Print

Author Topic: Signatures...  (Read 9255 times)

megamush

• Infinite member error
« on: December 09, 2007, 06:44:03 PM »
I was wondering how and why you chose your signature to be your signature.

Like mine, it is "Remember that time when you picked up your very first video game... well neither do I" I was just thinking of what mine could be, so I thought of this.

P.S. Hey Lizard Dude, where did you get your signature, it looks familiar...
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 07:13:50 PM »
This was a friend's away message and I thought it had a powerful meaning.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 07:14:39 PM »
I've got a thing for aphorisms, and this is one. It applies to lots of things, but specifically...

Okay Nintendo, you've had your fun with Wii Play and Brain Age--now go make to making real games. 'Cause, well... I've enjoyed just about as much of this as I can stand.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 07:22:12 PM »
An excerpt from a false history of development of a non-existent cartoon studio.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 07:58:49 PM »
There's already a signature thread, but anyway...  Mine is a quote from a DVD copyright warning on one of my favorite movies. 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 10:29:41 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 08:09:30 PM »
I guess I forgot what mine currently is. Let me edit my post after I make it and see it.

Edit: Oh, oh! That's right. I was kidsitting and Abby declared she wanted to make cupcakes with me, but all she had for materials was sprinkles. I asked if she had any cupcake mix or something and she went over to get hamburger buns saying "look! bread!" and I said, "Uhhh, I'm sorry, but you can't make cupcakes out of hamburger buns." To her mother, who had not yet left the house: "Hey! Is it normal to make cupcakes out of hamburger buns here?" "No! Make cookies instead, honey." "I thought not." I don't normally quote myself, but...

I must say, I absolutely HATE sigs that acknowledge that the bit of text is a sig. Things like "insert sig here" or "witty signature," or even "Something funny belongs here." They. Just. Drive. Me. MAD. Come up with something CREATIVE that's actually funny!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 08:14:06 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 08:40:40 PM »
From the "About TMK" page...
Remember stomping your first Goomba? Remember being amazed when Mario touched that Mushroom and grew bigger? Remember miscalculating your jump and falling down that pit?
...translated to Japanese and back to English.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 09:13:11 PM »
Mine is a quote from a fanfic that I wrote. Yeah. It's kinda advertising. I should think about grabbing a few more quotes and switch between them weekly or something.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 10:46:47 PM »
Usually, people explain their signatures in the New Sig thread, but not everybody uses it.

An ermine says the one I'm using currently.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 10:49:27 PM »
TEM said the line that is now my sig, as one can clearly tell. I believe the conversation came about when Rao was working with a .wav file, and we were all pointing out that they were large files and not good for internet uploading.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 11:25:31 PM »
An ermine says the one I'm using currently.
Negima! reference?

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 11:41:36 PM »
Mine comes from a Treasure game called Dynamite Headdy.  It's written on some rockets (manned with cheering soldiers) in the shoot 'em up stage.
I use it cause it's an awesome little phrase from an awesome game, and it also expresses my love of the Moon.
Mmm... Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 01:24:42 AM »
Negima! reference?
Right on the dot, WarpRattler!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 12:57:09 PM »
Mine's from the SMG development team second interview.

It struck me as words to live by.

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 01:02:42 PM »
My current signature is a short quote from the Redwall novel "Legend of Luke", I just thought it was hilarious that a quirk of hare speech was finally acknowledged.
I think only a few will get the reference though.
You didn't say wot wot.

Print