Yes
12 (57.1%)
Sometimes
9 (42.9%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Print

Author Topic: The Rumble Feature  (Read 10829 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2007, 09:54:49 PM »
Another thing to add to my list of reasons NOT to download OoT on the VC.  Heck I think I just lost interest in downloading Star Fox 64.  I'd rather find an N64 cartridge for it on eBay.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2007, 07:02:34 AM »
Now, this is quite odd. I understand that rumble adds to the feeling of playing a game, but is it so important that some games have to be avoided like the plague? Rumble does necessarily make a game "good": it's peripheral. Anyone can still play games with or without rumble; the rumble just adds a subtle feeling of involvement, but other than that it's just a controller shaking in your hands. Kojinka, I can't believe you're simply avoiding VC OoT or VC Star Fox 64 to buy some used N64 cart (which destroys the whole purpose of the VC) just because it has no rumble. If the original cart has rumble, I don't really think OoT was called by several critics "one of the greatest games of all time" just for that.

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2007, 07:47:18 AM »
Star Fox 64 was the first console game with rumble so it's a historic experience.

Ocarina of Time actually has secrets that could only be conceivably found through rumble. Stone of Agony, anyone?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2007, 08:04:15 AM »
Also, I already have OoT(Gold cart) on my N64.  Both still functional.  I MIGHT still download SF64, but I wanna download Paper Mario first.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2007, 10:29:49 AM »
Playing games on their original consoles is definitely better. The one advantage to VC is higher resolution on N64 games. That said, since they fixed the analog stick sensitivity on SF64, there is no reason for me to buy the game since I own an original copy that now behaves exactly the same and has rumble.
That was a joke.

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2007, 05:31:21 PM »
That said, since they fixed the analog stick sensitivity on SF64, there is no reason for me to buy the game...
I don't know what you're talking about with fixing the stick sensitivity, but you just made me realize one of the VC's strong points:  the controller.  I don't know about you guys, but my original N64 controllers are just about useless... They're beat beyond repair; I don't care how many times David Dayton guides me otherwise.

Thumbstick technology has come a long way, I guess.  The GC had quality controllers, and I expect the Wii's to last at least as long.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2007, 10:05:45 PM »
GC sticks still wear out after enough Smash. Anyway, the first version of VC SF64 had a nice smooth framerate and no slowdown, but for some reason the analog sensitivity on the Classic Controller was way high. So they released a second version with proper analog control, but that put all the slowdown back in.
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2007, 11:08:21 AM »
I've got Star Fox 64 for the VC, and I'm not sure about what version I have, but I don't see any analog or framerate problems.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2007, 11:51:40 AM »
Well, check out what happens after you select a level (happens sometimes) and also pretty much the whole Aquas level.
That was a joke.

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2007, 01:24:18 PM »
Does it autoupdate the first version or do you have to manually redownload?

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2007, 04:43:01 PM »
Rumble does add feeling to the game, but you don't need it. Sure, back then it was something to buy with some games, but now it is common in games. I like the feeling when I used to hit a wall in Super Mario Sunshine(now that doesn't happen because I'm too good.) Rumble does make games feel more realistic, but it is a minor enhancement. There's criticism for PS3 having no rumble? That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard. All I hear nowadays are people complaining about the PS3, but neither of them have even touched one. It's games people, not specs that make a system. The Wii shows how graphics don't matter in a system. You buy a system to have fun playing the games, not looking at how realistic your character looks. If people want good graphics, go outside. That has the best graphics.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 04:44:56 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2007, 05:49:17 PM »
Not really. The light source is way too bright. I can't even look at it without my screen frying. Furthermore, the run speed is ludicrously slow and travel times are obscene. You also have to grind for literally hours on end just to make a tiny amount of money.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2007, 06:13:12 PM »
I really don't care whether or not rumble is on, except that I prefer it off in Melee, but since I often forget/don't bother to put the Pak in N64 controllers (I didn't even know Paper Mario had rumble until a few days ago) and prefer to play with WaveBirds, it's usually off. I don't turn it off with the Wii remote and only really notice it's on when the Void in SPM expands. But I'd probably notice something missing if I turned it off.
I agree that the rumble-based Mario Party 4 games are better with actual rumble.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2007, 06:19:29 PM »
except that I prefer it off in Melee
Are you serious? Are you BLEEPIN' serious?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2007, 07:50:20 PM »
Yes, it's... I don't know, too heavy? Like, it rumbles at everything, a lot, and it distracts me...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print