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2004, 10:55:56 AM »
I know, I was just bored.

Most good judgement comes from experience.  Most experience comes from bad judgement.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print