Print

Author Topic: Separated at birth?  (Read 16724 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: July 16, 2004, 11:41:33 PM »
Sapph / Renee

Chup / 3rd Rock dude

LD / 2D

Edited by - Deezer on 12/26/2004 6:40:09 PM

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 12:44:02 AM »
Ahahaha. My Master pic is put to good use.

Friends? Heh, these are my only friends- grown-up nerds like Gore Vidal; and even he''s kissed more boys than I ever will.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 12:56:14 AM »
Ahahahhahahahhahaahahahhaahaha.

"Big doubles, no troubles!" ~Todd Lyons
Formerly quite reasonable.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 09:34:02 AM »
My vote for funniest Deezer post. Ever.

Push Button...
Receive Bacon!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 02:29:05 PM »
Teehee, I agree with koopaslaya! Good one Deezer!

~*Sometimes I dream I''m being carried away by a giant squirrel... so does that make me a nut?*~
Kip: Napoleon, don''t be jealous that I''ve been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I''m training to be a cage fighter.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 07:23:29 PM »
This is funny and all, but I don't see how a conversation could erupt from this.

Reality slowed bent Time and.
The and on Eggman But on went.

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2004, 08:17:45 PM »
I wonder what Lizard Dude and Chupperson will think of this... XD.

Friends? Heh, these are my only friends- grown-up nerds like Gore Vidal; and even he''s kissed more boys than I ever will.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 08:56:59 PM »
What happened to Watoad's pic of himself that he compared to Deezer's old pic?  That would work well here.

I wish I was in the forest with a dragon right now.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2004, 06:36:08 PM »
Whoa, check out the resemblance!!!

--------------------
JRC Quote 1: "Team Rocket are the kind of people you love to hate."
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2004, 01:16:22 AM »
Sapph / Renee

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2004, 07:12:37 AM »
LOL!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2004, 12:04:11 AM »

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2004, 01:06:59 AM »
I was laughing forever at that last one!

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2004, 01:21:15 AM »
OH YEAH. I remember telling Sapph a while back that she looked a lot like Renee....

Now MB put... holy frickin crap, X Games X commercial is on. AAAAAAAH!

"Big doubles, no troubles!" ~Todd Lyons
Formerly quite reasonable.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2004, 10:26:51 AM »
Anyone notice how it looks like Watoad's arm is reaching into the next picture of that guy?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2004, 10:33:27 AM »
Sapph / Renee

That was weird.  Anyway, I think there's as much similariti\y between these three as there are of the others

Edited by - Markio on 7/24/2004 9:39:35 AM

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2004, 12:16:18 PM »
You're right, David does sort of look like Peter....

*Wonders what he can be compared to*
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2004, 02:17:18 PM »
The only differences I see between Deezer and Watoad's faces is that Deezer's hair is blond, Watoad's is black, and Watoad's face seems more "longer" than Deezer's. Other than that, they look very much alike.

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2004, 06:08:25 PM »
Deezer doesn't look much like that anymore...

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2004, 09:13:32 AM »
I think he was just talking about the comparisons between the two photos, not what they look like now.

Know why the elderly contribute so much to the church? To buy their way into Heaven from a lifetime of sin.
Know why the elderly contribute so much to the church? To buy their way into Heaven from a lifetime of sin.

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2004, 08:00:06 PM »
Deezer/Peeweezer

I would say to them, "You want ice cream cone?" Both of them say yes.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2004, 12:37:20 AM »
That post just made me laugh.

*Is waiting for someone to compare him to someone*

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2004, 06:28:24 PM »
Deezer sort of looks like Peewee Herman, in a non-Peewee Herman way.

.tneb ytilaeR dna dewols emiT
.tnew namggE eht no dna no tuB

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2004, 06:29:58 PM »
I like Peewee Herman.  I just noticed in Deezer's picture he set up a timed camera, so no one is taking his pic, he took it himself.

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2004, 08:02:07 PM »
AHHHHH!!

Romance is for the weak-minded.

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2004, 03:14:20 AM »
Hmmmmmmmm, strange and scray people around here.

---
Vid is like someone. I don't know who, but he is definitely very similar. There, comparison complete.
---

TAYL: Talk At Ya Later
Lazer Mario
TAYL: Talk At Ya Later
Lazer Mario

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2012, 09:40:35 AM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2012, 11:57:42 AM »
....Who the hell names their kid "Newt"? Seriously.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2012, 07:19:27 PM »
Harry Potter characters, I'd think.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2012, 12:26:48 AM »
It's short for Newton.

Not that that's any more normal.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2012, 10:52:34 AM »
Yeah, Newton's supposed to be a last name.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2012, 11:38:28 AM »
Well, there was Newton Gimmick from Teddy Ruxpin.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2012, 01:39:25 PM »
Meh, sounds better than "Fig".
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2012, 01:49:57 PM »

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2012, 02:31:24 PM »
Clearly, you’re not going down without a fight.

It’s not ego.  I am no Messiah.  The people of the Mario fandom deserve another chance in the world of cinema.  I would like to represent these people so they know they're not alone.  That’s why I put their interests, not their dissections of a screenplay excerpt, first when writing this, only I put things in a logical, cause-effect order, which makes it work as a movie, not as a video game.

You also call my screenplay less-than-average at one point, and then mediocre, which means "average," at another point.  Which is it?

Be specific as to how you want Bowser to talk less.  As a result, it will make things shorter.

“You and several others,” eh?  You mean one or two other guys who had something critical to say.  More than four people have posted here.

You did say at some point that you didn’t like any of what I’ve written.  It’s right here at the top of this page.  You only saw cons, no pros, and to quote your exact words, “Second, there are no pros.  I looked for them, but didn’t like any of what I saw.  This is why I said what I said.”  Do you see how mean-spirited that is?

You haven’t seen any jokes just yet.  We’re getting started with the whole setup.  You will see it’s very game-like.

Why should it be traditionally animated?  With CGI, the possibilities for aesthetics are limitless, and we’re more used to seeing a 3-D Mario these days than we are a 2-D one.  No movie based on a video game has ever been CGI before either.

“Don’t do an origin story?”  See, THIS is what I mean by not giving me constructive criticism.  You tell me what I shouldn’t do, but you don’t tell me what I should do.  And more importantly, how do you know that the changes you want to make will get the movie to sell when you stubbornly stick to the belief that it won’t sell?  That shows what kind of two-faced troll you really are.

Wait, do you want me to do just a day-in-the-life-of-Mario movie?  You could play any game and get the exact same result!
there are too many hateful posts in this forum.

i ask to please stop being so rude and cruel to me.

in the first 2 weeks i have had 2 people post negative comments to me and i am sick of it.

IF YOU DONT HAVE SOMETHING NICE TO SAY, DONT SAY ANYTHING!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2012, 08:54:32 PM »
On the other hand,

Oh... then I'm okay with your alternate lifestyle.

however what i DONT like is when homosexuals maker it very visible to others, a great example was at my gr8 ottawa trip when we were walking past a hotel and a man was walking in high heels and a dress, thats just disgusting.

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2012, 09:08:21 PM »
I was more of going for that they both don't take kindly to being disagreed with, both hate The Chef (inb4 someone says "we all do"), and both want to prove that they're right and you're wrong.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2012, 09:10:19 PM »
I'm slowly becoming the forum's equivalent of Simon Cowell.

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2012, 09:15:38 PM »
Henceforth, I shall read all your posts in a snide English accent.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2012, 09:43:49 PM »
Here's a poem about J.J. Enjoy!
J.J.
Is so gay gay.
Some day day.
He will pay pay.
For things he may say say.
J.J.
Is either a pregnant woman who forgot to take her Midol.
Or a fat old man with no balls.
Either way he's not my idol.
Either way he has no balls at all.
Sincerely,
-Grady Martin

(holy crap, that was eleven years ago; time sure does keep happening)

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2012, 07:45:36 AM »
Is anyone here interested in a movie? An actual movie?

Hello, and welcome to the official discussion board for my personal screenplay for the future major motion picture, Shigeru Miyamoto’s Super Mario Bros.  You can call it SMSMB for easy reference.  I’m Colonel KR, one of the Internet’s greatest fighters for liberty and justice.  I’m a generic film student with a larger-than-life dream.  It’s not a dream about a cheap little homemade live action video that’ll become a viral piece of junk; it’s a dream about a fully CGI, 100-minute-long feature film, one with enough story and substance to make it more than just a fading novelty, one that I actually want to sell to hopefully either DreamWorks or BlueSky.

My story, quite simply, is this: When I was a child, I saw the original 1993 film Super Mario Bros., and I distinctly remember thinking at the very beginning, “What do dinosaurs have to do with Mario?”  Okay, so Yoshi’s a dinosaur, but that’s not relevant.  And then, after sitting through 100 minutes of total confusion that vanished from my memory as soon as I saw it, I thought, “Maybe I can do better!”  However, I didn’t know where to start from just yet.

That brings me to June 2011, when I thought about what I was going to do with my life now that nearly all my college general education requirements had been fulfilled.  Then, something popped into my head, something from I don’t know where, but it came as this sweet, small voice: “No matter where you go in life, what matters most is that you’re able to do what you love doing and are able to give freely to the world along the way.”  And, using this moral as the new core of an idea that had been floating in my head for at least a decade, the screenplay for SMSMB was born.

But since filmmaking is a highly collaborative effort, and because I also want to direct the movie, I obviously can’t do this all on my own.  That’s why I need you guys – SMB fans, TMK.net users, generic Internet surfers – to give me all the support you can give in the pursuit of a seemingly impossible dream.  Filmmaking has many facets, including set design, cinematography, editing, and sound design, but it’s not complete without those who are willing to go down to the theater and see it.  You would like to see a more stylistically authentic Mario movie with a more solid narrative structure than the one before, would you not?

Bottom line: This thread is dedicated to those who’d like to support my efforts as well as any questions or comments you might have regarding my project.  You can ask me about the plot, the characters, the music, the themes and messages, or any subject you choose.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print