Print

Author Topic: Enough is Enough!  (Read 12008 times)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« on: February 12, 2004, 07:51:23 PM »
Ok then, before I begin, I'll take the time to acknowledge that I have posted a thread. Since I post threads here but once every two months or so, you KNOW this what is about to be said here is very important to me.

Over the last month or so I have noticed a sharp and disturbing increase in the proportion of threads here that have become little more than flame wars. I mean, it is absurd. One day I make an intelligent post on a discussion thread, and the next day I see it turning into a trade-off of childish insults.

The biggest trend I have seen is whenever sadib posts ANYTHING, regardless of the quality, somebody (usually the same person, you should know who I mean) fires a cheap shot at him. It sometimes isn't even his fault, though. This comment leads to more unfounded flames, and soon the topic must be removed. Sad, really. And I've seen it more and more as time has gone on.

Also, I recently saw someone make the following comment, under no provocation whatsoever:

"Insane steve, Your're really starting to **** me off!"

Quite honestly, I have no reason as to WHY I "**** this person off" because he never gave a reason. I'd like to know why, so I can NOT "**** this person off". I'd be like me saying that "You suck!" and not saying why. Please, if I am doing anything that is not to your liking (within reason), please say what so I can stop it. Thanks.

What does this all mean? I'm saying that this forum has deteriorated over the past few weeks, and it is being less and less fun for me to be here. The point I am saying is as follows: Stop the flaming, stop the insult, make SENSIBLE POSTS! Please! If this doesn't desist, I might actually have to leave. And I don't want to have to do that, but as things stand, I am left few other options.

PS: Seeing how things have progressed recently here, I won't be at all surprised to see this thread turned into a flame war or deleted tomorrow.

Thank you for reading this. Although some may see it as little more than a rant, perhaps even a hypocritical one, I hope you at least see what is going on here.

~Insane Steve
~I.S.~

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 08:19:03 PM »
Don't leave IS. We all love you. *kiss kiss* BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It''s ah me marioguy!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004, 08:52:07 PM »
Dear gosh... This is EXACTLY what he's talking about. Seriously, people, SHAPE UP! WE'RE ALL SICK OF IT!!! ...At least those of us who are more "mature."

These boards have been ruined for me. 10+ months ago, this was an intelligent, fun place, which is the very reason I joined.  But a lot of those people have either left or post a LOT less frequently, most likely due to all the immature antics of the majority here (and school, of course). You'll also notice that I, myself, have been here a LOT less. And it is for that very reason. Less intelligence, more idiocy. This has gone on FAR too long.

I say again, SHAPE UP! LEAVE THE INTELLIGENT ONES OF US HERE ALONE!  I truly miss the times from the end of March through May. 'Twas a happy 2 months here. After then, things started going downhill. Especially after school started, and then again in December.  Thanks for ruining the magic here. I truly appreciate it. </sarcasm through clenched teeth>

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.

Edited by - Sapphira on 2/12/2004 7:01:45 PM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004, 09:18:51 PM »
Ten months already? Wow! Anyways, when you joined All the mods were Deezer. I was the evil guy around, but even I had some limits, but this is crazy!

It''s ah me marioguy!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2004, 10:39:26 PM »
Hmm, yes... it's sad, and I don't really know what happened. The board was way more intelligent and fun to post at before certain members showed up. I'm not going to name any names.
But you know what I mean.
Steve, actually, Watoad and I have been discussing this. I'll probably talk to Deezer about a few things as well, so don't give up yet.

The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2004, 11:05:40 PM »
I hope I'm not one of those people. I don't post random stuff(except in the Yay! and Yay! 2 topics, where it was allowed, and in that topicless thread), I don't spam, and I definately don't swear. I hardly ever use HTML anymore, I don't flame, and I agree with IS. This stuff needs to stop(I see a few members who need to shape up, who I will not mention either.). This is donotcare95, phasing out.

("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
....v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2004, 11:35:00 PM »
Even though I don't read all that many topics anymore, I know precisely what Steve is talking about. The state of certain aspects of this message board are pretty miserable by comparison to how they were in the past&#151;and I say this without thinking that "the grass is always greener on the other side." These forums were better in the past. That's a fact.

I'm not entirely sure what Chupperson will say to Deezer, but I have a few thoughts of my own that I've been wanting to discuss with him. Sometime soon, when both he and I aren't too busy, I'll attempt to nab him in a chat of some sort and talk to him for a little while. I don't have a lot of "swing" with Deezer, but I take him to be someone who listens to reason. And reason is what he will get from me.

Thank you for posting this topic, Steve. It was a good call.

“Hey, Strong Bad. You jumped over some u’ my busses.”

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2004, 01:21:22 AM »
I write to you from a distant karaoke bar. It is extrememly loud here, but as I read the grim portents of these posts, the music, bass pounding, and screaming fades away into contemplation.

The funny thing about all this is, even though I know what you guys are talking about, for the last couple weeks I have actually gotten better feelings from the board. What with the triumphant return of Watoad, the fourth iteration of Bored, and the revival of a few cool old threads, things were looking up.

sadib is sadib, folks. I don't see much difference between now and then. People just flame back more these days. The wankerless board is a legend. Just kind of ignore them.

Or maybe I'm too much of a crazy optimist?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Edited by - Lizard Dude on 2/12/2004 11:24:16 PM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2004, 11:15:47 AM »
Please, please, PLEASE tell me I'm not one of the "mature" or "flaming" members.  If I'm in the "mature" group, I'm probably thinking too high of myself and living in the illusion that I'm really in the "mature" group.  If I'm in the "flaming" group... well, that's pretty straight foward.  The only times I remember being bad was in the yay thread yaying, and that time when Meowrik said 'Emulators are for wussies' and I thought that was mean, so I said 'Speaking of wussies...' but that's it.  There were probably a few other occasions, but I don't remember.  I just don't want to be in either group.

If you eat sixty-two oranges, fifty-three bananas, and seventy-four apples, then you''re full of fruit!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2004, 01:58:30 PM »
Don't worry; you're good.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2004, 03:52:16 PM »
"I'm not going to name any names."

I hope that's not me; I don't hope the answer for me is "Sometimes, you're good." I try my best...

Insane Steve, I concur 120%, but the forums will NEVER change with the the 60+ members that are educated (AND ACTIVE!!) versus the other 2530+ members now that never show up or are as dumb as rocks or a sack of potatoes.

When I say 60 members, I'm talking about the educated ones. There are about 70-80 active members including the smart ones.

I understand that the registered member counts are high because of people joining over the years, but if you subtracted the old members from years past that aren't here anymore, the member count probably wouldn't change much.

Unless the forums are destroyed and revamped in some ways so mods could have more features (nothing else, no avatars, etc.), the forums would be a great place (I think...).

Who knows, these forums are just like how America has changed: Great until the 60s...
Forums: Great until the morons showed up...

Who knows...

"And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell/One more soldier reporting sir, I served my time in Hell." ~General Dwight D. Eisenhower, D-Day, 1944.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2004, 04:33:58 PM »
I've noticed that the key problem is a few members who I shall not name. (And it's not just Sadib, either; he's been here for a LONG time acting pretty much the same way he acts now.)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2004, 05:43:40 PM »
I'll name some names: Sally, Bobby, Alex, Susie, and William.

Don''t make me break my foot off in your ***!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2004, 05:51:01 PM »
           Before you read what I have to say, please take note that I'm not referring to any specific members or their posts, as I, too, am guilty of almost everything I'm going to mention. Besides, these are just my observations, and if you're offended by them, you should probably leave the forum.

The deterioration of the quality of the posts and behavior of the members of this forum. This is what seems to be a touchy subject, as is any subject when the blame can be easily placed on particular persons. Yet, this is truly what we need to be careful of; washing our hands of the blame. This very topic, the topic concerning the situation of our forums, could quickly turn into a flame war itself – exactly what it’s trying to prevent. I’m sure we’re all aware of this already, and can simply dismiss this part of the text.

It is said that the forum, in its current state, is driving away members, and this is true. But, at the same time, it is attracting new members, albeit a bit more slowly. Could the problem lie within the new members we receive? I’m sure some would quickly agree to that, but I don’t find that very likely. New members, or as some use the term newbies, have been pretty mild mannered, as of late. Not sticking around very long, nor causing trouble. Yet, if the new members do not offer the source of our problem, then what else could it be?

In this case, I believe the obvious answer to be the correct one: our current members. Yes, if the new members are not causing problems, than the source must be those who’re already here. Our problems are unavoidable. Each member has their own personality, ideals, and morals. It would be impossible for certain member’s personalities to not clash. We’re only human, after all. Yet it is here where our problem’s root is to be found; not so much in the fact that we’re having these clashes, but how we, as members, deal with these confrontations. Opposed to normal, I will not offer any advice for this situation, as I have no right to. I’m as guilty as the worst of us. Controlling one’s temper is all one can do.

And yet, our problem would still not be solved, at least not in my eyes, even if we were to abolish such petty squabbles. The problem lies in a different area. Much like a caste system, we’ve become divided, the members that is. There are a slew of reasons for this, common ones being the difference in our ages, our environments, and our ideologies. This wasn’t so much of a problem in past times, mainly for one reason, I believe. Fairly recent, our community has been introduced to the new fast-paced medium of our high-tech age: chatrooms.

In the chatroom, everyone has had the opportunity to converse with each other in real time–something that hasn’t been done here very often. I spent some time in the chatroom, and I had enjoyed it as much as the other members. However, amid this enjoyment, I had noticed some situations which seem to have carried over to the forums. Many of the members found no desire to exchange with other members. This is to be expected, as we all face different barriers that don’t allow us to get along well with others. However, it became apparent to me that it was a bit deeper than that In some instances it became more of a superiority problem. And this is where it becomes “Us versus Them.”

In this very topic, not to pick out anyone specifically, I have seen the term “mature” members used a various amount of times. A division such as this can be founded on any basis, but who is to say who is mature, and who is not? In some instances it can be quite obvious, I know, but to lump many members into one category has no ground at all. We all view maturity differently, and even in the members whom I enjoy the company of I have seen immaturity, as in me I’m sure they’ve witnessed. This is just one example, but I believe this is chiefly where our problems stem from.

To get a handle on this problem, I feel we need first to take care of our splinters and save those of our fellow members for later.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2004, 08:52:28 PM »
BM is correct. There are many people here who aren't coming to this forum anymore because of these problems in the chatroom(although there are some things that happen here that cause people to stop participating in the chatroom). The chatroom is causing problems that wouldn't exist if there was a password on the chatroom, for example. It is possible to do that you know. If it were to happen, it would probably only be told to members of the forum in a certain topic. It probably won't happen, though. It might cause problems with certain members, though. I'm not going to name these members(they're the same members this topic is talking about, though). Thank you for listening to my long post.

("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
....v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.
This is donotcare95, phasing out.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2004, 09:12:43 PM »
Insane Steve is correct, and I know I am one to blame. I simply couldn't tolerate the ffact that certain people are on adrenaline rushes by agitating people who can do nothing but merely argue with them on a message board. I should've had more self-control, and I lost it for a week or two. For this, I apologize. Luckily, I've taken an oath to try and disregard any annoying posts by any members and not post my disgust for them as much as I can.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2004, 10:29:21 PM »
Ergh. My first impulses are to post something against some of the comments that have been made here already.

Instead, I'll just leave it at the fact that I feel that some of the comments here are meaningless. You know which ones I think are valid; I hope you know which ones I think are invalid.

That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2004, 12:52:37 AM »
"Thank you for listening to my long post."

This is hilarious coming after BM.

This thread is so vague that I feel not-so-vaguely ill. :P

n/a

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2004, 05:02:08 PM »
I agree with all the good points made here.

And, as someone who stopped posting for a year and then came back about a month or so ago, I too have noticed a bit of a change in, well, most everything that was mentioned, and I would be one of the people who would notice it the most, because I did not experience whatever has happened in the last year. There did used to be a different kind of mood or atmosphere to the forums as a whole, but who knows, maybe it's just because old people have gone and new people have come, and it could just even out after a while. I hope I'm not one of the problems...?

Also, (This is kinda off topic, but) someone mentioned something about the chat room… I have never been there. This is because I am on a Mac, so I can’t download mIRC or whatever, and the java version won’t work. Any quick solution anyone can think of off the top of their head? Otherwise I’ll start a new topic or mail the mailbag or something… thanx.

Stupid Phil Quote #1:  The only difference between Alex and Ryan is that they both have blond hair.

TEM

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2004, 06:25:55 PM »
I noticed that whenever good points are made people jump out of nowhere and start agreeing like crazy.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2004, 06:31:12 PM »
I agree.

"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."- Jebediah Springfield

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2004, 06:35:50 PM »
I agree with Lt. Mou agreeing.

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2004, 09:15:07 PM »
Dear n/a,

Watoad will soon, in this very thread, tell you how he gets to the chatroom on a Mac.

Love,
Lizard Dude

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2004, 09:05:18 PM »
Ah, the thrill of pertinence. Haven't felt that much recently. A lot of intelligent comments here -- a good sign. I'll try to respond to everything.

I will adress everyone who posted here, in order:

sadib: Nice to see that you'd miss me, although I don't get that "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA" thing... Try to be a bit less evil, ok? And don't insist that everyone should be banned...

Sapphira: I don't know if I can say I'm "mature" all the time. I will make sporatic off-key comments (especially when mad) so I'm not always "mature". I have noticed the decline of the more "intelligent" posting, replaced more and more with somewhat more... useless posts. Yes, my first few months were also good, and I do miss the time about a year ago. Ah well. Things are constantly changing.

CW: Once again, it appears I'm not the only one who noticed this. I though Watoad stopped posting though...? He's someone I miss from the boards.

donotcare95: In my mind, you haven't done anything stupid. At least, not that I have seen. Although I didn't like the concept of the Yay! threads. Especially the 2nd one, where I explicitly stated that the first one was not acceptable.

Watoad: So you ARE posting somewhat again. You probably have more "swing" with Deezer than I do, though -- I don't think he even really knows me from the forum that much. And reason is always the best action.

About me being the one to post this, again, I rarely make new threads on any forums I frequent, and thus I think that gives my threads that I DO make a bit more... interest? I don't know if this is true, though.

LD: Bored is always fun, although this incarnation seems a lot different from the last few. That is, this one hasn't obtained a plot, and it is about 4 pages long. And there isn't a forum of this size out there where there isn't any flaming or overall idiocy (Except that Lemmings board I go to, although there's something like 10 active members there, so it isn't a board of "this size"). Although I've notice more of it recently, so that is why I posted here.

Markio: What's wrong with being considered mature? And with the emulation comment, I thought that was a remark made when Meowrik expressed how his "experiences with emulators" (It wasn't emulators though, I think it was one of those game-hacking devices) and then contradicted this by saying they were wussies. I knew that could spark a flame war, so I posted about it. Don't worry, you are not someone who flames a whole lot, from what I have seen.

Trainman: You are a good member here. No worries about that. And in a forum with 2600+ members, here I think only about 70-100 post here. Of those, if 60 are intelligent, that makes 60-86% intelligent, although it is those other 10-40 that I am posting about here.

I agree that these boards need better moderation options (This is the only board where MOVING threads, the most basic of mod functions, is not allowed, also you cannot delete individual posts. I'd like that.)

And America has deteriorated far more than this forum has. Of course, relatively. Everything is relative.

TBB: I concur. And sadib's behavior fluctuates in a sort of sinusoidal activitely for some reason. Hmmmmm...

TEM: That wasn't what I had in mind... ;)

BM: ...Wow. I agree with the first part about this thread becoming a flame war, and I'm surprised that it never did become one. This situation isn't all someone's fault... instead, the entire board needs to be more concious of this problem.

I don't really consider the new members to be a major source of the problems. Like you said, a lot don't stick around, and those who do generally don't start problems. I also argee the current members are most responsible for this problem, and again, as you stated, the differences in ideals and demographics will always lead to clashes wherever you go in life. And seeing as to how being able to control your temper is a key to avoiding flame wars, I am VERY suprised I am protesting flaming when I have the personality most inclined for such an event (I.E., logical and short-fused).

In real time, I act A LOT differently than on forums, the difference being that I can think about what I am saying before I say it here. That makes a HUGE difference; on chats, I will not act as maturely at all than on forums. In real time, I will act younger than my age at times (Although I am NOT a 12-year old as Frozen_Solid seems to think -- and I am still bitter about this and will be until I leave here) -- which is why I prefer forums. As such, this breaking of "Mature" vs. "Immature" interests me, seeing as how my maturity is directly proportional to the time I have to say something. It carrying over to the forums is a bit odd, but I do notice it.

And once again as you stated, "mature" is a relative term. What is mature to some (Many of you) is immature to others (Frozen_Solid). Lumping members into these categories can only be a detriment to the forums, for it changes the way we look at posted. If two people say the same thing, and they are interpreted quite differently, there is a problem.

dnc95: And that is why I am no longer going to the chat. A chat password would defeat the prupose of the chatroom, though.

Meowrik: I will say that you do sometimes need to check your post contents. You make a lot of intelligent posts, but also a lot of off-key remarks (That period where you spoke out against any comments made by a new member, for example. I honestly think you chased away at least 2 members). You can't change the past though -- just in the future, think about what you post. Although recently, you have put checs on your post, which is good -- your good posts are very intelligent.

These comments were not meant to offend, just as a bit of advice from another member. Take it as you see fit.

CW: The validity of comments is to be determined by the ones who read it. What is valid to some is invalid to others. I will argee somewhat to this comment, though.

LD: Vague? I see no vagueness here. Perhaps a bit of ... over-concurrence (Is that a word?) but not a lot of vagueness.

n/a: People come and go. And as this happens, the mood of a forum will always change. You are not a problem from was I've seen.

And no, not owning a Mac, I can't help you with the chat issue.

TEM, Lt Mou, Meowrik: I also agree. Strange trend it is, but a very true one. Maybe because a good point is difficult to initially realise, but when it comes, most people have the ability to see it as a good point? That is what I gather from it.

LD: Good to see that Watoad is helping, because I cannot.

Wow. That was long. Anyways, I was not intending to leave (For that was somewhat of a misconception here), I was merely stating that if these trends continued, I'd be left few other options. I'll stay for a while. Just wanted to get this off my chest, that is all.

~Insane Steve
~I.S.~

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2004, 10:42:49 PM »
I just remembered this.  I think I was the first one to abbreviate Insane Steve's name as IS.

If at first you don''t succeed, try until you run out of syrup.

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2004, 10:50:32 PM »
I remember when you were a newbie. That wasn't that long ago. I actually remember when everybody was a newbie.

It''s ah me marioguy!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2004, 05:52:56 PM »
Wow, outside of the Story Boards, I don't remember the last time I saw a post that long...

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2004, 07:37:29 PM »
I remember when Peach and Daisy, Rookie, and vepu were newbies.

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2004, 08:18:36 PM »
How long does it take so you're not a newbie anymore?

I'll give you a peach if you give me a daisy.
I'll give you a peach if you give me a daisy.

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2004, 08:23:43 PM »
I've been indifferent to Sadib (who seems to think he's been here longer than he really has) for a long time, but now he's REALLY getting annoying.
Example: Posting the same topic something like seven times.
The content of said topic consists of the word "Yay".

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2004, 08:27:24 PM »
Good question, P&D. All I know is you still have a way to go.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2004, 10:57:38 PM »
Lt Mou, Popple is really Birdo who has been around for a couple of months. I wouldn't consider him a newbie anymore. You and Peach and Daisy are still newbies, and Vepu started posting like two days ago.

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2004, 05:17:35 PM »
I never said Popple was a newbie. I said Rookie. I know I'm still a newbie. "Remembering" that those three were newbies was a joke seeing as how those are the only three who have joined since I came along.

n/a

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2004, 05:38:06 PM »
Oooo, yay, thanx Watoad. I love Macs, but it seems everything nowadays is easier to access on Windows, because everyone makes things for Windows. Ah well...

I think you're not a newbie anymore when people stop considering you a newbie. There's no real measurable way to tell otherwise.

I just learned HTML! Whoohoo!

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2004, 03:12:02 PM »
Those of us who are more "mature"?

Maturity sucks!  I'd rather be the wild man that I am every day!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2004, 01:43:34 AM »
Maturity isn't that bad.  I'm mature half the time, and the other half I'm humorous and happy.  Of course, no one notices when I'm mature, so they think I'm weird all the time, and think my friends are more mature, which couldn't be any farther from the truth.  I'm younger than most of my friends, but I'm a lot more mature.  They act all weird around me, and then normal around other people.  I have one friend who sits near me, and when I think of something funny to comment on, I'll say it to myself, because I don't think anyone would want to be interrupted, but then my friend hears it and yells it out to the class, and whenever he says something it's funny, but when I talk, it's 'too much talking'.  Oh, cursed be my school, how I can't wait for high school next year.  So what if it's harder?  At least it's somewhere else.

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2004, 08:17:50 AM »
I really don't like to talk to anybody anymore. When I try to say something funny at dinner, my siblings start to hate me, as usual.

Si las paredes podrían hablar, podría perforar los agujeros en ellas así que cerrarían el infierno para arriba.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2004, 01:34:14 PM »
I think I know a main problem of today's forum's society:

Everyone does't know the base word of assume.

Seriously, everyone always assumes that someone else's statement has a different meaning.

If at first you don't succeed, try until you run out of syrup.

Edited by - Markio on 2/29/2004 11:34:59 AM

« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2004, 08:54:48 PM »
Hows about someone e-mail me the list of names that you dont want to name, Im just curious. My adress thing is Mechachocolate@aol.com note: I chose mechachocolate because technochocolate was already taken, and I only have aol because I get 2 months free and it was already installed on my new computer when I bought it.
Let me away from this boulder!

TEM

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2004, 05:15:49 PM »
"Seriously, everyone always assumes that someone else's statement has a different meaning"

What are you trying to say Markio? You got something against me?

My other signature is a Porsche.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2004, 05:30:23 PM »
I hope you're joking, because I'm laughing.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2004, 08:20:21 PM »
"...and I know I am one to blame."

Bah, rubbish. You have every right to state an opinion. If not, this thread would not even have been created, Chupperson wouldn't call everyone fools, and we would all probably be mindless zombies.

n/a, you're semi-correct about the newbie thing. Peach and Daisy (and all other new posters) I sort of consider you "not a newbie" if you act well and are here for over the all-time newbie record of 5 posts before departing.

CHATROOM STATUS: Well at this point in time.
FORUM STATUS: Down the drain...

Do you ever get so mad that you hit something, then when you hit whatever you were gonna hit, it hurts making you even MORE mad?

TEM

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2004, 03:52:54 PM »
I hope you're laughing, because I'm joking.

My other signature is a Porsche.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2004, 04:39:05 PM »
What kind of Porsche, TEM?

Do you ever get so mad that you hit something, then when you hit whatever you were gonna hit, it hurts making you even MORE mad?

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2004, 05:57:49 PM »
"Dear gosh... This is EXACTLY what he's talking about. Seriously, people, SHAPE UP! WE'RE ALL SICK OF IT!!! ...At least those of us who are more "mature."

These boards have been ruined for me. 10+ months ago, this was an intelligent, fun place, which is the very reason I joined. But a lot of those people have either left or post a LOT less frequently, most likely due to all the immature antics of the majority here (and school, of course). You'll also notice that I, myself, have been here a LOT less. And it is for that very reason. Less intelligence, more idiocy. This has gone on FAR too long.

I say again, SHAPE UP! LEAVE THE INTELLIGENT ONES OF US HERE ALONE! I truly miss the times from the end of March through May. 'Twas a happy 2 months here. After then, things started going downhill. Especially after school started, and then again in December. Thanks for ruining the magic here. I truly appreciate it. </sarcasm through clenched teeth>"

Calm down jeez you sound like my mom at the time of the month! i screwed up the forums 10 months ago, me Teen Titan Raven. so dont blame evryone else blame me! i made it so others would have more confidence to stand up against mods and be more rude through my examples, i think. So just be more strict start banning peeple instantly hoo make flame wars.( but only the starter)
I am a retard

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2004, 07:18:02 PM »
TTR? That's you? I thought you would post as "Tony."

"i screwed up the forums 10 months ago, me Teen Titan Raven."

No, no, it was A LOT less time ago. It was more like almost 2 months, I believe. Oh well, if you start acting better, more people will show you respect (with the exception of Meowrik >:P). I was showing you respect when you first came here, and I still do, as long as you act right.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2004, 07:38:05 PM »
SIGH

Each letter, a new thread. All in the past month, all on the sub-forum I moderate.

TO paraphrase some Halloween episode of The Simpsons: Urge to leave... rising...

~I.S.~

~I.S.~

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2004, 07:56:01 PM »
Wow, it's Teen Titan Raven.

Good to see you're not crazy anymore.

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2004, 09:41:55 PM »
I still don't think things at time=now are any worse than at any other time=C. So I don't get why Steve wants to leave now unless he can only hold so much badness and has reached critical fullness.

Me, I look at the derivative of badness.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2004, 10:05:52 PM »
You honestly think that the boards had the same amount of idiocy a few months ago as it does today?

I've seen a CONSIDERABLE increase in unconducive behaviors in these forums over the past few months. Remember: I made a new thread. How often do I do that?

All I'm saying is that there are plenty of:

1: Threads which just ASK for flame wars, and
2 (Even worse): Threads which start out as good discussion threads, and then one out of line comment turns it into a spamhole.

These things, along with an increase in overall problems which lead to flaming, seem to be the cause of the increased proportion of problems that I've seen over the past couple months. Maybe you don't think so; I certainly believe there to be more problems in the forums.

And I'm not leaving for now; all I'm saying is that if the trends continue I won't like going to these boards anymore (And in about a month, I'll have joined 2 years ago) and I'll likely not post, only coming to clean up the General Chat board.

PS: A bit off topic, but this is the first and thus far only thread of mine with 4 pages. I know of one with 45 posts (For three FULL pages), but this is the first to exceed the 3.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2004, 10:48:29 PM »
Insane Steve, you have good points, but the question of the whole point of this thread is:

How are we all going to fix this mess of idiocy?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2004, 10:50:20 PM »
I believe the forums are simply in a depression. Wait until summer. Seems to me, there's more activity then, hence more (hopefully) intelligent posts.

That was a joke.

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2004, 11:24:59 PM »
Summer seems like the time when less people would come here, I'm not going to go online more than once or twice a week. It's sunny here for once, I look forward to being able to go outside and remain realatively warm and un-rained upon.
Let me away from this boulder!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2004, 08:49:38 PM »
Hmm, that's right. I was tired when I wrote that.
Still, I still say the same thing: Wait until Summer.
Less idiots then. Only the people who actually care about the board will stick around.
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2004, 09:23:20 PM »
Good way of looking at it, Chupperson.

Print