Print

Author Topic: Waiting for Deezer to update Fan Art section....  (Read 13554 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2003, 05:46:39 PM »
You're a lefty and in art? Sweet! So am I! ^_^
I'll see your artwork. email's in the profile.

No, I can do art on the simple paint program, but it's REALLY time consuming to get things to look the way you want.

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2003, 07:00:10 PM »
Well I was in art. The stuff they do in Art 1 is tough! I was only in it in eight grade. But I think I woulda had an "A" if I could stop rubbing my hand in the graphite and smearing it.(I draw left to right, making it difficult to not smear it.) I had the best final drawing out of my class, possible cause I actually practiced it. We had to draw an animal! I drew a eagle cause I thought it looked tough... Well enough about me, I'll get to work sending those files.
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2003, 07:15:47 PM »
Yeah, being a lefty has some disadvantages. Actually, I've been in art class for as long as any school I've been in had it. Right now I'm a Junior in a Senior art class! (It was honors, but then I switched to reg cuz it had too many deadlines.) ^_^

My artwork won first place in my school's art calendar! Yay! Mine's the front picture! ^_^  It's a charcoal drawing of a photograph I took of Vernal Falls in Yosemite. (Sorry, every once in a while I like to brag.)*grins innocently*

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2003, 07:25:55 PM »
I graduated with art honors, but I don't know why.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2003, 07:45:49 PM »
Hey, Dairy King, those are pretty good! The best, I think, are Link vs Gannondorf, The Gang, and Walking Luigi. *sigh* Now I REALLY wanna get a scanner so I can put up mine... It's not fair...  :(

--------------------

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2003, 08:23:54 PM »
The Man in Green and Wario With a Bag O' Money was two of my very first ones I drew on my computer(well, the ones that I really tried on.), so thats why they don't look as good.

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2003, 08:24:43 PM »
Well I want to brag too. My Eagle drawing is so good, most people mistake it for a picture.

Edited by - Dairy King on 4/11/2003 7:29:01 PM

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2003, 10:01:53 PM »
I was just struck by inpiration! Now I am drawing! Wait till you see!!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2003, 10:06:26 PM »
Hey, I've been drawing too, since I can't really do anything else. Uuhhh... I want to show people!!! I have an entire binder filled w/ Nintendo art. The scetches are always best, vs in colored pencil.

--------------------

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2003, 05:27:09 PM »
Well, I'm having some of my art scanned, and are waiting to see how they turn out! Sigh.... Still no update..

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2003, 07:41:45 PM »
*Sigh* I'd LOVE to become a Mario (character) artist... but I am TERRIBLE at drawing animate objects. I can't even trace them right.

And I WAS a lefty in drawing/writing, but my grandpa who thought lefties were evil (I'm serious here) manged to SOMEHOW switch me to writing right-handed. (Though I write left-handed just as (il)legibly, but at about 1/3 the rate.)

I still golf left handed though. And eat left-handed. Actually, everything except writing, racket sports and billiards I do left-handed.

PS: Does anyone know of a site where I can learn to draw Mario characters? Thanks.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2003, 08:17:39 PM »
Well, you could search through Ask.com. They might have a way to do that. All I can suggest to get good at drawing Mario things is to do it non-stop, like me.(Seriously! I couldnt draw half as good as I do now if I didn't do it all the time!)
I just made a new animation!! It is so cool!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2003, 12:06:20 AM »
Well, I know of a book (It's listed somewhere here on TMK), something like "How to Draw Nintendo Heroes and Villains," I believe.

I'm right-handed, but I'm pretty good at doing most stuff with my left hand, too, just slower. But then, my left arm isn't anywhere near as strong as my right.

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 4/12/2003 11:06:57 PM
That was a joke.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2003, 03:08:24 AM »
Man, I'd really like to see your art, Sapphira.  It's a shame you don't have a scanner.
And Dairy King, I'm sure I've seen those pictures of yours online somewhere...  I think my favorite is the walking Luigi.  Though the Link vs. Ganondorf one was pretty cool, I lean more towards Mario-based.

I've always liked Nintendo fan art.  Of any shape or form, I'm always eager to see it.

And I understand the inability in animate objects, Insane Steve.  I took that stance for the longest time, 'till I saw how to outline characters as a whole and then refine them...  kinda.  I'm still none too confident in my abilities; I can't draw humans worth beans.  But I've been getting pretty good at drawing Yoshi.  (non-real characters are good because you don't have to follow any specific rules of proportion!  Kweh!)

Oh, and I'm right-handed, for what it's worth.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2003, 08:07:55 AM »
I sent in a funny photo from SSBM about maybe... 5 months ago and I still don't see it!

Everybody has the right to stupidity, but you''re abusing the privilage.
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

Print