Print

Author Topic: Mario's Character  (Read 14627 times)

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2007, 01:44:49 AM »
All of you all have interesting points. I guess Mario IS developing a personality after all! I like reading you guys theories, so I'll won't add mine; I'll read you all's.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2007, 04:07:53 PM »
I had it on my MP3 player during my Sophomore year. The only person that ever heard it thought I was absolutely insane.

My fiancee thinks that I'm insane too. Anytime I hear an official remix of any form of gaming music, I'll get really excited and turn to her and say "Hey! That was *insert game that had original form of music, and location that had it*! I can't believe it!!"
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2007, 08:40:39 PM »
I've just thought of something else!.. During the first little bit of Superstar Saga, Luigi is hanging out the laundry when Toad comes by looking for Mario. After Toad finds Mario, Mario runs out and jumps into his clothes which are still hanging on the line, and poor Luigi is dragged after him. When they arrive at the castle, Mario is dashing forward but then stops when he sees Bowser is ahead. Luigi, still with momentum from the jog there, slides across the floor and hits Bowser, thus launching the first battle of the game.

I would have thought Mario would grab the line so that his brother doesn't slide into the clutches of their mortal enemy (though I do think it was done more for comedic value. That was a pretty hilarious game..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2007, 10:03:15 PM »
Mario was probably going so quickly that he didn't even know he was dragging the line (and Luigi).
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2007, 04:00:24 AM »
After Toad finds Mario, Mario runs out and jumps into his clothes
STALKER!! Heh heh heh...
I bet Mario and Luigi split the chores, though. Mario probably gets the garden-protecting job in which he stomps on Monty Moles, and I would bet my arm and a dollar that he does the dishes at least half of the time. Meh...
I hate all chores but I end up having to do the majority anyway. How could she lie and say she had done the dishes the previous night?! Why, I'd done them that day!! And there were clearly dishes in there when I went in the early hours. But it's me, I'm such a pushover and I do it... But it's not just her. My parents have me do chores all the time before asking her! I mean, and right after she gets...!! What do I get? Hollow promises that don't come true? But that's my fault too, I could have brought it up beforehand... No, I blame myself for everything! But that's as it's always been, because I'm the youngest and so... But that would have been so much more fun if I had. Instead,  my only memory is that crazy dude... But I could have had that as an inside joke with...!! And when I was nine... They told me I could... BUT THEY HAD TO CRASH AN AIRPLANE INTO IT A FEW MONTHS AFTER!! Why? Why?? If I were to join the army that would be the sole purpose... Although I did get to go a couple of years ago. And it wasn't bad...
Oh, er, sorry. I'm frowning on the inside. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I should go to bed.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2007, 03:03:07 PM »
No comment.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2007, 03:14:32 PM »
No offence dude, but if you don't have a comment, then you're wasting a post.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2007, 05:15:12 PM »
Except "no comment" has more meaning than it seems.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2007, 06:31:05 PM »
Hah, I had to read Bird Person's post again to understand why he said "no comment". Sorry about that, dude.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2007, 12:46:40 AM »
Sorry, all. Won't happen again. For the record, though, my sister never folded that other basket of laundry. My mom ended up doing it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

~Lavender

• What is light urple?
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2007, 12:01:37 PM »
I always thought of Mario as arrogant yet heart-loving at the same time. Luigi may show his personality more since he is not the one thats always controlled but its pretty fun determining Mario's character.

Sometimes Ive even thought of him as lazy, like in Super Mario Sunshine, the guy sweeping around in the hotel where the ghosts were at asked Mario if he could use a vacuum to get rid of them, and later he said "What, why are you looking at me like that?" but that could have reminded him of Luigi..but who can really blame him since he was forced to clean an entire island up....

I honestly think a lot of things change for the characters because of whoever is running the game. Like Luigi, isnt he supposed to be known as the intelligent type? the "Mario is brawns and Luigi is brains" thing but however it doesnt show very much in the ML series, and they make him more of a goof instead. I may be wrong though since I havent really fully played both of the games >< Thats why I think its just whoever is managing the game >_> It gets on my nerves.

In one of the MPT trophy sequences (I forgot the character who wins ><) Luigi falls and Mario (along with Peach) tries to help him get up, however Mario doesnt do a thing in M and L when Luigi gets hurt. Then, this isnt much but in the title screen for Luigi's Mario Party theme Wario is trying to attack Luigi and you can see Mario aiming to pull him back, and for MT64 he jumps in when Luigi is about to fight Waluigi in the opening sequence.

Oh, and didn't the Star Gate in PIT mention in some way that he cares about luigi?

Well, ok I hope I wasn't going off its just everyone seemed to be discussing whether he cares for luigi or not..

Mario has all kinds of traits to me though. Like..he's hyper, but also has a bad temper on some cases. Nintendo of Europe released his public diary a few years back....when they were celebrating his anniversary or something, and each page had Mario summarizing one of his adventures. One of the pages Mario even admits he gets tired of Peach getting kidnapped, but he still does it anyway and thats what makes him so kind hearted. And then on another diary entry, he was talking about when he met Lord Crump and called him a Son of a gun. I'd never expect mario to say that o.0

NOE could have just done that for fun but they made it seemed like he really wrote it from the advertising. but dont jump me or anything >< I'll try and look for it again if I can.

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2007, 08:54:09 AM »
About mario toward luigi i noticed that mario almost NEVER saves luigi yet luigi saved him twice!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2007, 11:54:07 AM »
That's probably because Mario's a bigger target than Luigi.  Actually, I can name at least one time that Mario saved Luigi.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2007, 01:15:23 PM »
Super Mario 64 DS, correct?
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2007, 01:50:23 PM »
Actually, I was focusing on Yoshi's Island (Although Baby Mario did have help from the Yoshis), but I guess SM64DS could count.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print