Print

Author Topic: Waiting for Deezer to update Fan Art section....  (Read 13760 times)

« on: April 06, 2003, 11:36:49 AM »
I have 21 some files worhty of being in the Fan Art section, and am waiting for the message on the main page to say: "Finally updated the Fanart Section." What a joyous day that shall be!!
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2003, 12:48:45 PM »
I'm still waiting for the images section to be updated. What's the most recent game updated? Yoshi's Story, I think? (And I know he has images from SMS--I saw them in the news section back before the game came out.)

BTW, Deezer, I have a whole bunch of sprites I'm willing to donate to the Mariopedia, particularly from SMRPG. Just tell me what you need, and if I have it, I'll give it to you.
(BTW, how exactly would I be ABLE to give it to you? The files are saved to my computer, but aren't on the internet.) Email me, please.

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2003, 02:58:31 PM »
Most e-mail writing things have an attach option where you can put things with your e-mails, like pictures, movies, music, sound effects and much more. Just look around when writing an e-mail.  

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2003, 03:09:05 PM »
Thanks. I figured it was something like that, but I've never attached a picture, etc., so I wasn't sure.

--------------------
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2003, 05:30:27 PM »
Okay, I just tested it by emailing to my other address. It works, and was so EASY! Thank you!

So, Deezer, should I email it to you, or to the mailbag? (Of course, tell me anything you need specifically; I don't know if you have any sprites that AREN'T in the Mariopedia. If you don't, I'll just fill in the missing sprites in it that I have.)

--------------------

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2003, 11:57:21 PM »
I first told Deez in the Mailbag that I had Paper Mario sprites available, and he later e-mailed me regarding those. You could try just sending a message about having them to his e-mail address. Or you could wait to see if he replies on this topic. (If he doesn't, I can let him know through IM next time I see him online.)

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2003, 06:45:12 PM »
Thats a good idea! I think I'll do that!!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2003, 05:22:11 PM »
Well, I just beat Wind Waker, and have started working on WTMK. The fan art will most likely be next. Probably.

Sapphira: Thanks, but we've got all the SMRPG sprites already.

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2003, 05:49:59 PM »
Cool! I think can barely contain my excitement! EEEE!!!

Mama Mia! ''Samatta you?!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2003, 07:58:05 PM »
Okay, cool! Well, 'nuff said. I guess you don't need my help after all. If you need any help in the future, I'll see what I can do.

--------------------

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2003, 05:56:34 PM »
AHHHH!!! Deezer updated WTMK! Next is... wait for it.... FAN ART!!!!!!!!!!(Hopefully)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2003, 11:15:08 PM »
Hmm, perhaps I should send in the "Goomba Patrol" pic I did a while back...

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2003, 08:26:16 AM »
Sigh...I need a scanner to send in my artwork. I do mine on paper vs on the comp. Computer art--when using just Paint--makes it look so ameteur when you're an expert artist...
 What I'd really like to do is scan one of my drawings and inhance it on the comp. But alas...my beautiful Paint Shop Pro has vanished (lousy 30 day trial...then they take it away from you once you get hooked. So cruel...and 75 bucks.) Sigh... Hmm, maybe I should do what my good ol' sig says.

--------------------
If things don't go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.

Edited by - Sapphira on 4/11/2003 7:30:00 AM

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2003, 02:35:29 PM »
I have some scans, plus some that I made on the computer, And I don't think these look like amature drawings. Once you see mine, you might wonder why I only had a "B" in art. Funny thing I think is my drawings look good on the computer with which I use my right hand to draw when drawing on paper, I'm a lefty. Funny thing, that. On another note: Who wants a sample set of my artwork? Really Cheap! FREE!! Plus its a zip so you get ta figure that out too.

Edited by - Dairy King on 4/11/2003 1:39:10 PM

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2003, 03:54:57 PM »
I'll buy.

My e-mail's in my profile.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2003, 05:46:39 PM »
You're a lefty and in art? Sweet! So am I! ^_^
I'll see your artwork. email's in the profile.

No, I can do art on the simple paint program, but it's REALLY time consuming to get things to look the way you want.

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2003, 07:00:10 PM »
Well I was in art. The stuff they do in Art 1 is tough! I was only in it in eight grade. But I think I woulda had an "A" if I could stop rubbing my hand in the graphite and smearing it.(I draw left to right, making it difficult to not smear it.) I had the best final drawing out of my class, possible cause I actually practiced it. We had to draw an animal! I drew a eagle cause I thought it looked tough... Well enough about me, I'll get to work sending those files.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2003, 07:15:47 PM »
Yeah, being a lefty has some disadvantages. Actually, I've been in art class for as long as any school I've been in had it. Right now I'm a Junior in a Senior art class! (It was honors, but then I switched to reg cuz it had too many deadlines.) ^_^

My artwork won first place in my school's art calendar! Yay! Mine's the front picture! ^_^  It's a charcoal drawing of a photograph I took of Vernal Falls in Yosemite. (Sorry, every once in a while I like to brag.)*grins innocently*

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2003, 07:25:55 PM »
I graduated with art honors, but I don't know why.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2003, 07:45:49 PM »
Hey, Dairy King, those are pretty good! The best, I think, are Link vs Gannondorf, The Gang, and Walking Luigi. *sigh* Now I REALLY wanna get a scanner so I can put up mine... It's not fair...  :(

--------------------

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2003, 08:23:54 PM »
The Man in Green and Wario With a Bag O' Money was two of my very first ones I drew on my computer(well, the ones that I really tried on.), so thats why they don't look as good.

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2003, 08:24:43 PM »
Well I want to brag too. My Eagle drawing is so good, most people mistake it for a picture.

Edited by - Dairy King on 4/11/2003 7:29:01 PM

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2003, 10:01:53 PM »
I was just struck by inpiration! Now I am drawing! Wait till you see!!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2003, 10:06:26 PM »
Hey, I've been drawing too, since I can't really do anything else. Uuhhh... I want to show people!!! I have an entire binder filled w/ Nintendo art. The scetches are always best, vs in colored pencil.

--------------------

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2003, 05:27:09 PM »
Well, I'm having some of my art scanned, and are waiting to see how they turn out! Sigh.... Still no update..

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2003, 07:41:45 PM »
*Sigh* I'd LOVE to become a Mario (character) artist... but I am TERRIBLE at drawing animate objects. I can't even trace them right.

And I WAS a lefty in drawing/writing, but my grandpa who thought lefties were evil (I'm serious here) manged to SOMEHOW switch me to writing right-handed. (Though I write left-handed just as (il)legibly, but at about 1/3 the rate.)

I still golf left handed though. And eat left-handed. Actually, everything except writing, racket sports and billiards I do left-handed.

PS: Does anyone know of a site where I can learn to draw Mario characters? Thanks.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2003, 08:17:39 PM »
Well, you could search through Ask.com. They might have a way to do that. All I can suggest to get good at drawing Mario things is to do it non-stop, like me.(Seriously! I couldnt draw half as good as I do now if I didn't do it all the time!)
I just made a new animation!! It is so cool!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2003, 12:06:20 AM »
Well, I know of a book (It's listed somewhere here on TMK), something like "How to Draw Nintendo Heroes and Villains," I believe.

I'm right-handed, but I'm pretty good at doing most stuff with my left hand, too, just slower. But then, my left arm isn't anywhere near as strong as my right.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 4/12/2003 11:06:57 PM
That was a joke.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2003, 03:08:24 AM »
Man, I'd really like to see your art, Sapphira.  It's a shame you don't have a scanner.
And Dairy King, I'm sure I've seen those pictures of yours online somewhere...  I think my favorite is the walking Luigi.  Though the Link vs. Ganondorf one was pretty cool, I lean more towards Mario-based.

I've always liked Nintendo fan art.  Of any shape or form, I'm always eager to see it.

And I understand the inability in animate objects, Insane Steve.  I took that stance for the longest time, 'till I saw how to outline characters as a whole and then refine them...  kinda.  I'm still none too confident in my abilities; I can't draw humans worth beans.  But I've been getting pretty good at drawing Yoshi.  (non-real characters are good because you don't have to follow any specific rules of proportion!  Kweh!)

Oh, and I'm right-handed, for what it's worth.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2003, 08:07:55 AM »
I sent in a funny photo from SSBM about maybe... 5 months ago and I still don't see it!

Everybody has the right to stupidity, but you''re abusing the privilage.
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2003, 12:05:00 PM »
Did you see them on my website? 'Cause if not, someone is stealing my thoughts or my pictures... I sue! I sue!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2003, 12:16:05 PM »
Yeah... It was probably your website.  That would make sense, wouldn't it?

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2003, 01:12:49 PM »
The main trick I've learned to draw Mario characters is to look at the renders (like in instruction manuals, Nintendo Power, or online) and try to get the image in proportion to what they look like. It makes all the difference in the world while looking at a pic (even though not necessarily copying it.)
Just last year I used to only be okay at drawing them, but now I've actually (nearly) perfected them! Yay! Some actually look like they could be renders!  :)

--------------------

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2003, 02:27:54 PM »
Yes.... I guess drawing imaginary characters is a bit easier. I mean, even if you mess up really badly, you can say something like: "My style is quite different that most people" and people wouldn't care.

I should try it sometime. Maybe. If all my judgmental shallow classmates stop caring about what you do with your life I WOULD try it.

~I.S.~

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2003, 04:06:49 PM »
I think its good to have an original style! Take Toasy 64's style of drawing the Mario characters, which have the giant(sometimes, in my opinion, almost too large) anime style eyes. I go more for the traditional Mario look.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2003, 06:46:56 PM »
I just finished drawing another picture. I'm so happy with it! ^_^ It's of Yoshi. He's so cute! ^_^
BTW, by what I meant earlier is that renders of the characters can help you get a better perception of them at different angles. Although sometimes copying renders is okay, I prefer originality (which is what usually I try to do.) Although I may not have a 'style', I do try to make the characters as realistic (if that's the right word to use) as possible to their appearance.

--------------------

Edited by - Sapphira on 4/13/2003 5:52:14 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2003, 08:43:02 PM »
"Faithful," perhaps?
That's what I try to do as well.

That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2003, 12:43:15 PM »
I just finished another picture! (Wow, not having anything to do really brings out my creative side! lol) This one's of Daisy. I think she looks a bit too realistic/non-cartoony, though. But I think it turned out really nicely.

--------------------

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2003, 12:36:17 AM »
I could draw loads of pictures of the fan art section,but i havent got a printer!

Im all screwed up.No,my life hasnt gone wrong,i''ve just held a screw attack item for more than 30 seconds!
Find your inner monkey.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2003, 12:43:44 PM »
Go figure. You don't have a printer, I don't have a scanner. Sigh... Wait, I didn't think you needed a printer to get fanart up. Do you?

--------------------

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2003, 12:20:28 AM »
No.
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2003, 07:30:02 PM »
And the true irony is, I'm too lazy to do fan art, and I have a printer, copier, and scanner!

Of course, I scanned a level of Lemmings I drew to test it.... and the scanner came out kind of blocky. Ah well.

Still, someday I'm going to learn how to draw Mario characters. Eventually.

~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2003, 08:10:40 PM »
Well, all it takes is lots and lots of practice, and of course determination and obsession. (Well, in order to get REALLY REALLY good.) I've been drawing Nintendo characters ohhh....I think since about 4th grade... age 9. I'll be 17 in September, and I STILL could improve. (Not to brag, but I'm *almost* perfect at it. Now if only I could draw without visual aid...)  ;)

--------------------

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2003, 09:36:25 PM »
If I try without looking at a piece of production art, Mario (or whoever) comes out all out of proportion and it looks terrible.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2003, 09:41:12 PM »
That's what happened to me until about...last summer, I think. Then again, as I said, keep practicing; you'll get it eventually. (I was THRILLED when I finally was able to get characters to look accurate and in proportion.)  :)

--------------------

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2003, 02:57:58 AM »
I meant a scanner! sorry everyone!

Im all screwed up.No,my life hasnt gone wrong,i''ve just held a screw attack item for more than 30 seconds!
Find your inner monkey.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2003, 01:24:09 PM »
I've started the fan art update. There's something like 120 files to add.

Dairy King: Did you already send your art to me? I don't see anything from you.

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2003, 05:28:51 PM »
I may have sent some with my old e-mail address. super_mario123187@yahoo.com? One was of Wario, relaxing in a lawn chair. Oh well.
I just got some of my art scanned.(including 5 of Mario characters, the others were of Link and Samus) I've also been drawing alot too. I drew one of Wario in a Zuit(zoot?) suit, and one of Toad. Most of my time as of late has been spent on a History project. But my teacher told us that this isn't the big one. I can't wait to find out what the "big one" is.(not.)

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2003, 05:39:59 PM »
Deezer, should I send you my art in a zipped file? If so just let me know. It would be alot easier on me.(and maybe you. I dunno.)

Once, I saw a flower, and I picked it, and I smiled, and I ran, and I skipped, and then I fell, and I cried. But then I saw the flower again so I picked it up and I smiled and I ran and...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2003, 10:18:50 PM »
Zoot, I believe.
That was a joke.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2003, 12:18:18 AM »
Dairy King: Oh, I've got one from that address ("SMB Movie"). Go ahead and send that zip file to tmk_fans@kontek.net please, thanks.

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2003, 05:51:29 PM »
Yep, thats the one. I'll send my zip soon, too.
I'm getting some of my art scanned!! Hooray!

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2003, 07:36:57 PM »
Uhh... My zip isn't small enough to be sent through yahoo. I could get some of the excess stuff, so it would fit. It still would be pretty big. Is that OK?

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2003, 09:51:13 PM »
Hey, ho every body! I'm getting even more of my art scanned! Hip hip, hooray!

Uggghh... The past week has been spent doing a world history project. Very, Very time consuming. I haven't gotten a chance really to draw anything. I almost have it done, and if I don't get an "A" on it, my mom is gonna go into my school and tear my teacher a new one. Heh, funny that. If I can, I'll try and get pictures and post them on my website, so you all can see the glory that is the Battle of the Bludge. I know this has nothing to do with my topic, but I'm so darned excited 'bout this project!
I used styrofoam boards as a base,(to represent the snow on the ground) and green and tan(painted of course!) army men. Ahh.. almost done...

CONGRATULATIONS!
The absolute incarnation of evil, Adolf Hitler, lies in a pool of his own blood. His wrinkled, crimson splattered visage still strains, a jagged- toothed rictus trying to cry out. Insane even in death. Your lips pinched in bitter victory, you kick his head off his remains and spit on his corpse.
-Wolfenstein 3d, 3rd Episode

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2003, 01:04:16 AM »
Dairy King, I received a zip file with 32 pictures. If there is more on the way, just cut down the zip file sizes if Yahoo gives you trouble.

By the way, I'm about half-way through the fan art update, although I haven't had much time to work on it.

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2003, 03:00:41 PM »
No problem. And theres about 5 or 6 more that I'm getting scanned.. Maybe in a week I'll send them.

CONGRATULATIONS!
The absolute incarnation of evil, Adolf Hitler, lies in a pool of his own blood. His wrinkled, crimson splattered visage still strains, a jagged- toothed rictus trying to cry out. Insane even in death. Your lips pinched in bitter victory, you kick his head off his remains and spit on his corpse.
-Wolfenstein 3d, 3rd Episode

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2003, 07:12:49 PM »
Oh good glavin! I found some of my art that had been missing for ohhh... about three months. I also drew a original picture of Mario swinging a beam sabre(the one from SSBM). I was also working on a one of Luigi, but its not looking all that good. I think I'll just pitch it.

On a completly different note,
Sapphira: Are you planning on sending your fan fic to Deezer? I think you should.
Deezer: Have you read Sapphira's fan fic? You really should!

I am poetry in motion. You are gibberish in neutral.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2003, 07:19:35 PM »
I don't know. I've been thinking about it. But it might be a bit too controversial to actually be posted on the site. If members of the TMK staff like it, though....

--------------------

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2003, 05:08:58 AM »
So send it in to someone and we'll see. I think.
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2003, 08:00:22 AM »
Or you could just read it here on the Story Boards. It's called "The Prophecy."
Anyway, if I were to send it in (which is a VERY big if), I'd rather wait 'til it's complete. At least Part 1, anyway. The story gets grittier as it goes on to the other parts.

--------------------

« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2003, 04:54:05 PM »
HA HA!! I got a 100% on my history project!(the one mentioned earlier in topic) I had one of the best looking ones, and to add to that, I got a higher score than my friend, whos like twice as smart as me.

I am poetry in motion. You are gibberish in neutral.

« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2003, 10:11:33 PM »
Hey Deezer this is Shawne Vinson I have fan art too. Can send you? I create a character for Lady Bow's family is her daughter. Then you had to updating me okay?

Shawne Vinson

Edited by - Shawne20 on 5/2/2003 9:15:05 PM

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2003, 12:45:50 AM »
I think I got that one from you already. Well, the one you sent was a green Boo or something.

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2003, 04:44:21 PM »
How many weeks as you update me Deezer?

Shawne Vinson

Edited by - Shawne20 on 5/3/2003 3:48:56 PM

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2003, 04:45:25 PM »
Hey how bout Ribbon's wear a fashion hat my art?

Shawne Vinson

Edited by - Shawne20 on 5/3/2003 3:50:45 PM

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2003, 12:08:48 PM »
Woohoo! Fan Art updated!! Oh, Dairy King, I saw your SMB Movie pic. It's really good! :)

Gaaaahhh!! I need a scanner!!
Anyhoo, this is off topic again, but you know how Dairy King mentioned my fan fic? Has anyone (of the TMK staff) read it yet? I'd rather you read it here and then have me submit it. Part 1 is complete, so if the staff likes it, I'll submit it. :)

Oh, and several other people have started posting their fan fics (namely Insane Steve and Bluto). You should also read those when you get the chance. :)

--------------------

« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2003, 09:58:33 PM »
I know Bluto started... I live wit' him. Thanks for the praise!! I can't wait to have my other stuff put up. They're much, much better.

U.S. X-Box Controller- Doubles as an anchor for sea-worthy crafts.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2003, 11:52:52 PM »
Hmm... I have a fanart entitled "Goomba Patrol"... I wonder if I should submit it... and no, it's not Goombas, it's the good guys beating the Goombas up...

Edited by - Chupperson WEIRD on 5/18/2003 10:53:17 PM
That was a joke.

Print