Poll

Something's missing and I feel it but what?

needs more members
4 (6.9%)
15 (25.9%)
nothing
7 (12.1%)
we're missing a board
5 (8.6%)
more toad
4 (6.9%)
more yoshi
4 (6.9%)
more luigi
5 (8.6%)
more anime
2 (3.4%)
QUALITY
12 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Print

Author Topic: Something's missing  (Read 11775 times)

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2006, 11:49:39 PM »
I agree with Hyrulian and UL.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2006, 01:45:45 AM »
I'm too amused by the concept of merging to be able to consider the negative effects.
You take two topics, and... heehee... you squish 'em together!  Haha!

Oh, wait- missing?
Ca'n't think of a thing.
Go Moon!

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2006, 05:24:47 PM »
You know, I'm actually think we're missing quantity as well. There are no new posts and I'm just posting in other threads. I would make more topics, but I'm always being "annoying" to other members. The threads are just fine.

I really mean it. I viewed the board index and all of the replies are from me.

We need quantity and quality although I prefer quantity.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 05:27:05 PM by Aarom11 »

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2006, 05:20:07 PM »
I agree. With Luigison.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2006, 05:34:51 PM »
We need quantity and quality although I prefer quantity.

That is what is wrong with the FF. Forums aren't meant to be watched for hours at a time, with the watchers wondering why no one is posting. That is a thought process more fit for a chatroom, or maybe a telephone conversation.

So these watchers think that they should maybe get some activity going by making a few posts. They do that and if nothing happens within 15 minutes, this happens:

'Hey, no one is responding to my posts, maybe I should make a few topics that take me 2 seconds to think up'

Thus, with enough people doing this, we get a forum with quite a bit of meaningless posts and topics without thought or inspiration put behind them at all.

MY PROPOSED SOLUTION:

No one responding to what you say? Go do something for awhile and come back later when you have the time. Forums aren't meant to be places where you spend great deals of time, they are public communication boards for large groups of people who aren't on the internet at the same time. If you want to talk to people in a rapid fashion, use AIM. Multiple persons involved? Create a Buddy Chat. It's 100% free. Or, hey, download mIRC and get on #tmk. If you are having troubles doing so, you can PM a Mod and ask for help, so none of you try to play the "I can't get the chat to work" card.

So let's all work together and try real hard!

If you get an itch that you just can't scratch, AIM me at Misterfantastic4 and I'll quench your urge to type words at people (if I'm on).

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2006, 05:45:05 PM »
I spend a lot of time here mostly reading and not posting.

Also, bobman37 started the IRC channel #tmkizzle, and I am almost always there. It is on studio64.yi.org, just like #tmk. I'm the op there (>:D) and I don't mind if you type something just to say someting. Just obey the server rules, and try to be nice.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2006, 03:45:58 PM »
Dang, I have to be yelled at for having an opinion that's different from the majority?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2006, 03:52:31 PM »
Dang, I have to be yelled at for having an opinion that's different from the majority?

On about 90% of the forums I've been to, people who try to increase their post counts with short, one-line, often uncontributive (is that a word?) posts are frowned at. Those with lower post counts who are well known for the quality of their posts tend to be highly respected.

Not yelling at you; just stating an observation I've made.
~I.S.~

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2006, 10:52:05 PM »
Who's yellin'?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2006, 10:54:24 PM »
Needs more cowbell.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2006, 04:22:24 PM »
Those with lower post counts who are well known for the quality of their posts tend to be highly respected.

:D

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2006, 04:37:59 PM »
How do you use smileys?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 04:41:25 PM by Luigi #98 »
I am Doc. Cann.E.Bol. I am a cannibal?! Huh! Who knew?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2006, 04:43:54 PM »
The smileys are gone right now. I'm sure they'll be back soon.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print