Print

Author Topic: So what would you name your kids?  (Read 34717 times)

« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2007, 07:09:22 PM »
I want my wife to choose. I'm no good at names.  :P
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2007, 08:45:45 PM »
Me niether, check out my username!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2007, 09:40:34 AM »
I was gonna name them Mario and Luigi if I had kids but I'm not Italian so...
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2007, 09:56:25 AM »
If I marry a guy with some Italian in his family background, I MIGHT suggest naming our boy Luigi.

My first name is Italian, but I don't have a single drop of Italian blood running through my veins that I know of.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2007, 01:42:45 PM »
I honestly think naming a child "Luvbi" would be worse than "Link." Of course, this is females we're talking about, so I'll settle for "Zelda" in this case. The problem is that "Luvbi" has far too many possible ways for kids to poke fun at it, even without knowing the video game origin.

<<; It was a joke.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2007, 01:51:27 PM »
Well, I want to name my kids, wait for it... Grindel and Hans. By the way, I am not German.
No Glorb, I think it was Chuck Norris.

« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2007, 02:14:42 PM »
I sorta am, and I like those names, though...Hans, sorry bad third twice removed cousin memories...  ::)

Oh, and Kojinka, I know someone who would agree with you wholeheartedly. :)

Also, Paper luigi, I like your thinking already. ;)

Oh and Chef...no offense but don't get a big head, I wanted to nem a daughter Roberta because I the woman I was named for, her english name translated into Roberta, so... :P
Please hurt me not. I bow to you all. I know nothing!
The wii is not a toy! It is a recreational device used by people to play on screens by pressing buttons. and I think it's cool.^.^

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2007, 02:43:57 PM »
Thats actually a pretty freaky coincidence that the guy you ended up with (me) has the same [male version of the] English name of the person you were named for. Yet another sign that we were meant to be together. :3

You know, if I did have a son, I'd probably be pressured into naming him Micheal or Francis.

« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2007, 04:22:08 PM »
Chef,that is so cute!:) I had a cat named Francis once. Oh, and Amy, you're so nice. You're like a welcoming fruit basket!:)
No Glorb, I think it was Chuck Norris.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2007, 04:59:04 PM »
The most clever normal name I thought up for anything is Milo.  Here's why it's clever.  One day I randomly switched the 'i' and the 'r' around in 'Mario', resulting 'Mairo'.  Because the Japanese alphabet uses 'R' in place of 'L', I guessed that Mairo could be the Romaji spelling of Milo.  On a side note, I've always thought that if Mario was turned into a dog, he'd be a beagle.  That is how my beagle on Nintendogs got his name.  He even has the red hat. ^_^
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2007, 05:06:23 PM »
You'd have to ba asking for a sad, picked-on kid to name them after a video game character... I've realized Clark could be associated with Clark Kent, but... so? He'd be a super kid. If I were nicknamed Superman, I'd enjoy it. I've been nicknamed a lot, especially this last year... Dr Pepper, because I love the stuff and had a shirt with the logo on it (where is it now...?) I'm mostly fine with that. Mustache, because... I have a light mustache. Don't really like that one so much. Fluffy, 'cause of my hair. Only one person calls me that, and he's actually my friend so I don't care. Once someone called me "Nintendo" and I just had to laugh...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 05:19:19 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2007, 05:27:14 PM »
Here are some of the nicknames I've gotten in a forum game at Legendary Lilypad's forums.
KO KO
Pachinko
Nintendo Girl
Ko ko Mario
Kojin pebbals
Party like a Mario boy/Party like a Toadstool Princess
It's a me, Kojinka

A lot of those are because my avatar and sig at that forum have Mario and Princess Peach.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2007, 01:50:20 PM »
My sister was (is?) nicknamed "poopie" (and other variations, such as spooky and pukey) by my dad a few years ago.
every

« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2007, 03:16:43 PM »
I was called pretty much nothing but Fly all four years of high school.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2007, 08:31:31 AM »
"So we got married and we bought us a house and had two beautiful children, Nathaniel and Superfly."

I could see naming a kid Nathan, since that's the name of one of my best friends, whom I jam with often.  He's a piano player, and I play the drums.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print