Print

Author Topic: Somehow I saw Mario do the Long Jump in Super Mario Sunshine  (Read 6729 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« on: May 27, 2007, 03:01:29 PM »
It's weird, but I saw Mario do the Long Jump in Super Mario Sunshine. I don't completely remember but here's as much as I remember:

Go to Gelato Beach on Episode 8. After you bring the biggest watermelon and the shine appears, stand on top of the juice bar, run and push B to lung, and push A to get the shine. When Mario touches the shine, he should do the Long Jump from Super Mario 64.

Note: This only worked twice for me, and it doesn't move you anywhere.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 04:28:02 PM »
Um........okay.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 06:20:06 PM »
That sounds kind of interesting... Do you promise it's real?
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 06:26:46 PM »
Are you sure you didn't press A to jump first and then B to lunge, thus making Mario grab the Shine, because if you grab the Shine in the middle of a jump/lunge/using FLUDD, the game will continue the animation for whatever you were doing at the time, until Mario hits the ground below the Shine.

I've used this little trick to change the camera so that Mario is facing a way when he celebrates. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 07:16:25 PM »
Spin jump?

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 07:24:37 PM »
Hmm.. forgot about the Spin Jump. I'll test that one and get back to you.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 02:43:42 PM »
Well then, I'd be interested in knowing how you got Mario backwards.  Side jump?

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 01:24:07 PM »
Yes, I promise it is real. It might have just been an oddity from my game. No, I didn't jump first and then press B to lunge. Yes, I also change the camera when Mario celebrates, but I didn't do it for this. For anyone curious how I found this out, it was by accident. I have tried this again and it didn't work. If it works again I shall let you know.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 03:55:47 PM »
Do you have any proof? Like a video or pictures?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 09:08:44 PM »
I really dislike how people go "it might just be on my copy of the game" because that's pretty much totally impossible.
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 09:47:53 PM »
I really need proof of what Kimimaru did before I try it on my game. It just seems highly unlikely that Mario did this, since it ain't in his move list. This game, anyway.

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 09:48:31 PM »
I really dislike how people go "it might just be on my copy of the game" because that's pretty much totally impossible.
Haha, I like it--for the exact same reason.

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 04:49:24 PM »
Well then, I'd be interested in knowing how you got Mario backwards.  Side jump?

It wasn't so much the backwards, it was the way I changed the camera angels after collecting the Shine..

If you start a jump of any kind (Rocket Jump, Spin Jump, normal jump, ect..) and collect a shine, Mario will not do the animation for it, but he will still get the height for it and hit the ground to do his Shine get!. If you press X (or was it Y?) to make the camera zoom in close to Mario (the one that is the equivalent to the Mario cam from Super Mario 64) and move the control stick around some before Mario hits the ground, then he will still do the Shine Get! celebration, but the camera angel may be different.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 09:49:44 PM »
I couldn't get any proof, sorry. It only worked twice: once by accident, again because I didn't believe it happened. I've been trying since then, and it didn't work. If I see it again I'll be sure to tell you guys.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 09:52:50 PM by Kimimaru »

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 09:16:36 AM »
Sorry guys, I tried again and again... It's strange how it only worked two times though.

Print