Print

Author Topic: DK Bongos Mystery...  (Read 2597 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« on: November 04, 2004, 07:42:41 AM »
Well well, I return to report some news.
(Yes, I will host the Fungi Forums Poster Award again soon, so do not fret)
I was tinkering around with the DK Bongos, to continue research on what Luigison(I think it was him) said about the Bongos. He was incorrect about saying the bongos don't correspond to certain buttons. I recently discovered there are two different sections of each individual bongo, with a more than one button under the padding; one in the front of it, one in the middle of the drum, and one in the back, closest to you when you hold it. What I've found out is that the bongos actually do correspond to buttons!

The layout is as follows:
Front of Right- X Button
Back of Right- A Button
Start- Start (Obviously)
Front of Left- Y Button
Back of Left- B Button
Clap- R Button

To hit the buttons on the drum correctly, you need to hit it in certain spots. To hit the front, you need to hit the front, and back, you must hit the very edge of the padding, to hit the button. Now one thing I can't solve is what the big buttons in the center of the pad do. Right now, it looks like it does the front button's command, however, it could very well be both buttons. I played both Metroid Prime, and SSBM to test these out, and yes, it is possible to play using them, though not really. The problem is, there's no way of moving with the bongos, unless there is something I have yet to discover.
Now the question is...
Besides Donkey Konga, are there any games that do not require movement, and only operate with the A, B, X, Y, Start, and R buttons? I found it sorta possibly to play SSBM, however, once you get hit by an attack, you're in trouble, so that's no fun.

Questions? Comments?

Nothing but a Conservippie.

Edited by - Meowrik on 11/4/2004 2:19:18 PM
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 06:42:23 PM »
Certain Wario Ware microgames would work, then.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 08:34:09 PM »
Hope you didn't break anything because this information has been known for about a year.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 11:36:11 PM »
I have a third party set of bongos too.  I wonder if the same is true.  Also, when I tested my Nintendo bongos, they had no effect on the game I was using.  What game did you use?

A year?  Has it been THAT long?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 02:22:28 PM »
Wow, that was the worst hyperbole ever, Megabyte. The game's been out for little over a month, and obviously it hasn't been known by many people 'cause everyone besides you that I've told this to hasn't known this.

Anywho, I tested it out on SSBM and Metroid Prime, Luigison.

Nothing but a Conservippie.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 03:49:37 PM »
Worst hyperbole ever? Hahaha, that's a good one in itself, but the ߥTE probably is using info from Japanese pre-release stuff, which would be about a year ago. Good job finding out for yourself though. Do you have multiple bongos, yet? The game gets about 4x better with multiplayer, otherwise it's just a mediocre rhythm game (albiet with a few Nintendo songs).

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 04:25:39 PM »
What LD said.
A simple search for "konga button mapping" on Google would give that info.  It's on Gamefaqs, and was posted on LikSang last December.

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 05:56:52 PM »
That sounds pretty cool; I'll  go try that out and get some rythym into my WarioWare/

BTW, has anybody else noticed that if you hit both the left and right drums, it counts only whichever is the right one, making all JAM modes 10 times easier?!?

"I could have more fun watching paint dry...
C''mon Blue! Dry Blue! C''mon!"
-The Decline of Video Gaming
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

Print