Print

Author Topic: Motion to make Trainnman a mod  (Read 13584 times)

« on: September 28, 2003, 05:04:39 PM »
I know this is not sounding like be but he has done really good. I know that's he wasn't here very long, but Sapphira was a newbie too when she turned into a mod. I think the TMK Fungi Forums would do alot better with him as a mod. He may not be a Mario freak that much but he will be a great mod.

It''s ah me marioguy!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2003, 07:25:38 PM »
Hey I think Sadib's trying to trick us... He's trying to trick us all! Head for the hills!

Only a fool scoffs at the laws of Ushido. *Takes out Katana* The might of righteousness will overcome the wrath of evil. *Eats slice of Pizza* My cause is worthy. Meow! I am the Samurai Pizza Cat!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2003, 07:31:29 PM »
Thank you, Sadib100. Wait, I am a Mario freak! Yes, I am a true newbie and have been relativly nice to everybody. I have apologized also for every stupid thing I may have done here. I don't wanna brag, but I think I would make a well mod here at the forums. I'll finally turn into an active member once Sapphira updates the list. I'm also the kind of person who'll be here for a LOOOOONG time. So if mod, I will always be here. If you do say yes, I thank all who are saying yes.

Stupid inventions- Ejector seat for helicopters.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2003, 07:42:10 PM »
I guess I won't say anymore about this because people are already freakin' out and jumping on my case about it. I'm guessing that those people would think I would be a horrible mod. Well no sir, if I am mod AND admin at Jon's place and Wheel Kirby's place, I see no reason why you people would think I would be a horrible mod.

Thanks a lot, whatever...

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2003, 08:56:22 PM »
I wonder if Deezer would ever consider adding new moderators...if so, I would LOVE to be one.

Only a fool scoffs at the laws of Ushido. *Takes out Katana* The might of righteousness will overcome the wrath of evil. *Eats slice of Pizza* My cause is worthy. Meow! I am the Samurai Pizza Cat!
= = = = = = =

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2003, 09:00:46 PM »
Trainman would be a decent moderator, but we already have good moderators, in my opinion. Therefore, since there are no mod spaces open at this time, Trainman will most likely not become a moderator, unless someone suddenly withdraws.
Moderation isn't democratic. It's chosen and that's all.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2003, 03:47:03 PM »
Meowrio doesn't deserve to be a mod because he always post useless topics.

It''s ah me marioguy!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2003, 05:19:09 PM »
Well, I concur, Trainman would be a good moderator ... problem being that each board may only have one moderator thanks to the format. Plus, the board isn't a great deal active... I mean, daily, there's about 20 topics updated on GMc, about 5-10 on General, and 10 total on the other three.

Trainman would be a good mod in the future, when one of the mods leaves the boards. Nowadays, however, I think the mods are fine as is.

Although I MIGHT have an idea to make Trainman able to edit others posts WITHOUT making him a mod...

Stupid Quotes: (4th edition)
"Leningrad? Wasn`t that named after John Lennon?"
~Kid in my 10th grade Ancient History class (he passed with a C, too)
~I.S.~

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2003, 10:55:09 PM »
Thanks all who want me to be a mod or who are saying that I would make a good mod. Yes, I feel like I would make a good mod here, but if I can't get a position, maybe I could just be mod at the chatroom, er.. I mean operator. When the ops happen to be busy or something, I could be there. I VERY rarely leave the computer for anything, so I would be on patrol pretty much the whole time I was here. Yeah, that would be cool...
Also, when some kind of offense occurs, or if there is an inappropiate comment to someone or about something, some ops don't even care. You know that we have younger audiences there, and other people who are older but don't tolerate anything like that.

The problem that bothers me the most, is that how some people at the TMK chatroom think I'm just a little kid who doesn't deserve to be an op. But, the heck with it. If anybody has a problem with it, please tell me what any problems would be.

(We're actually having problems in the chatroom right as I speak.)

Trouble makers that have made offenses that I and others have seen but no op has doen nothing about it:

Jon- *Usernames* Hugepost, Shadowz, yay, Jon.

He'll behave normally then be hyper, then the cycle repeats. Doing the "yay-ing" and saying inappropiate comments when he knows people don't tolerate it. People have told him to stop, but he won't, and if he's kicked, he'll just come right back until he is threatened with a ban.

Vorticon- We don't know exactly if he is Marioguy/Sadib100/Killa of PS2, but he CERTAINLY acts like him. Same thing with the inappropiate comments and sometimes even flaming. He'll keep coming back for a while, but then stop after a little bit. He always uses that nickname, so he's not hard to spot.

OUR BIGGEST PROBLEM:
Sadib100- *Usernames* yay, Sadib100, Sadib200, Sadib300, & up, and sometimes he'll just bash in a bunch of letters on the keyboard like this, "ghasfdhafda."

Flames periodically, nothing but inappropiate comments, "yay-ing," etc. I will not be surprised if he swears at the chatroom, which I think he may have already. Nothing but trouble in the short time he stays.

Right now, those are people who cause trouble that i and others have spotted. If I am forced to get witnesses to this junk, then by all means I will.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2003, 09:12:43 AM »
Actually, Deezer, Trainman can have my op spot that you said you'd give to all the forum moderators. I don't foresee myself going to the chatroom any time soon, anyways.

Stupid Quotes: (5th edition)
"I`d like to buy a vowel. An N?"
~Contestant on "Wheel of Fortune"
~I.S.~

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2003, 04:22:01 PM »
Then that means Im going to be kicked more often.

Looks like Ill have to add an iron/steel brick to my butt.......

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2003, 04:26:02 PM »
Thanks again for giving up your op spot, Insane Steve, but Deezer won't let me be a full time op. I don't know why though. Strangely, I would only be a part time op between the hours of 4AM-noon, so if I can't do that, then I'm no op. So, there's an op spot open that has been given up to me that I can't have for some reason.
*sigh* Whatever... not worthy enough yet, I assume.
I wouldn't really want a mod spot here at the forums unless someone suddenly left, but I was really aiming for an op spot at the chatroom.  I had the opportunity since Insane Steve gave it up to me, (Thanks!) but Deezer won't let me have it. It's not because he thinks I'm a little brat who doesn't deserve it, it's soemthing else that is beyond me. Hmm...

Oh, and Sadib, you spelled my name wrong, man. It's "Trainman," not "Trainnman." Just to let you know.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2003, 10:03:21 PM »
I guess I'm not gonna be op. I can't gain approval, but I can't keep on bugging him because that hinders my already lowering chances even more. I can't afford that.

Time, I guess, will grant me approval... let's hope...

Edited by - Trainman on 10/7/2003 9:39:12 PM

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2003, 01:35:00 AM »
When did this occur?
We already have Mods,good ones too.
We don't need any more unless one leaves AND Deezer gives them the 'go' to be a Mod.

**LATEST HEADLINES!!!** Luigi''s Mansion Robbed * Wario''s game a total failure * Daisy reveals she dosen''t own a castle at all * Waluigi reveals he hates Luigi just for $45 he didn''t owe him *MORE NEWS AT 10!

Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2003, 10:23:26 AM »
Has there even been one mod that has resigned yet? I think they should give Trainman a go if a moderator leaves. ;)

------------------------------
The Muffins, they''''re watching!
"Smash anyone and anything that gets in your way!"-Falco, Star Fox: Assault

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2003, 09:07:25 PM »
Yes; Watoad resigned, and let Lizard Dude take his place.
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2003, 03:17:35 PM »
Trainman= Half-Op at chatroom... once Deezer comes today. Deezer, who has awarded me this position, and all who have complimented me, I thank you all!

In Sapphira's words: Warm fuzzies for all! ;P

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2003, 03:45:09 PM »
Want my answer?NO!>X(

I always have the latest info.Did you know that marioguy is evil?
 I always have the latest info.Did you know that I farted?PPPPPPHHHHMmmmmmmmmhhh!!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2003, 04:53:13 PM »
No, as in I wouldn't make a good mod or op? Well, be quiet.

I would love for you, stupidmonkey, to try and be mod... then be a BETTER mod.

Could you give me a reason why you are against me being mod, please?

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2003, 10:26:42 PM »
Geez i was kidding.Thanx.I just wanted to see if this was still running.Yeah why not your cool.

I always have the latest info.Did you know that there was a Super Nintendo?
 I always have the latest info.Did you know that I farted?PPPPPPHHHHMmmmmmmmmhhh!!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2003, 10:41:55 PM »
Okay then. I am half-op at the chatroom right now. Woo!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2003, 05:38:25 PM »
Well, Meowrik, we should kiss our half-op positions goodbye for VERY STUPID REASONS.

A few people kept swearing knowing we had younger folks there, but there was no talking to him. MegaByte defended these people who did this. I would have never thought MB would do that and go against us. Basically, in my eyes MB, you defended the people who kept swearing, etc., while you were giving crap to Meowrik and I about him not doing anything bad, as if it offended no one. Well, it did offend people.

I infer that you just tried to convince Deezer that it was ALL the half-ops' fault. I want a good reason for what you did, MB.

We followed Deezer's rules from the beginning. Those rules included no swearing, flooding, etc.

Deezer NEVER CHANGED the rules. If he did all of the sudden, we had NO knowledge of it whatsoever and he would've told us. When we tried to confront and kick those offenders, you were INSTANTLY all over us. When we tried to ban them for their continous offenses, you just went crazy toward us. If I would have KNOWN that Deezer changed the rules all of the sudden, then there would've been no problem. But since nobody said anything and we were trying to do our jobs, you and others were on our cases, faster than a bullet.

Again, I want a good reason from you, MB, for why you did this.

"Oh, I''m such and idiot." "I don''t wanna live to see the day the Earth screws up." ~Trainman

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2003, 06:48:40 PM »
MegaByte did nothing; leave him alone. The problem was that you were getting mad at people saying <censored>. It's legal to say <censored>, that's what the censor is for. These "young people" that you were valiantly protecting couldn't see anything. Television allows bleeping on TV-G shows, so why wouldn't you. You hops were getting too dang trippy with your power and needed to be stopped. It made the chatroom a better place for all. Too many cooks spoil the broth. Don't let losing a half-op position on an IRC chatroom for a Mario site on the Internet ruin your day. It sure wouldn't ruin mine.

I’m not stupid, I’m LD.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2003, 07:26:08 PM »
There is no reasoning with people here r at the chatroom.

Well, if some of the people who were doing that would've stayed, I would've told them that I really didn't give a care if they did do the <censor> thing, but they kept leaving knowing I was there and Meowrik. I seriously don't care much for what they do, just as long as it's not directed towards me. But some was and even MB started in on the swearing towards Meowrik and me. We couldn't reason with folks because they just kept interrupting when we talked or had some stupid comment about it.

I am not asking for my position back. All I wanted was a reason from MEGABYTE AND DEEZER, only. It really bothers me how some of the operators and chatters assume that I'm power-happy. No, I'm just doing what I was told, by Deezer.

Plus, in the rules that I remember and the ones that Deezer told us to follow were:

No swearing
  No flooding
  No spamming
  No impersonating channel operators

May not be in the correct order as it states on the site, but those are the rules. Those are the rules I followed and when somebody breaks those rules, you must do something about it. But, when I DID do something about it, MegaByte was instantly on my case and Meowrik's, aslo. That is why I am mentioning MegaByte in this situation. I say it could POSSIBLY be considered as swearing because if it wasn't swearing, <censor> wouldn't have showed up in the first place. If you see <censor>, that obviously means that they did swear. Deezer has said nothing about the word filter to me, so until he does, I will follow the rules he told us to follow. If someone constantly swears, then that seems liek the time to take action, but if it's just a few times, oh well, it's cool. But it seems to me, that some of the chatters/operators think that I freak out when someone says one swear word. I want to reason with MegaByte and Deezer about this.

Will you give me a reason please, MegaByte, or will you just cuss at me again? Deezer, also, minus the cussing statement.

"Oh, I''m such and idiot." "I don''t wanna live to see the day the Earth screws up." ~Trainman

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2003, 08:04:40 PM »
Totally disregard my posts. An agreement has been struck and all is well at the land of the chat.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2003, 09:00:59 PM »
It is? What agreement? Why do some mor epeople have Voices now? Ie: Frozen Solid, Elzie_Ann... whatever...... I'm not gonna complain about it anymore because obviously it was just Me and Trainman against the world. Oh well. It was fun having a responsibility for a while.

I am Meowrik, the 5th Samurai Pizza Cat. My trusty Jalapeno Katana along with my Chili Claws will prove my might!
= = = = = = =

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2003, 05:14:20 PM »
Yeah...

We'll get them back eventually. Meowrik, as far as I'm concerned, MB, Frozen-Solid, Homer, and Elzie are acting better. I have seen nothing bad out of them at all... ever since the argument ended...

It seems like when we WERE hops there, we were treated like crap by pretty much everyone, but the day it gets taken away, we have a lot more respect.

Craziness, madness...

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2003, 06:05:53 PM »
Wait a minute,if we have another mod,then won't we have to make another forum kick someone out of the mod position?Well,anyway,I would like it if Trainman were a moderator.Trainman's been very kind to me,even after I played that JOKE on MarioBro64.Anyway,where is MarioBro64?Oh yeah stay on the subject.TRAINMAN FOR MODERATOR!!!!!!

Hey everyone,PS2 SUCKS![Notice the capital "S" in PS2 SUCKS because PS2 SUCKS!Also notice the capital letters in PS2 SUCKS!because PS2 SUCKS!!!

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2003, 06:09:58 PM »
Just another reason to hate Killa of PS2. Stop reviving dead topics! Trainman will never be a mod. DEAL WITH IT!!!

I''m the chef of the Fungi Forums!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2003, 01:56:42 AM »
Sadib:

1. This topic wasn't dead. It was 4th from the top.

2. Why are you telling Killa not to revive a toic when you just did? You had the last post.

3. * Trainman WILL become mod once somebody resigns, or suddenly withdraws as explained earlier by Mr. Weird here.

So quiet down a bit, Sadib.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2003, 07:35:31 PM »
I think the chatroom's Ops are pathetic! Me and Trainman are no longer Hops there for such stupid reasons. The Ops in there don't enforce rules and abuse their power! Ie: People get kicked just because the Ops can't win an argument so they kick the person. The Ops in there are irresponsible! When me and Trainman kicked people for a GOOD reason, we got yelled at and bashed. What is going on?! TH chatroom makes no sense anymore!!!!!

I am Meowrik, the 5th Samurai Pizza Cat. My trusty Jalapeno Katana along with my Chili Claws will prove my might!
= = = = = = =

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2003, 08:18:51 PM »
I think Meow-Man here has a point.

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2003, 08:24:58 PM »
Yes, I agree to Meowrik.

And I am NEVER happy in the chatroom when Sapphira is there......

(''o0o'') The Metroids will rule the world! Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2003, 08:59:36 PM »
Meowrik, a word of advice: You're hindering your chances by complaining. If you stop, you might be unbanned. I still haven't read those logs yet, so I'm still pretty much neutral.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2003, 07:14:19 PM »
By now, I should've learned that I'm not gonna win this battle. The Ops all play favorites there, so it's pretty pointless. I'm just gonna forget about this. *Erases memory of yesterday's incident* Hey guys! What am I doing in this thread?

= = = = = = =

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2003, 09:45:13 PM »
And this is why I generally try to AVOID chats. Especially IRC variatioons of chats. Since any op can kick or ban any other op for any reason, there tends to be a LOT of ban wars. And that is why I think I've been in the chat once ever, and I was PMed on RSC about it.

Stupid Quotes: (8th edition)
"Good content, but too many grammer [sic] errors."
~My AP U.S. History teacher/swimming coach, commenting on one of my essays.
~I.S.~

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2004, 09:41:20 PM »
Heh heh, hahhah hahahahahahahhaahhaHHHAAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was banned from #tmk for a while for slapping MegaByte with ol' reliable; the trout. How 'bout that?

"I do one sit-up a day. I get up in the morning; that''s half. I lay down at night; that''s the other half. I figured out a long time ago that my body was just for carrying my head from place to place." ~Mark Lowry

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2004, 12:43:45 AM »
Oh please. Much crazier things go on in #tmk now. It's not fun anymore. *Cough* Frozen-Solid *Cough*

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2004, 12:47:41 AM »
My friend banned my computer from #tmk.

I''m the "trick" in "eccentric".
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2004, 01:55:55 AM »
Um, you're unbanned form the chatroom and were just talking there the other day and actually today, so how are you banned, Markio?

"I do one sit-up a day. I get up in the morning; that''s half. I lay down at night; that''s the other half. I figured out a long time ago that my body was just for carrying my head from place to place." ~Mark Lowry

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2004, 03:38:03 PM »
He doesn't know.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2004, 08:13:59 PM »
Yeah he does. He just came a couple days ago.

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2004, 09:29:58 PM »
That wasn't him, that was a guy trying to be him.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2004, 12:11:49 AM »
jon, I know that that was Markio. This was weeks ago when Markio's friend came on and got him banned. When I requested that donotcare95 was unbanned, MegaByte unbanned Markio along with him.

The REAL Markio came a few days ago, ok?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2004, 08:59:59 PM »
I was going to post here, but I've been a bit busy.

There are two reasons for my absense from the chatroom the last month or so.

1: I've been way to busy with school. I've had two projects... and I have to study for finals. Too many things to do ruins the amount of time I have for chat.

2 (The more important reason): The reason I initally declined that op spot has come back in full force: Two personalities collide, and BAM! The chat isn't fun. This happened to me and Frozen_Solid a while back. I was an op, he accused be of being an "immature 12-year old". This really offended me, and it also appeared that David sided more with Frozen. What am I supposed to do if TMK staff doesn't side with you? And the outrage took all desire for me to return to that place away from me. The chat isn't giving me enjoyment, but it is giving me insult and feeling of worthlessness.

That is why I am inactive in the chat as of late.

Stupid Quotes: (10th Edition)
"Super Mario Sunshine is an overhyped, boring kids` game with a fruity name that got higher ratings than it deserved."
"Aaron S." - with a dishonorable mention to Electronic Gaming Monthly magazine (Issue #165, pg. 24) for printing the opinions of people who don`t deserve to have opinions.
~I.S.~

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2004, 01:53:20 PM »
I just don't have enough time.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2004, 06:43:31 PM »
Insane Steve is incredibly right. Frozen-Solid is an incredible problem in #tmk. This is why I don't go there much anymore. Fortunately, there's a secret chatroom that only a few people know about... (No, I have neither the power nor authority to reveal this information to you)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2004, 07:32:41 PM »
Boy, is Insane Steve right. Frozen-Solid is cool sometimes, but 99.5% of the time, he is offensive to all, always is swearing, and is just there to lower morale. He says he comes to talk to a few people like Hybrid-Homer, Elzie, and sometimes Sapph.

My question is why they don't make their own channel and leave us alone. Ever since he graced the doors of the chatroom and brought his little buddies, the chatroom has never been fun.

Ops don't do anything about it except the ones that ACTUALLY care. (Sapph, Chupperson, LD [if he's there].)

Attitude of ops and status 95% of the time (with hopefully no offense to you all):

Deezer- When he comes, he's usually cool. When Frozen-Solid is degrading everyone, he is usually gone or not really paying attention...

Megabyte- When he's there, which isn't often, he usually would side with Frozen although Frozen is the pretty much the whole reason the chat is miserable most of the time. Nothing really to say about him. Oh, the trout thing...

Likes to kick sometimes for no reason saying DIE a lot. Hence, DIE MODEM DIE.

David- Rarely there... never really talks, but usually only to Frozen about things. Nothing really to say about him.

Chupperson- He's a great op and actually does something when Frozen is acting stupid and terrorizing everyone. Likes to call me a foolâ„¢ a lot.

Sapphira- Also like Chupperson minus calling me a fool. Likes to type XD and >:P a lot. Also, what bothered me is when Frozen said those horrible things to Sapph surpassing the censor since he uses accents over certain letters. Yet, people still side with him...

Lizard Dude- The usual funny guy of the chat running alongside Chupperson when he's there. Hasn't been there lately though...

Mushroom Boy- The stupid bot is only funny when Deezer and other ops are saying !starfox or something; otherwise, ops try and disguise themselves with it and kick you if you don't know how to see which one is making it speak.

You can't slap...

You can say words that are censored, but if you say words that aren't censored, you're kicked for them. If you get kicked for them, they also should be censored. Ops should censor words like "that," "the," and the like so everything seems like you're swearing.

Overall, I would give the supposedly "great chatroom of TMK" a 4 out of a 10.

*Trainman punches someone* ItŒs your fault. You shouldnŒt have been sitting there.

Edited by - Trainman on 1/15/2004 4:13:40 PM

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2004, 10:08:36 AM »
Trainman, that took guts considering how much it could anger an Op/Mod. I whole-heartedly agree with Trainman. What he said in that post is 100% the truth.

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2004, 07:52:18 PM »
Just a note:

Deezer and David and MB are there every night all night, basically, but you have to be on really late.

I was gone all of Christmas break, so that explains that.

my pathetic attempts at humor are fleeting

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2004, 08:36:31 PM »
Yes, LD, hence I said Deez was there sometimes, i.e. not during the day. Also, you're not there much even in the day. That is what I was getting at.

MegaByte is usally studying or ZzZ-ing. When he's there only certain conversations stir him up.

Well, during the week from 4PM-11PM, ops are rarely there. If ops are there, they aren't paying attention to anything or busy or whatever. On the weekends, it is basically the same except the hours are different. Bascially, during the day, no one's there. During the night of 1AM-4 or 5AM, there is some conversation and barely any ops that are active. Maybe one or two actually talking, AT MOST, rarely, 3. In the morning, everyone is obviously dead because, hey, it's the weekend. So, about 96-97% of the time, there is no watchful eye of the ops. Now you can't call me a liar because that is exactly what I observe when I'm there which is basically ever day all day.

I strongly urge that hop positions are given to people who *are actually there.* No, I'm not saying "ME AND MEOW" but I am simply stating that there should be hops again. I don't care who you give it to if it's me or someone else, but just get someone in there that'll actually do something.

The chatroom is still sitting at a 4 out of 10 or maybe even a 5 now; not sure, but it is still low in my mind.

Will my suggestions even register to ops' minds? Yes, no, maybe so, but let's hope that they actually say something positive about it...

*Trainman punches someone* ItŒs your fault. You shouldnŒt have been sitting there.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2004, 09:57:06 PM »
The current Op situation is perfectly fine. An Op doesn't have to be there 24/7, it's not Fort Knox. Plus Mushroom_Boy is there to filter out some of the badguys.
What I'm trying to say is "Don't Panic".

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2004, 07:17:58 PM »
The bot is nothing but something for ops to play with. Also, it does nothing but kick people for saying "/me, trout, slap, and MegaByte" in the same sentence.

I know it's not Fort Knox, but ops are busy when we need them most. THAT is what I'm trying to say. It's like when Frozen comes in, all ops just disappear. It's weird...

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2004, 10:56:16 PM »
Chatroom status has dropped from 4 out of 10 to 3 out of 10.

Basically (and Meow can explain some also), it is friendly here and everyone usually gets along, but in the chatroom it is every man for himself.

Most of the time there, it is kids by day, stalkers and mIRC "hobos" by night.

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2004, 01:39:37 AM »
The only ones always there are Frozen and Elzie. Shall they be the new hops?

my pathetic attempts at humor are fleeting

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2004, 01:06:45 PM »
If Frozen or Elzie were given Hop positions, I would never return to the chatroom ever again. If they were given any shred of power, that would be the end of the chatroom. Sheer apocalypse, it would be.

Trainman is correct. Frozen and others can't accept anyone younger than them, and therefore immediately make rude statements that cause trouble. They instigate, and then cna't admit they were wrong in insulting someone out of the blue for no reason. Sure, there's idiots on the forums, but everyone here can accept them and get along just well. However, the chatroom is filled with these psychos who think it's mature to act depressed and take out their anger on younger people in the chatroom.

I'm not saying I should be a Hop, but anyone who is responsible and mature enough to be a Hop who is there on a regular basis should immediately be a Hop, but the main problem, is how many regular people are mature enough? And how many mature people are there regularily? It's a malicious cycle...

If everything goes as it does now, #tmk is sure to see its doom sooner than you think...

TEM

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2004, 04:20:25 PM »
Meowrik your being a drama queen. I'm prety sure LD only suggested that to bust your chops anyway.

All Hail Blage!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2004, 05:58:01 PM »
I've seen Frozen hopped before. Just to "scare" certain people. Me not included, but still.

I'm likely not going back to the chat anytime soon. And if that mean I'm not going to be respected as the other forum mods are (David didn't even know I WAS a mod on the forums until about a month ago), so be it. I'm not going to be verbally assualted by someone in my free time. That's what school is for.

Stupid Quotes: (10th Edition)
"Super Mario Sunshine is an overhyped, boring kids` game with a fruity name that got higher ratings than it deserved."
"Aaron S." - with a dishonorable mention to Electronic Gaming Monthly magazine (Issue #165, pg. 24) for printing the opinions of people who don`t deserve to have opinions.
~I.S.~

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2004, 06:05:50 PM »
"Meowrik your being a drama queen. I'm prety sure LD only suggested that to bust your chops anyway."

TEM, you shouldn't speak at all about this matter considering you're *rarely* there. You don't really say anything about the chatroom and defend those people because you're not there long enough to see what he does.

LD, yeah, Frozen and Elzie are there a lot... a lot in the late evening and night. Meowrik and I are there every day. Even you said that Deezer, MB, and yourself are there every day. That Floyd character is there all of the time never talking.

Why are you saying that those two would be Hops because they're there a lot while there are plenty of others there that are there even longer than those two?

TEM

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2004, 07:26:05 PM »
BAH
I'm there at least for at least 45 minutes a week.

All Hail Blage!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2004, 01:29:01 AM »
It's sad, but yeah, Frozen has problems. As do some others. But it's weird, because sometimes he's nice. But only when no one is around...

They wouldn’t pretty so bad, ain’t they?
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2004, 07:37:56 PM »
Yes, but him being psychotic gives him not the right to take out his mental anguish on those younger than him.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2004, 10:51:09 PM »
Frozen's better nowadays. Elzie never talks, and we never do trivia anymore:( The chatroom needs to have an automatic trivia.

("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
....v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.
This is donotcare95, phasing out.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2004, 06:47:53 PM »
Trivia is gone forever because I no longer attend there. Trivia was the only thing keeping me in the chatroom, but then Deezer told me we wouldn't have it for a while, and his idea of live trivia never came, so I left for good. I no longer have to put up with such annoyances that are common in the chatroom.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2004, 07:42:34 PM »
"Trainman, that took guts considering how much it could anger an Op/Mod."

Hmph, Meow, I speak my mind just like Insane Steve can. Speaking our minds is as clear as I sit here at my computer typing and people read posts. If anyone has a problem with opinions, they should crawl up in a ball and sit in the corner doing nothing. Now, someone will bash me, most likely, saying that I shouldn't say those things, but hey, if they can bash me for whatever the reason is, I have every right to state how a chatroom is running.

"And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell/One more soldier reporting sir, I served my time in Hell." ~General Dwight D. Eisenhower, D-Day, 1944.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2004, 07:31:50 PM »
"Frozen's better nowadays. Elzie never talks, and we never do trivia anymore:( The chatroom needs to have an automatic trivia."

I concur with everything you have said, 100%, DNC95.

You know, every time I look at your name, I'm reminded of DC shoes...

"And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell/One more soldier reporting sir, I served my time in Hell." ~General Dwight D. Eisenhower, D-Day, 1944.

Print