Poll

Do you consider SMRPG:LotSS Canonical

Yes
No
Print

Author Topic: Does SMRPG fit within the Mario canon (if there is one)?  (Read 12532 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2007, 07:49:24 PM »
No, I mean, the people who write the Mario articles post tons and tons of misinformation and conjecture.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2007, 10:11:02 PM »
Perhaps Toadsworth was an adoptive father of Peach.
I said this a long time ago in the Mariology thread that perhaps Peach and Toadsworth's relationship is similar to that of Zelda and Impa's.  What I mean is that Toadsworth's and Impa's roles are similar.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2007, 01:09:32 AM »
But then who is Peach's father?
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2007, 01:14:02 AM »
Someone who is dead.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2007, 01:55:26 AM »
Maybe Peach's castle has secret rooms, where the important official stuff happens.
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2007, 10:37:55 AM »
That's interesting...  But how can there be more than one Bowser's Castle at the same time?

How many Wily Castles are there at any given time? XD

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2007, 04:38:57 PM »
Every time Mario tears down one of Bowser's castles, he ends up building a new one.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2007, 08:07:18 AM »
Well, as long as Nintendo had SOMETHING to do with it, I'd say it's canonical. Back when that game was made, it's not like a lot of Mario's world was set in stone, seeing as there had only been platformers.

And how would Princess Peach rule under any circumstances, anyway? She's a princess!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2007, 10:15:07 AM »
"Princess Peach Toadstool is the sovereign ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom, although by traditional definition this would make her realm a 'principality' and not a 'kingdom.'" ~ Mariopedia
That was a joke.

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2007, 09:12:15 PM »
But "Mushroom Principality" just doesn't have a nice ring to it.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2007, 04:32:56 PM »
It is a Mario game, and I believe that it fits in well with the Mario "canon." Yes, Toadsworth is Peach's father.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2007, 05:22:12 PM »
Where has it said that now?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2007, 10:44:34 PM »
Nowhere.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2007, 01:54:57 PM »
Didn't think so.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2007, 02:48:59 PM »
I would think Peach's father (if he's still alive) would be too busy governing the kingdom to worry himself on the welfare of his daughter.  That's where Toadsworth comes into play.  So no, Toadsworth is not Peach's father; he's kinda her father figure, but not her actual father.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print