Poll

What Wii Virtual Console games have you downloaded?

Wario's Woods
8 (3.4%)
Solomon's Key
3 (1.3%)
Soccer
1 (0.4%)
Sim City
3 (1.3%)
Pinball
1 (0.4%)
Mario Bros.
8 (3.4%)
Donkey Kong
5 (2.1%)
The Legend of Zelda
10 (4.3%)
Super Mario 64
10 (4.3%)
Altered Beast
1 (0.4%)
Sonic The Hedgehog
5 (2.1%)
F-Zero
5 (2.1%)
Bonk's Adventure
7 (3%)
Bomberman '93
4 (1.7%)
Super Star Soldier
4 (1.7%)
Golden Axe
1 (0.4%)
Ecco the Dolphin
2 (0.9%)
Victory Run
1 (0.4%)
Ristar
2 (0.9%)
Donkey Kong Jr.
3 (1.3%)
Columns
2 (0.9%)
Ice Hockey
1 (0.4%)
Gunstar Heroes
7 (3%)
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean
3 (1.3%)
Alien Crush
1 (0.4%)
Tennis
1 (0.4%)
Space Harrier II
1 (0.4%)
Military Madness
1 (0.4%)
ToeJam & Earl
3 (1.3%)
Super Mario Bros.
11 (4.7%)
Super Castlevania IV
2 (0.9%)
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
1 (0.4%)
R-TYPE
2 (0.9%)
Urban Champion
3 (1.3%)
Baseball
1 (0.4%)
Soldier Blade
2 (0.9%)
Gradius
2 (0.9%)
Dungeon Explorer
3 (1.3%)
Xevious
2 (0.9%)
R-TYPE III: THE THIRD LIGHTING
2 (0.9%)
Moto Roader
1 (0.4%)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
6 (2.6%)
Mario Kart 64 (N64)
12 (5.1%)
Contra III: The Alien Wars
2 (0.9%)
Comix Zone
2 (0.9%)
Bonanza Bros.
1 (0.4%)
VIGILANTE
1 (0.4%)
Super Mario World (SNES)
7 (3%)
Gain Ground
1 (0.4%)
Ice Climbers
2 (0.9%)
Kid Icarus (NES)
5 (2.1%)
Kirby's Adventure (NES)
7 (3%)
The Legend of Kage
1 (0.4%)
Streets of Rage
1 (0.4%)
New Adventure Island
3 (1.3%)
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
4 (1.7%)
Bio-Hazard Battle (GEN)
1 (0.4%)
Chew Man Fu (TG16)
2 (0.9%)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
9 (3.8%)
Elevator Action (NES)
2 (0.9%)
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts (SNES)
2 (0.9%)
Sword of Vermillion (GEN)
1 (0.4%)
Beyond Oasis
2 (0.9%)
Excitebike (NES)
2 (0.9%)
SPLATTERHOUSE
2 (0.9%)
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire
1 (0.4%)
StarFox 64 (N64)
5 (2.1%)
TMNT
3 (1.3%)
Dragon Curse
2 (0.9%)
Galaga (NES)
2 (0.9%)
Bravoman (TG16)
1 (0.4%)
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle (GEN)
1 (0.4%)
Punch Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (NES)
2 (0.9%)
Virtua Fighter 2 (GEN)
1 (0.4%)
Bonk's Revenge (TG16)
3 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Print

Author Topic: Wii Virtual Console games  (Read 13803 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2007, 02:21:40 PM »
It says when you get the game that the passwords were taken out. A rather stupid move on their part.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2007, 08:22:14 PM »
I wonder if their emulator glitched when they put in the passwords or something.
That was a joke.

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2007, 02:52:26 PM »
Ok, I went to my sister's house yesterday and was able to download Contra 3 because I remembered that one Maddox article where he claims it's the greatest game ever. That's debatable, but no doubt the game is ball busting hard and extremely fun. I also got Streets of Rage which I managed to beat in one sitting with the help of my brother though it's still quite fun. I also downloaded Super Mario Bros, but only because my brother kept asking for it and we managed to have enough for it. I already have like 3 copies of the game anyway.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2007, 02:14:47 AM »
All I have so far are Wario's Woods, Mario Bros., Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, and LoZ: Ocarina of Time.

I got OoT the morning I saw it on VC because I missed out on it in my 64 years. :P

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2007, 07:20:45 AM »
Alas, not owning my own broadband service, I am forced to haul my Wii and its effects into town whenever I feel like buying a VC game, via mooching the Wi-Fi off an acquaintance. SO far, I've got... Mario Kart 64 (it hasn't aged as gracefully as I previously felt...). But I'm holding out for Kirby's Dream Land 3!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2007, 03:25:13 PM »
Bah, forget KDL3, Kirby Super Star is where it's at!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2007, 06:37:05 PM »
List updated.  I'll probably get Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2007, 09:52:08 PM »
My ratings:

5 Stars:
Bomberman '93
Kirby's Adventure
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
New Adventure Island
Sim City
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario World

4 Stars:
Bonk's Adventure
Chew Man Fu
Donkey Kong Country
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean
Mario Kart 64
Ristar
Solomon's Key
Super Castlevania IV
Super Ghoul's 'N Ghosts

3 Stars:
Kid Icarus
Gunstar Heros
Sonic the Hedhog
Wario's Woods

2 Stars:
Columns
Mario Bros.

My most played VC game so far is New Adventure Island.  It's not as good as Super Mario Bros. in many ways, but I'm addicted to it.  NAI is an action platform game in which you jump, dodge, or shoot enemies and obstacles while you collect fruit to keep your meter from running out.  You typically have to run through the levels because the fruit disappear quickly. 

My second most played VC title is Kirby's Adventure.  This game is like most Kirby 2D titles and is probably the easiest VC game I've played.  It's still quite worth the download.

I am also enjoying Bomberman.  I fondly remember playing the NES version with my grandmother about two decades ago.  While this version is better than the NES version in many ways it's a shame they didn't offer a newer Bomberman.  Even so, I'll probably be occupied with this one for some time and won't be getting Bomberman Wii unless it has some cool improvements over the standard Bomberman formula.

I have also played a lot of SMB with my wife and some single player SMW and TLoZ:ALttP.  All three of those are great games and everyone should own some version of them and the other Mario/Zelda games I gave five stars.  I'm sure I'll play a lot more of all of them, but so far I've been concentrating on games that are new to me.  I'm also hoping of SMB3 soon. 

Bonk's Adventure is my favorite of the games I gave four stars.  I'm really looking forward to playing some newer Bonk games.  Donkey Kong Country and Ristar are also cool platformers.

Kid Icarus and Gunstar Heros were my two biggest let downs.  Kid Icarus is fairly hard and the level design is very basic.  Gunstar may actually be a five star game, but I only gave it three stars because I didn't enjoy it.  This is probably simply because I'm not into most shooters.  I gave both of these a try because of all the people I'd heard talk about them and all the downloads I'd seen them get.

Mario Bros. was a waste of points.  I have several better copies of it and had forgot how simple the graphics and less refined the play control was in the NES version. 

How would you rate the games you've downloaded?

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2007, 02:03:23 PM »
Well, I don't think I've played the games I've downloaded long enough to give them a rating. So far, I have downloaded The Legend of Zelda (my first ever Zelda game. Shame me now), Donkey Kong (I mean, shouldn't everyone have this on their Wii console?), and The LEgend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. My VC gaming status right now:

LoZ: Have yet to beat the first dungeon
DK: Only got through the first level
OoT: I have no GCN controlller or Classic controller, so I haven't even played it yet ^_^' (though I know I'm going to like it, I mean, NP rated it the best Nintendo game of all time.)

I look forward to beating LoZ, as I will have some experience of the Zelda franchise going into Ocarina of Time, or maybe I'll just skip ahead to OoT, or just skip both and go right to Twilight Princess when I buy it. The choice is all mine.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2007, 02:58:08 PM »
Dude, you have the opportunity to play every Zelda game in chronological order of release. That's what you should do. Completely beat Loz (NES), then go to Zelda 2, then LttP, etc. Don't forget the Game Boy ones.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2007, 03:13:27 PM »
Buy the time he's done, the Playstation 6 will be released :D
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2007, 10:42:41 PM »
List updated. 

I'm glad SMB is on top.  I've go 30 VC games and thought I'd seen all the SMB download meters until I saw Mario & Luigi swim today.  I'm nearly out of blocks and channels now.

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2007, 10:45:07 PM »
After seeing that Kirby's Adventure (an awesome game) is on the VC, I'm going to consider trying to get some Wii points cards for that and The Lost Levels.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2007, 01:07:55 AM »
Checked:  I have 10 channels & 367 blocks remaining. 

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2007, 04:27:35 AM »
To L'son: It's SPLATTERHOUSE, not Slaughterhouse.

To Vid: The Lost Levels?

Print